Border Patrol - AZBDR Work Around

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Catastrophic Failure, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Catastrophic Failure

Catastrophic Failure Catastrophic Failure

Oddometer:
    While we were cooling down at the Tombstone Brewery our group had something odd unfold in front of us. An older gentleman with his son and grandson came out of the front door and headed to their car. The old guy took a mis-step off of the elevated deck and lost his balance, falling backwards - hard onto the gravel parking lot. We rushed over to hear him swearing and moaning in pain, grabbing at his hip.

We kept him down and shoved a jacket under his head, asking him to stay down and lay still. After about 10 minutes he thought he could get up and make it to the car, all the while declining medical assistance. So we gently sat him up, bear hugged him and lifted him back to his unstable feet.

As the three strangers drove away, our group all discussed our elderly parents both alive and deceased, along with their specific battles with age, health, balance and life. Of course we then promised each other to continue riding and exploring together until we couldn't any more. As we mulled over the short trip we all are blessed with on this earth, the bartender came out and told us there was a Thank You note, and a few dollars waiting for us at the bar.

Unexpected thanks from a stranger, and a moment to contemplate this short life - while riding the hell out of our bikes.

IMG_9628.jpg
  2. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^
    Reading this made my day. Your collective act of kindness in helping a stranger and the subsequent act of random thanks from a stranger...simply beautiful.

Thank you for sharing that part of the story.
    Brokein2, Dessert Storm, TNC and 4 others like this.
  3. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  4. danh600

danh600 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lots of us really enjoy these reports. I try to hit the like button pretty often. I don't post in these type threads cause I really don't have much to add other than thanks for putting it up. As a street rider from the SE these desert type riding reports are really cool to me.

Thanks for taking the time.
    i4bikes and dano619 like this.
  5. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    ^^^Very true.^^^

The perception is that there are more and more worthless people "out there" today, and I'm sure some of that is just perception and some of it is based in reality. Still, there remains a large swath of folks who will do whatever to help someone who is in real need of help along the way. I hate deadbeats and ne'er-do-wells with a passion, but it shouldn't prevent the random acts of kindness that we show each other when the situation calls for it. Kudos to you guys. Oh...and great ride report and story.:D
    liv2day, bomose and jredford like this.
  6. Dessert Storm

Dessert Storm Dances With Drunks

Oddometer:
    Loving this report. Thanks for posting :clap
  7. Krider1

Krider1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    you guys have a great thing going together and you are gentlemen to boot great report.