BMW RA 2015 Rally October 1-4

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by womanridge, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Chobro

Chobro spinning the wheel

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I fixed it.

2. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    So sorry that the weather is gonna suck for the rally.
    [​IMG]
  3. Tor

Tor Making Life A Ride, One Corner At A Time

Oddometer:

Currently in Kennett, MO. Came down through The Land Between the Lakes from my encounter with the KY hillbillies while getting lost

LBL

[​IMG]

This monster didn't like my presence at all. He just stopped after clearing the car in front of me, and just looked in my direction. Only thought was "Time to get the hell out of Dodge"

LBL

[​IMG]
    cgguy09 likes this.
  4. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weather is looking even better.
    [​IMG]
  5. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Heading out bright and early in the morning:clap
    cgguy09 likes this.
  6. cgguy09

cgguy09 ScientiƦ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:
    Anyone heading that way from St. Louis!? I just saw this & I think I'll ride on down!

If anyone is PM me! We'll make a plan to get down there.
  7. cgguy09

cgguy09 ScientiƦ Cedit Mare

Oddometer:

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. spartanag

spartanag n00b

Oddometer:
    Wow, I saw a ton of bikes today here in North Central Arkansas. You guys picked a great weekend; the weather is supposed to be fantastic. Hopefully, I'll run into a few of you while out riding this weekend, since I only live about an hour from Harrison.
  9. Colt03

Colt03 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Arrived tuesday night, we have ridden about 250 sMiles since, you cannot find a bad road. We road the Moonshine route today, 123 has the tightest hairpin turns I have ridden since the Alps. Nice sweepers on 7 and 43, Having a great time.
  10. Clayburn

Clayburn Benjamun

Oddometer:
    Rode hwy 7, 123, looped back to 7 back into Harrison today. Great ride, perfect weather. Raining in Nashville since Thursday. Will be back!
  11. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Arrived Wednesday evening, 685 miles door to door, set up the tent, had a beer and went to bed.

Met a few new friends and rode several of the 'loops', Peel Ferry, Jasper Disaster and the Ozark Moonshine Run. The routes included Hwy's 7, 43, 74, 23, 21 and an exceptional 16 along with several other enjoyable roads. I was amazed at the fine quality of the roads with many, many miles of new asphalt.

The venue was fine for the 1000 or so campers with a variety of fine eating establishments well within a short ride. Harrison was a great community with very welcoming and friendly folks. I enjoyed the area so much I believe the Wife and I are going to return in the Spring.

Glad to be home but a nice mini vacation. Enjoyed it.
  12. Gezerbike

Gezerbike I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ck

Oddometer:
    Just pulled in to St Louis a few hours ago. So far, about 1,100 miles since I left the western 'bubs of Chicago. 400 miles all 2 lane on Wednesday, stopping in Hermann. Thursday was an oh my day......19, to 32 to 181 to 160 to 125, the Peel Ferry, more 125 to 7 and in to Harrison. 284 miles of nothing but twisty's ( except for the ferry :). We were beat when we got there ! The new PR4 Trails on the big GS were perfect for this ride. On one of the loop rides Saturday, we ran into a bunch of Harleys pulled over on one of the uphill switchbacks on 123. They were trying to push/beat/twist a bike back into shape. Talking to someone back at rally central, he said when they went by a little earlier, there was an ambulance and a helicopter on the scene.....too bad. Anyhow, I'll work three days here in St Louis then head to Potosi Wednesday afternoon. Weather looks great so this should be a great rally, and a great 10 day trip.
  13. Tourbus

Tourbus Lost but not worried

Oddometer:
    Had a great weekend. Rode down 125 across Peel ferry, met up with XLR8R (Jack). We made an odd pair, me riding a Gray 1966 R50/2 and him on a Red 2015 XR1000. Both bikes drew a crowd.

Put 560 miles on the R50 over the 4 days of riding, rolled over 11K real miles on Saturday. Should have entered the R50/2 in the vintage show but was having too much fun riding it.
  14. Tor

Tor Making Life A Ride, One Corner At A Time

Oddometer:
    Pulled in yesterday afternoon (SC) Not a drop of rain. I was prepared for the worst from Charlotte onward, but got lucky. Great rally, great people, phenomenal roads and jackpot WX. Can't ask for more. Tina, you're amazing. Thanks for putting this together for us. Job well done.
  15. Easyrider 58

Easyrider 58 Control Enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great time at the event, my first. Rode up from the great sandbox in the FL Panhandle. Here's a highlight reel from the GS Giants Dual Sport ride on Saturday...about 80 miles, half twisty pavement, half dirt and gravel, 100% huge fun.

Video had a great soundtrack but youtube pulled it...sorry.
    Tor likes this.
  16. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you take the left branch at the fork in the road going down the hill?
    That doesn't look familiar, if not I didn't know anyone had problems going down. I know some did take the wrong turn there.
    Twinboy likes this.
  17. Easyrider 58

Oddometer:
    Yes, a few of us took the left fork at first and went to the campground at the end of the road, waited for about 10 minutes and realized we zigged when we should have zagged. We backtracked and caught up with everyone as they tackled the hill climb. I video'd my initial descent as everyone else was on their ascent. I went to the end of the road and then turned around and joined the gang on the hillclimb. Made it uneventfully the first time but didn't turn on my camera so I turned around and did it again. This time, I dumped at the top just as the hill jogged left. Took a good 15 minutes of dragging the bike around with help from a couple good samaritans before finally joining the rest of the crew who had since climbed out successfully. Great time and definitely earned a lunch stop!
  18. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ahh, I see now.
    I was one of the first few up the hill, didn't realize there was so much carnage on the way out. :muutt

Thanks for the video.
  19. Easyrider 58

Oddometer:
    My pleasure...wish all could have enjoyed the soundtrack before youtube pulled it. Spending the weekend east of Birmingham, AL at the Barber's Vintage Motorcycle Festival. Very cool and worth attending if you've never made it out. http://www.barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/