BMW Safari Australia - March 2003

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by rhino boy, Nov 3, 2002.

1. rhino boy

rhino boy Banned

Oddometer:
    Thought you might be interested.

There are 5 of GS owners going - trying to entice more off road riders, so we can outvote those that ride the Bismarck!

BMW Safari 2003 - The peninsulas, ranges, valleys and hills of South Australia

Your Invitation - BMW Australia Motorrad is pleased to issue an invitation to all BMW riders and their partners to join us in South Australia in March 2003 for one of Australia's premier motorcycle events - the BMW Safari 2003. The dates are Saturday 15 March-Friday 21 March.

Details www.bmwsafari.com
  2. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    thanks ..BUT NO thanks Rhino Boy
    Have fun :):
    you guys have more $ than ME!!!! fuck $655.00 for a planned root and acouple of feeds:arg

Participation Fee
    For the BMW Safari 2003 a participation fee of $340 + GST per rider and $315 + GST per pillion will apply.

This entitles each participant to the following:

- Dealer pre-Safari motorcycle check
    - BMW Technician support team for minor roadside repairs
    - Planned routes with Daily Route Maps
    - Route directors and markers
    - An opportunity to participate in test ride programmes
    - BMW Safari 2003 T Shirt
    - BMW Safari 2003 Motorcycle decal
    - Personalised ID card for entry to all events and activities
    - "Welcome" Party with food, drinks and entertainment
    - "Farewell" Dinner with drinks, entertainment and prize awards

Accommodation availability in South Australia requires us to strictly limit the number of places on the BMW Safari 2003. Participants who book early will find that not only will they be reasonably assured of a place but will also have the best choice of available accommodation. So don't delay, download your registration form and send it in at the earliest opportunity! REGISTRATION FORMS AVAILABLE FROM REGISTRATION SECTION FROM 15 JULY 2002.

Please note: All fuel, accommodation, meals (other than specified), and other expenses are the responsibility of the participant
  3. koolkat

koolkat Travelling Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Participated in the last 3 events Rhino Boy & had a great time on each of them. Unfortunately this year is out of the question. :cry

Rod, while the cost is a bit on the heavy side for a weeks ride, bearing in mind you still have to pay for the accom, meals & fuel, my wife & I get a hell of a lot more out of this event than we do with the Ulysses annual events - go figure.

Maybe it's the one brand syndrome, or the smaller number of participants. Maybe it's the organisation. Whatever the reason, I will continue to attend whenever work commitments permit.

On each & every event we've attnded, the off road boys allways seemed to have a hell of a time.

Chuck
  4. Rod

Rod Wacko Ocker

Oddometer:
    Mate I totaly agree about the Uylsses AGM I have done one and that was one too many as far as Cookie and I were conecerned.
    We don't do the the Bobies twin thing or tow a trailer ...and FUCK if you every catch me with tassels and matching bike gear....FUCKEN SHOOT ME!!!.
    I don't like the though of paying that much money just of a T shirt and to ride with a bunch of brand snobbs.... Rhinoboy and your self excluded...
  5. rhino boy

rhino boy Banned

Oddometer:
    The $$$$ are worth it for the work they put in to the trip prep and the route maps.

I did lasy year and we avoided like the plague the evenings entertainment, each night we found a great pub or restaurant and entertained ourselves.

We also took Andrea Mayer to dinner in Echuca one night and had a great time (just the 4 of us), listenting to her stories about the Paris Dakar.

Next year, will be the same, do the off-road route, ride, have fun and avoid the hordes at the end of the day.

If you went last year, I gave em the video they showed on the 1st evening in Thredbo, the one with the desert footage.
  6. koolkat

Oddometer:
    That's what makes this forum so interesting ... the difference of opinions on various topics. I don't think there is any brand snobs as you say - merely a BMW arranged, & customer supported, week long ride & as long as we get the enjoyment we have in the past, will continue to support it ... but without the tassels.:rofl
  7. koolkat

Oddometer:
    Yep, saw the video ... great, & enjoyed the evening immensely.

Not sure that I liked the stop & go format from last years event, would prefer to be travelling every day ... after all that's why I attended in the first place, to travel see different places with like minded people.

Will be interesting to see if they continue with the rest day format or revert to the original.