1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Want to buy BMW r100GS forks

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by pinegrasss, Sep 21, 2021.

1. pinegrasss

pinegrasss n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    looking for some front forks for a 1990 bmw r100gs after New Century BMW worked on my front end and the front caliper sheared off a week later. Luckily not on the freeway.
  2. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome n00b! Glad you are okay, sounds like it was pretty ugly failure.
    What has New Century offered to do about it? At the very least they should pay for all the replacement parts and labor.

I can't personally help you with the R100GS parts, but you should post this over in the Airheads Flea Market thread https://advrider.com/f/threads/airheads-flea-market-thread-see-first-post-for-tips-rules.1028901/ You might get a lot more useful exposure there.

You stay safe and stay healthy!
  3. toyboy

toyboy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like maybe you need a slider. Hit me up if you figure it out. Probably have one....
  4. pinegrasss

pinegrasss n00b

Oddometer:
    after 10 days, and as i posted, they finally located a slider/sleeve, they had said theyd take a fork if they couldnt find a sleeve, and theyre covering parts and labour, as they should, thanks for the rapid response