BMW R1200 GS nonABS...and/or HP sps bike...

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by daotoys1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. daotoys1

daotoys1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have any new info on these 2 topics:

BMW R 1200 GS availability in the USA without ABS/servo....

and/or

The BMW R 1200 HP limited production bike...

My local dealer told me he thought he could order a nonABS R1200GS for me....Im in Colorado USA....

What have you guys heard???...

thanks
    :thumb :ear :thumb
  2. ebnelson

ebnelson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What price did the dealer quote for the non-servo/non-abs model? How long is the lead time after ordering to take delivery? :ear
  3. Ayrshire Bull

Ayrshire Bull why the hell not?

Oddometer:
    I don't know if you'll find this useful info or not ....

in Canada (just north of USA) you can have the 1200 for:

$18,350 Cdn base
    or add 1,800 for abs brakes. :deal
  4. daotoys1

daotoys1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Colorado dealer said that the non ABS R1200 GS would be roughly $1000.00 USD less than an ABS bike....also said that it may take 2 to 2 1/2 monthes delivery once ordered...

Im holding off a while to see if the R1200 HP sps bike come available....if it can be gotten this year, then Ill go for it rather than the R 1200 GS....I dont want the ABS servo crap either way...its just extra weight, wasted $$, and just one more high tech gismo to F--K up....I like my bikes to be more easily service-able..... :thumb :thumb :thumb
  5. ebnelson

ebnelson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's funny /bc my dealer was like, "oh I've never heard of the non-ABS model, it's doesn't exsist". I'd trust advrider users over a salesman any day! Oh yeah, he did say the HP was available and that they had one more they could order. I'd love to see some pics of that bike.
  6. Camo Jo

Camo Jo a lotta Mojo

Oddometer:
    Our local dealer here in the South of Africa have a NON ABS model on the floor for roughly $18 200.00 at the current rate of exchange.

Quite an attractive option, One can even replace the stock suspension with something decent like Ohlins and have a real awsome handling bike.

Or maybe I'm just used to the ADV suspension.
  7. FlyLow

FlyLow Just Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    ANY information on this rumored bike would be highly appreciated (even if you have to make it up). I am considering getting a KTM SuperDuke but a "HP" BMW could definitely make me change my mind.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks - Kurt<o:p></o:p>
  8. rideLD

rideLD The further the better!

Oddometer:
    Here is some good made up misinformation for you
    http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthrea...ber=468322&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1 :thumb
  9. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I believe that BMW SA have just brought in FOUR with the lates shipment, with at least two booked before they landed. BTW what is the floor price in the SA greenback currency?
    (I am not sure that doing an exchange rate calculation is a worthwhile excercise as BMW SA rip us off anyway = for example I just did an interesting price comparison of a few spares I just bought [throttle body cables, throttle cable, fuel filter, o-ring, plugs...] and guess what the US$ price is HALF what we are paying!!! I could mail order the parts and even with VAT and courier charges it would still be cheaper].:huh :cry
  10. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    HP arriving in the US in September- SuperDUke is still over a year away- Sept of '06~ HP's will probably all be spoken for with deposits long before they get here- if you want one, it's going to be one of those buy it site unseen- and sell it for $1000 more "used" if you don't like it. Better get after it now if you're serious~
  11. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whats the r1200gs HP? I've never heard of it yet.
  12. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Higher output- conventional front forks- lighter weight. Whether it's dirt oriented or a motard remains to be seen... folks have been hearing rumors of each/both. Price is expected to be north of 20K and EXTREMELY limited availability- 1 or 2 per dealer.
  13. simonm

simonm Stealth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah and the rest.

I've heard > £14,000 of our British pounds (~$27,000 at the current rate) :eek1
    Strictly special order only.
    I'm having one in every colour.
  14. tytreat

tytreat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey first time registering, but not new to the site. I have gotten some info regarding the r1200 GS HP. Model currently in production and to be released August or Sept. Pricing to be approx. $1500-$2000 more then a GS. Availability to be extremely limited, with a total production of just over 300 bikes, dealers to see approximately one each, with some dealers (larger volume dealers) seeing 3-4. As for specs on the bike, yes more HP 110hp is what I have heard. Suspension to be more race oriented. Other then that anyone's guess til you actually see it. I am on the list at my local shop for one, and have even gone so far as placing a meager deposit. My sales rep had the ear of a BMWNA person at one of the recent shows and confirmed some speculation that I had heard. After my persistance, he placed me first on the list and apparently now has a few names and deposits. We'll see what comes of it, but if it doesn't materialize, then I'll just suck it up and buy a gs. Nothing ventured nothing gained....If I believed all of BMW's sales info, I wouldn't own a 2004 Piedmont Red k1200 Gt either (not in any BMW sales literature), sometimes it pays to know the right people.....

Now I fully expect to be flamed for my insight, so let it burn....

JT
  15. westnash

westnash Long timer

Oddometer:
    Taking deposits without quoting prices or deliveries.......that's the way to go!
  16. tytreat

tytreat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    BMW's are not for the faint at heart. If you have to ask .......you can't afford it....
  17. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
  18. FlyLow

FlyLow Just Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK - I have seen the front of Mororrad. Is that it (the GS-HP) or is it an artists impression? Cant' find the magazine here in Reno!

Someone has got to know!! ?
  19. kbasa

kbasa Being, human. Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    My dealer already has two deposits on the HP. They figure they'll get one, maybe two. If you want an HP, you better cough up a check Real Soon Now.
  20. Josephvman

Josephvman I'm the Decider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dude, it's a freaking motorcycle, not a Riva motor yacht! Any deadbeat with a job can afford it....whether one chooses to is another story...

Maybe you could get a job writing ad copy for BMW Motorcycles NA...

"BMW Motorrad...Because living well is the best revenge..."