BMW's new parallel twins - F800/650GS (merged) threadfest...

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by kejago, Oct 11, 2005.

1. sgopher185

sgopher185 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [quote='Flagger]Would it make you feel any better if I told you my deposit was on the 4th one coming into the shop and they bumped me to 2nd when that guy pushed his delivery date to January due to medical issues? It was 13 days from deposit to delivery.

No? Oh, sorry about that.

:hide[/quote]
    I got ya beat... Put a deposit on a monday and it arrived on a wednesday. I rode it home on a thursday:evil I was the only one to put money down to reserve one at my dealership at the time. Just luck really.

I really like the bike. My akra pipe just arrived today and I will install it tomorrow. Looks awesome.

EDIT:

I just noticed you are in Hilliard :) I will have to hook up with ya as I am in Plain City. I got my F800 about 6 weeks ago. Just had the 600 mile service done.
  2. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Were you running north on Cosgray a couple of days ago, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? Broke my heart to see another 'Dewalt' GS on the west side. :lol3
  3. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Springfish, have hope.
    I was still ranting like you just a couple of days ago and, lo and behold, my dealer got two. Spoken for, of course but non the less. And they were able to, for the first time, give me info on mine. I'll be ridin the first week of Nov. I notice the distribution across N A seems to be very similar now so, check again. You may be seeing them very soon.
  4. sgopher185

sgopher185 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [quote='Flagger]Were you running north on Cosgray a couple of days ago, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? Broke my heart to see another 'Dewalt' GS on the west side. :lol3[/quote]
    Yep. That would be me. I work across from Tuttle Mall, so I take the back roads from Plain City to work. Makes for a better commute :D The bike is a blast. You will love.
  5. JakeCWU

JakeCWU The Notorious H.O.G.

Oddometer:
    So the wife and the weather finally peeled me off the new wheels long enough to post some pics. Here she is.

G-

The first day home:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mmmmm, long rides:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's about as adventurous as I get on the ol' battlewings:
    [​IMG]
  6. zaner32

zaner32 In over my head

Oddometer:
    The red really looks nice. Good pics!!:freaky
  7. skyfish

skyfish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whoops, sorry fish. I promise it won't be our last trip through Hood River. I'll PM you before we pass through your town again. :D

Cheers,

Dave M.
  8. RobTheRigger

RobTheRigger Killing threads here since 2008

Oddometer:
    Is that FT Casey out on Whidbey? I was stationed at NAS my first six years inthe Navy.

-Rob
  9. JakeCWU

Oddometer:
    No but close. It's the Kenzie battery at Fort Warden in Port Townsend. Points for local geography though.

G-
  10. robhar54

robhar54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, here's a couple, er, three:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rode 500 miles on it this weekend, up and over the Olympics from Shelton to Copalis Beach, and then north on 101 around the Peninsula back to Seattle. About a third fire roads, a third back roads, and a third highway. My backside was ready for a break after three or four hours the first day, and much less the second...but I think it's more about me being out of riding shape. Longest ride I've done this year (long story). I like the seat. It's much more straight across than the stock seat--no sliding forward. And it's about an inch and a half higher. MUCH better for us longer-legged folks. (I'm 6' 2", about a 34" inseam.

Rob in Seattle

PS JakeCWU - Did I see you today, maybe on 104 or near the Hood Canal Bridge? I was headed east towards Kingston... RH
  11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike ***42***

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics Rob! Looks great!

Being that I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam, I'm already on my tip-toes with the standard seat so I don't think this seat will be an option for me.

Thanks again for the pics!
  12. JakeCWU

Oddometer:
    I was cruising around Kingston yesterday, but not on the bridge. Day before I was, I did a cruise all around the peninsula. Are you local? Check out my posting, mid-week escape ride in the PNW thread.

G-
  13. skyfish

skyfish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Obviously, most of the new or soon-to-be-new F650GS and F800GS view here, so this is an opportunity to swap stories or answer questions about your upcoming bike with fellow owners. I'm presenting a Meet-And-Greet for fellow F800GS and F650GS owners in Hillsboro, OR on Oct. 25th at the McMenamis Cornelius Pass Road House at 1:00pm. Come rain or shine, I will be there. For more info, PM me or call me Dave at (503) 341-5419.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395447
  14. TreeFarmer

TreeFarmer Tree Farmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Skyfish,

I will put it on the calendar, but not too sure if I can make it. Sounds like a great time though. Would be great to see 4-5 800's running around togther and through some great country.

TreeFarmer
  15. huckleberry

huckleberry BACK ROAD BOMBER

Oddometer:

what kind of seat is that and how do you like it?
  16. CrazyMike

CrazyMike ***42***

Oddometer:
    Rob already has a post that covers this:
  17. Dert Gerl

Dert Gerl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great idea! I'm supposed to get mine on the 24th ... might be cutting it a bit close.

I can't wait! Whoooo Hooooo!
  18. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
  19. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius It's a mad house

Oddometer:
    I am going to do everything I can to make it as well. :clap

20. TheCowboy

TheCowboy back in the saddle again

Oddometer:
    I start up the engine, plug my gerbings vest and gloves into the socket on the faux tank and turn the heat control knobs on. They blink amber and red for a couple seconds then go out completely. No heat.

WTF???

The shop tells me the BMW will not handle the amps of both the gloves and vest... you gotta be shittin!! this is an expensive BMW, these are expensive Gerbings gear.... now what?

Cowboy2:ricky