BOSNIA RALLY 2019

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BosniaRally, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BosniaRally

BosniaRally n00b

Oddometer:
    NO RACE! Welcome to the world of road book navigation. Bosnia Rally 2019 - is the greatest road book training camp worldwide. Discover the heart of europe on a roll of paper and be part of this big adventure. A Cross Country Rally within 4 Stages over 1200km through incredible landscape in the best balkan aera of bosnia and herzegovina. We provide rental gear and rental bikes for our clients outta europe. Specially for our ADV´s and beginner´s we prepared LitTracks, which avoid hard sections on the stage. Our briefings and theory lesson bring you from zero to hero in a couple of days.

www.bosnia-rally.com Visite our website and join us for a experience of a life time!

WATCH OUT Video 2018

BR2018-45.jpg

Attached Files:

2. barneythedino

barneythedino n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello, I am really interested in this event and considering it for 2020. But can you tell me if the roadbook is available as a pdf for use on the various roadbook apps out there. It seems a roadbook holder would be a considerable investment for someone new to the sport but electronic roadbooks may be a workaround for the noobs like me.

Thanks.
    mountaincadre likes this.
  3. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    From the FAQ:
    And the info section states that roadbook equipment is available for rent.
  4. barneythedino

barneythedino n00b

Oddometer:
    Excellent thanks. I did see that equipment was available for rent, but as I already plan on adding a tablet for regular navigation anyway it's a lot easier to use that.
  5. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    Like this? What setup do you have in mind?
    [​IMG]
    dooby likes this.
  6. barneythedino

barneythedino n00b

Oddometer:
    Something like that, yes. It's still early days yet, just seeing whats out there. The more I look though the more I see purpose built tablets like the Carpe Iter. What tablet is that?
  7. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    Samsung Active Tab 2.
    Worked well, easy to read even in bright sunlight, but 3 downsides:
    1. The Pogo pins designed for charging it in the RAM mount suffered from vibration*) and developed contact issues after 3 days. I had to use the USB-C cable to charge it after that.
    2. The tablet is waterproof and works with some gloves. Unreliable, if there is water on the screen. Furthermore, raindrops would sometimes be interpreted as a finger push.
    3. The gyro got confused by vibration*) and flipped the display upside down. This only happened a few times.
    *) 650 thumper at highway speed on asphalt. The shaking on gravel roads etc. however was no problem.
    barneythedino likes this.