BMW softbag 3 or atacama?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by hotwheels22, Jan 3, 2020.

1. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    can anyone help me make this decision? i have a wolfman duffel which works great but i was looking at the softbag 3. i had a softbag 2 i bought used which seemed like a great piece of kit but it leaked so i had to toss it.

i did have a scout 3 duffel at one point and found it too fussy. and at one point i think i looked over a backcounty 40L duffel and found the same.

i guess the softbag 3 is the next piece of gear?

or anything to consider that i might be missing? i guess backpack option would/could be nice?

THANKS for any advice. bike is an old BMW GS.
  2. WindBlast

WindBlast Sonorous and Effulgent

Oddometer:
    IMG_1201.JPG
    I like the BMW big softbag as it is sturdy and detaches and attaches with little clips and absolutely waterproof inside. My only drawback to it is that it is hard to strap anything else to it which Mosko does very easily. I am not a fan of roll top bags.
  3. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Backpack maybe for around town, but would not be my choice with so many other options.

How much do you need to carry is the first factor to decide and go from there. I've used all types of hard and soft luggage as well as huge waterproof duffles. All have pros and cons and one can spend stupid money for something that doesn't work well for their needs. Not to avoid suggestions, but there are endless threads for every combination you can imagine to do searches on. Catch a rally in your area and walk around visiting with folks about what they use, saves a bunch of guess work and will give you a nice short list. Some killer deals on this forum too once you decide. My $.02 ...... p.s. less is more when packing.......
  4. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. redolga

redolga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out Enduristan Tornado 2 duffle bags. 4 different sizes to meet your needs. 100% waterproof, durable and light weight with 2 strips of webbing to attach accessories.

http://www.enduristan.com/en/products/tornado-2-pack-sack.html