Boots for short inseams

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ScooterJeff, Dec 17, 2018.

1. ScooterJeff

ScooterJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for Adventure and/or Motocross boots that have the most heel and sole height. This is never mentioned in the manufacturer's specs, nor in any other resource that I can find. The supply of boots in my location is street oriented, not for off highway duty. I would also like to know if there is a store with a good selection of adventure style gear to try and buy in Arizona or Southern California.
  2. rboett

rboett posser noob 205

Oddometer:
    not bike boots, but try logger style boots, carolina boots or chippewa , heels are pretty good, not really much help in getting a toe down, I would just learn to slide your hips over and point your toes when stopping, flat footing a bike is highly over rated, learn balance, if you are way over,, let it go!
    VxZeroKnots and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  3. Tom D

Tom D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i know daytona makes an elevated boot for women. check their catalog, see what else they may have.
  4. ScooterJeff

ScooterJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I have good non bike boots, but I want something designed specifically for off road motorcycle protection. I should have added that I am NOT looking for tall bike riding advice, there is plenty of that elsewhere. I'm not trying to flat foot, so I guess that sole height is more important than heel height.
  5. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Try posting in the "Shortypants" thread. While it is aimed towards shorter female riders, there are a lot of folks there with knowledge regarding gear for us shorter guys too. Here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-...-short-women-and-this-is-what-we-ride.669666/
  6. squish

squish Out of the office.

Oddometer:
    My Ex 4'11" wore some custom made boots
    That had extra thickness under the whole sole. any shoe repair place worthy of their salt can do this on goodyear welted or stitched down sole boots.

I have a 29" inseam and I ride adventure bikes (DL650, R100GS, XR650L, Africa Twin(sometimes)
    My Sidi Crossfire TA also already have a fairly thick sole, but be warned making an off-road boot thicker is going to make it even that much harder to shift and brake.

Aerostichs Combat touring boots can also have a thicker sole put on them.

You can also add insoles that increase the effective height of the boot, as long as you have enough instep room in the boot
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  7. ScooterJeff

ScooterJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a 29" inseam and I ride adventure bikes (DL650, R100GS, XR650L, Africa Twin(sometimes)
    My Sidi Crossfire TA also already have a fairly thick sole, but be warned making an off-road boot thicker is going to make it even that much harder to shift and brake.

That's the kind of advise that I am looking for. I also have a 29" inseam, and don't want to modify boots.
  8. rboett

rboett posser noob 205

Oddometer:
    ok, curious then, I guess I just assumed you were trying to solve an issue with stabilizing the bike when at a stop or needing to do a quick dab or something. If not that, then is it for fashion or something?
  9. squish

squish Out of the office.

Oddometer:
    Give the choice between modding boots or modding the bike I'll always look to the boots first then the bike's seat and then finally the suspension
    rboett likes this.
  10. ClimbingFool

ClimbingFool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you're in southern California, try Chapparel Motorsports in San Bernardino. They have a really good boot selection.
  11. ScooterJeff

ScooterJeff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gravity IS a harsh mistress.
    In this thread, I am isolating only one factor of managing taller bikes, which is why I am posting this in gear/equipment, and not riding. If I can gain 1/2 inch height by choosing one boot over another, then that is what I am looking for. Obviously, visiting a store would be easier, but the stores that I have visited have few Motocross choices and zero ADV choices to try on.
    rboett likes this.
  12. rboett

rboett posser noob 205

Oddometer:
    good article in ysrracer dot com I'd put the link in, the admins don't like links to external sites .

The article mentions
    Sidi Adventure Gore ,,
    White’s Boots Men’s Smoke Jumper Lace-To-Toe Boot (400VLTT),, and
    Daytona M-Star GTX Motorcycle Boot Review,,,

my inseam is about 30",, and I have the SIDI ADV Goretex and ride an 08 gsa

also https://advrider.com/f/threads/thick-soled-riding-boot.655652/
  13. hamiamham

hamiamham Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Both pairs of my BMW boots have a chunky heel and a bit of lift in the front.
  14. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    Daytona M-Star......I own them.

29 inseam.

These not only work to get your feet down, but they are also fantastic boots period.