BMW R18

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Rdy2Trvl, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Rdy2Trvl

Rdy2Trvl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I noticed that Argyll Motorsports in Edmonton have announced that they will be displaying the new R18 in their showroom, between Aug 20- 22. It's a good excuse for a road trip I think.
  2. bobbyh

bobbyh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe they'll make it a demo bike. I've found the Motorad guys like you to ride their stuff if possible.
    Rdy2Trvl likes this.
  3. Rdy2Trvl

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good philosophy, especially for higher end motorcycles. Customers tend to be more loyal when treated well.
  4. Rdy2Trvl

Oddometer:
    Well,.... huhmmmmmm????
    Visited Argyll an hr ago. No R18 to be seen. Maybe tomorrow.
  5. Rdy2Trvl

Oddometer:
    Good news today, (Friday Aug 21) The R18 is now on display at Edmontons Argyll Motorsports. It is scheduled to be there for Sat also.
    It appears to be an American model, as the speedo is in Mph, (Max 130 Mph.)

Caveat here, I have never owned a cruiser style M/C.
    First impression, those are really massive jugs, that engine dominates your first view. The fit and finish is BMW perfection. Nicely styled and functional. I liked the seat and the seating position. I found it easy to lift the bike upright off of the side stand.
    The low seat height was impressive, though after riding a 1200 GSA, "everything" has a low seat height. The salesman pointed out the small chrome lever, located above the left foot peg. This activates an electric reverse drive.
    Personally, I'm NOT a fan of the fishtail exhaust pipes. they look amateurish, almost like a backyard creation, fortunately there are custom pipes to order from BMW.
    The salesman indicated that there eventually will be a further two models, (possibly a bagger.) There seems to be a lot of BMW accessories planned for this bike.
    Suggested MSRP is $21 K Canadian.

Attached Files:

Gearhead1250GS likes this.
  6. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe the rumours were true that BMW bought Harley. :jack They at least hired some of their designers. Not my thing but hope they sell a bunch to the crowd they are marketing to.
  7. 3990

3990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Of course there are..!! LOL