BMW Savanna Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by AFekete, Jul 10, 2002.

1. AFekete

AFekete Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can any owners of this suit post experiences/pros/cons ? I have a chance to purchase a used(about 10 hours of use) a 2001 Savanna suit and pants with liners for $600.
    I know what they go for brand new so I'm assuming that this is a fair price.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Andrew
  2. farquharson

farquharson Tartan clad redneck

Oddometer:
    That is a pretty good price (400 less than off-the-rack, I think).

I have the Savanna and like it. The jacket is very usable as well as increases conspicuity to cage drivers. Vents in arms are useless behind Aeroflow and like shields on the RT unless you hold them out in the slipstream.

Build is high quality but cost here is likely a function of the BMW logos. Snaps and velcro pieces are well constructed and the rascal looks good IMHO. I have not been in the wet yet but hope that the Goretex liners do as well as they say.

Negatives: hot, but not as hot as leathers. Pants are serious riding pants and not very comfortable off the bike, especially if you have the hip protectors installed. I purchased a Darien pant set for use with the Savanna jacket on rides where I am going to spend time not riding. Also the Savanna pants do not zip down the leg so you have to remove your boots.

The deal sounds good - make sure that they are in the cherry condition which you envision - and you should be satisfied.
  3. City Slicker

City Slicker www.GSer.com

Oddometer:
    The elasticated waistband on the savannah trsrs gripped me like a bastard and made me look seriously overweight; I called them my 'guilty trousers' and generally don't wear them anymore. I have a mate that bought some last year 2 sizes too big just to avoid this.

I really must go on a diet:(:
  4. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife and I both have the pants. I think they are too hot in the summer, no vents and they don't breathe very well. She doesn't mind them in the heat. They are great protection, although I don't ever wear the hip protectors--they don't fit right because I wear my pants ridin' low. Very nice quality, construction, and design. Real riding pants with great features, but not the best for hangin' out in resteraunts because we get stares wearing our gray/yellow/black pants. I like the elastisized heavy-duty waistband, it functions as a quasi-kidney belt.