Borneo Equator Expedition - Jungle , Swamps and Heatstroke

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by KTMInduro, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Z50R

Z50R Not lost yet

Oddometer:
    Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to write this report. I don't like taking pictures while I ride, I can't imagine trying to remember take pictures over a trip this trying. Thanks for bringing us along on a trip that many of us will not even have the opportunity to turn down in our lifetimes.
  2. RockyRoads

RockyRoads RockyRoads

Oddometer:
    I add my "WOW" to all of those before me! Just spent a huge chunk of my weekend reading this report from beginning to end. Simply amazing. :clap Your route makes most of the "difficult" trails that I have ridden look like a walk in the park.:rofl

(And I owe a big thank you to daewoo, who posted the link to this thread on another advrider story--to which we are all waiting in suspense for the conclusion!)
  3. leJ

leJ n00b

Oddometer:
    Great report, gives a fantastic idea of how it is even not being there. Must say the 4x4 caught a bit more of my attention, unbelievable what they went through!

Guess you lot will now certainly be one of the last ones who found the time and expenses to do this fantastic trip, seeing the deforestation and all that's changing in a bad way (some good maybe) Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this!
  4. IR0N Horse

IR0N Horse n00b

Oddometer:
    :freaky OH MY GOSH! I am completely amazed by those pictures [​IMG]
  5. charlie101

charlie101 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is absolute, off the chart THE toughest and one of the best written ride reports Ive ever seen. Im totally blown away! Ive read a number of books, but the constant challenges, strain and pounding subjected to this fenomenal guy and expedition members during the trip is in the class of early polar explorers or solo sailors in a storm. I cant even understand how he could take the time or have the strength to take such stunning pictures.
  6. Motor 1

Motor 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Truly AMAZING! :clap:clap:clap Thanks so much for taking us along! :D
  7. ini88

ini88 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where is the DVD!? :ear:D
  8. daffy

daffy n00b

Oddometer:
    Just Flipping AWSOME ... I only hope that someday I will get the chance to do something like this (yeah who am I kidding)

Thanks for the amazing ride report, it's truly inspiring.
  9. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:

Bump

Man, that is depressing.
  10. chrisf14

chrisf14 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was an amazing adventure. Thats a trip you will never forget.
  11. mudiver

mudiver n00b

Oddometer:
    +1 only five pages in...
    "Wow!!!!!!!!!!! somebody is going to have to winch me away from this report!!!!" :eek1:eek1:eek1
  12. knobbydogg

knobbydogg n00b

Oddometer:
    NICE ONE!!!!

FWIW- i believe the main reason for brakes being on opposite hands in other countries might have something to do with which side of the road you travel on... i.e. in america a bicyclist signals w/ their left hand and can still brake w/o goin over the handlebars.

THANKS AGAIN KTMInduro!!!!
  13. Nicolas

Nicolas n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi.....,

I am from Brazil and I have been traveling with motorcicle for some time, otherwise, I am engaged on a worldwide round road.

Following this projet, I am nowadays thinking on buying or even renting a motorcycle there at JACARTA- BALI in matter to start a INDONESIA trip next august focusing in small and affordable cities located beside the seashore and inland for sure.

However, I have some doubts concerning which king of BIKE would be more suitable to me. I am 1,91 tall and weighing 96 kilos.

I HAVE THE KTM 990 ADVENTURE R!

Would you give some information whether I can find there the SUZUKI DR 400 or DRZ 650 DRZ , HOND XR400 and XR650 ?

Which places would you suggest me to be visiting in all Indonesia and roads to get?

Could you please give me some guidance when I will get there?

TANKS A LOT NICOLAS niklasklos@gmail.com

MY PHOTOS SOUTH AMERICA 100 000 KM http://nicolas-princesa.blogspot.com/

MY PHOTOS EUROPE 30 000 KM https://motoxplorers.smugmug.com/Xplore-Tours/Viagem-Nicolas/13784034_gGBqG#1009155108_PG2iD
  14. therma

therma n00b

Oddometer:
    what a magnificent adventure;
    thanks to bring me in :lurk
  15. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:
    Tanks a lot, Nicolas, for sharing your trip with us. Post a report some time.

Tanks to the blokes on this adventure too. Wowee!
  16. anak.kancil

anak.kancil Rainforest Mousedeer

Oddometer:
    superb sangat mister!!
    ever think about hitting the volcanoes in Java??:evil
  17. mujiburrahman

mujiburrahman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would not dare to think and even imaging about stripping across Borneo through the equator. this is just total crazy but well calculated.

I have been planning to cross west borneo to east borneo from pontianak - ketapang - pangkalabun - sampit - palangkaraya - banjarmasin - balikpapan

The route will be a breezes compared to the crazy expedition through the equator

just want to say that this is a very entertaining read and inspiring as well - keep on adventure and writing
  18. g3a3a1

g3a3a1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im glad i saw this RR, it was hands down the most interesting and intense report I have ever read. Hats off to you, I cant imagine going through that. I bet the heat and humidity was one of the hardest parts! What a trip.
  19. ThePoMoBro

ThePoMoBro n00b

Oddometer:
    This is right up my alley. After combing through hundreds of reports by ADV guys whose idea of "offroad" is a graded gravel road on a 1200cc BMW, this is awesome!

Here in Thailand, I love this kind of hard enduro - Can't say I've ever done it for days on end like this though! Sick!

Anyone ever find any other reports like this on ADVrider?
  20. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    check out Metal Jockey's reports