BMWRA 2018 National Rally Wellsboro PA. July 19-21 2018

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Recht, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Will they have a bar set up or is beer n stuff strictly BYO
  2. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    They should have a beer tent. I will verify.
    Ron
    ricochetrider likes this.
  3. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ive been to a couple but it’s been over ten years. Always a great time but not a wild time. Usually music, food options and beer, too. Camping is the way to go.
  4. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Generally there will be a Beer Tent where you buy a ticket for a beer as they are not allowed to sell beer directly. If that was not arranged, plenty of places in Wellsboro to pick up your favorite adult beverages.

FYI for those coming in from out of state. PA has some strange liqueur laws. Wine and Spirits must be bought at a State Store. I am sure there is one in Wellsboro. Beer can be bought in 6 packs at most bars for takeout. Cases are purchased at Beer Distributors, of which I am sure there are several.

Some grocery chains have a liquer license but probably not in Wellsboro. Better to bring your own.

Rick G
  5. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Yes, laws they are a changing!
    Some grocery stores are carrying beer and wine now, but not the hard stuff. Also convenience stores, Sheetz, are adding beer to locations.
    In Wellsboro....??? I may be able to do a little research!
    bmwroadsterca likes this.
  6. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Correct. 6 pack sales art bars are limited to 2 6 packs or possibly the equivalent liquid volume thereof. YES, you can go back in to buy 2 MORE, but can legally only "walk out" the door with 2 at a time. Beer by the keg, 12-pack, or case can be purchased at a "beer distributor". Liquor & wine only at state liquor stores.

Things are slowly changing- beer distributors now sell 12 packs (1/2 cases), 6 packs, and some or most have "build a 6 pack" singles displays. Wegman's busted it down for us by simply finding a loophole and began selling beer in the Harrisburg area, which led to another large local PA grocery chain also doing so, which then led to Sheetz Market quickie marts to also sell beer in some locations.

Back in the day, bars were only allowed open on Sunday if they had a certain percentage of food sales and weren't open at all on Election Day..... all that changed some time ago - so we are slowly moving out of the dark ages! :lol3

Wellsboro and the surrounding area is rural enough that I would automatically assume no grocery or mini mart beer sales. PA's taxes on liquor equate to high prices and most surrounding states prices on hard alcohol are cheaper, so if you drink likker, BYO and it'll likely be cheaper for you.
  7. bmwroadsterca

bmwroadsterca RadioFlyer

Oddometer:
    The BMWRA website does not offer much guidance on how pre-registration works. I have pre-registered online. The order is confirmed but what happens now? Do they email or mail out a package of some sort?
  8. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gsweave.....so I guess you won't be at the gals rally at willeville?
  9. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Here is the link to the web page http://bmwra.org/news/national-rally

Not a lot of info there yet but I see this :

The Mansfield University will be providing a link to a reservation site for dorm rooms soon. Watch this page.
  10. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Just show up and they will be waiting for you ! Don't be late !
  11. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:

No my Dear.

Will be at Wellsboro.

Have you finalized your summer selection of events???

I will be at RDV, Somerset is always a last minute decision, Four Winds, Finger Lakes and at fall Nottarally. She wants more local weekend outings just her and me.
  12. pierce387

pierce387 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I' think about going to this . For anyone going be sure to check out jonnyz hot rod cafe in wellsboro, or any place in town never found a bad place yet one of my favorite places to visit, thier is tons an tons of great dirt road riding up thier with lots of beautiful views and don't worry if they're not your thing there's lots of Nice back paved roads to ride to . If you never been to the area it's a must
    kirkkw likes this.
  13. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Yep, as a resident of PA, I love riding here. I don't ride dirt, my bikes are all street bikes... OK I do occasionally get a little dirt road riding in... the paved roads are great, there is most often little or no traffic. There are endless miles of unpaved forest roads in PA as well. We are mostly a rural state, too so lots of little mom n pop places n every small village. PA has a massive farming community, state wide as well. With the whole "locavore" and "eat local drink local" movements, many of the small towns have good, local, farm fresh food, decent microbrews or even in some cases local distilleries.
  14. dj402

dj402 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Grew up in Wellsboro, Morris areas. Still have relatives there. Don’t know if I’m gonna make it this year. Thinking hard about it.
  15. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RA members get in for $40, nonmembers are $50, youths 10-16 years are $20 and children under 10 are free!
  17. BigDoc

BigDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is more information at; www.bmwra.org

I am cooking hot dogs Thursday NIGHT. I will also have a keg of beer...ALL FREE
    Chrismcp12 likes this.
  18. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Only in PA, the state next to NJ, can there be a town called Jersey Shore that is not on the shore and is in fact in the center of the state, with no shore....:imaposer:rofl:lol3
  19. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    Hey there's all kinds of "shores" in Jersey Shore- east & west shores of Pine Creek, north & south shores of the Susquehanna. It is, admittedly, pretty far from New Jersey, although there are probably Jersey COWS not too far away! :lol3
    scootac likes this.
  20. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sign me up! Where? Is the there a secret handshake?