Boise area weekend rides

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by scottrnelson, Jun 26, 2019.

1. scottrnelson

scottrnelson Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    Okay, the other Boise area weekend rides thread has gone in a different direction than being a place to try to meet up with others in the Treasure Valley to do a one day ride. So I'm starting this thread where you can post what sort of ride you want to do and others can connect up to go along. These are for rides taking place on Saturday or Sunday. There is another weekday ride thread.

Please include:
    • Where you're going.
    • Type of bike it is intended for (pure dirt, dual sport, adventure, any street legal).
    • How long the ride is likely to be.
    • Please mention something about lunch plans. Some riders like to skip lunch or hold off until 3:00 pm. I can't wait that long and would want to bring a "snack" along. :1drink
    • Meeting time and place.
    If you guys are interested in doing something like this, let's hear from you.
  2. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    I'm considering doing a local dirt ride on Saturday (June 29) if I can get another rider to come along. It would include the four roads that go from the Boise side of the mountain to the Idaho City side of the mountain. Rather than take Rocky Creek all the way for the southern end of the route, we would head up Boise Ridge (275) to Tollgate, head down to Robie Creek, over to Eagleson (NF-263), then back to Boise Ridge again. We would then go past Bogus Basin and down Pine Creek (366) to Grimes Creek and into Idaho City for lunch. Finally, Harris Creek over to Horseshoe Bend, then Pearl Rd back to Eagle and the valley here. If whoever wants to come doesn't like Harris Creek we could always take Boise Ridge back to Bogus Basin and come down Bogus Basin Rd.

This would be over 100 miles but should be under 150 total. Should take about six hours overall. Should be appropriate for all bikes that can handle dirt roads. And it should be more dirt miles than street miles if you're not coming from too far away to start this ride.

I'm thinking of starting at 9:00 a.m. (negotiable) and can meet anywhere between south Meridian and Broadway/Ave B where we would start heading into the hills.

Let me know if any of you are interested and I'll finalize meeting time and place.
    drmiller100 and FoolHardy like this.
  3. rodsram

rodsram Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Giving weekend, anyone riding?
  4. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    Too far out to know right now. Most of the high places will be covered with snow by then.
  5. jc99

jc99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    Do we have to keep looking at meetup.com to find out about these, or will you post pointers here when there is something new?

I automatically get notified for anything here and don't necessarily like signing up on yet another website. We would appreciate it.
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  7. jc99

jc99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You got it.. I'll post in both places... Planning riding this weekend... How about Sunday morning?
  8. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    This coming weekend is out for me, unfortunately. I keep agreeing to go places with my wife.

I'm free Saturday, August 3rd, if I can get something scheduled before my wife does, though. :-)
  9. jc99

jc99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saturday July 27 @ 9am at Harrison Hollow TH. Please let me know if you plan on coming. Dual Sport Riders(I ride an Africa Twin.) We will grab lunch somewhere after the ride. Destination to be decided when we meet. 3 to 4 hour ride. This is a meetup ride but no fees associated with it. Boise Adventure/ Dual Sport Motorcycling Meetup group
  10. jc99

jc99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Boise Dual Sport meetup ride Sunday, August 4th @ 9am. Meet at Harrison Hollow Trail head. Please reply if you plan on coming...Thanks
  11. dskor

dskor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I'll be riding an XR650L.
    jc99 likes this.
  12. jc99

jc99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Boise Dual Sport meetup ride Sunday, August 11th @ 10am. Meet at Harrison Hollow Trail head. Please reply if you plan on coming...Thanks
  13. jjr66

jjr66 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There’s a ride this Saturday to a few lookouts. Check motoidaho.com info at top right.
  14. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    I can't figure out how to see the list of lookouts that you're visiting. Need more hints.

I can't attend anyway - I'll be riding another XR650L back from Utah this weekend. Will be trying to stay off of the 80 mph freeway as much as possible...
  15. jjr66

jjr66 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is a club ride but new people are welcome to join in on the ride. They are planning on riding to Thorn Creek LO, Sunset Mtn LO, Pilot peak, and Little Beaver Creek. If any one wants to join meet at 8:15am at Adams Elementary school on Warm Springs Ave. We will leave at 8:30am. This Saturday the 10th. It’s about a 150 mile day.
  16. petew

petew I Motorcycles!

Oddometer:
    B905E959-C388-433E-ADA9-6EDC2EA882A0.jpeg 5F291E38-688C-4FF9-87E4-1DA9EA77AD75.jpeg Any rides coming up? I’m looking to go get my new dirt bike dirty and meet some like minded people while riding, I live in west Boise.
    OffRoadRider15f likes this.
  17. petew

petew I Motorcycles!

Oddometer:
    Any other people going riding this weekend, I would love to join up if possible.
    Thanx,
    Pete
  18. jc99

jc99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    today at 1pm...meet at harrison hollow trailhead parking area
  19. petew

petew I Motorcycles!

Oddometer:
    Any rides that an old, slow guy can come along?
  20. scottrnelson

Oddometer:
    Tomorrow, Saturday, Nov 16 at 10:00 am. Meet in the parking lot of Camel's Back Park - 1200 Heron St. (Corner of 13th and Heron.)

Show up on time and we can head up Sunset Peak Rd. We can ride Trail 4 or if you're not up for that, just head up to Boise Ridge Rd.