Bought a Connie

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by BobRob, Jun 18, 2021.

1. BobRob

BobRob Pick one Supporter

Oddometer:
    2012 type with only 15K. Farkled exactly how I would have done it for....$6500.

Picking it up tommorow and riding it 350 miles home on Sunday.

Pics to follow.
    StevieMac, olie, de Vaca and 4 others like this.
  2. wirehairs

wirehairs If it flies it dies

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club. She's a big cat that can really hussle, but just remember when you're dancing with her, she's a big girl and she can step on your toes if you are not careful.

3. BobRob

Oddometer:
    I had an FJR several years back and sold my Trophy last summer, so I'm not new to big sport tourers. Always loved the Connie's looks.
  4. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Pics or it didn't happen! Congrats
    HuntWhenever and mikes'gs like this.
  5. hyena

hyena Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fastest I ever went on two wheels was on a Connie I rest rode. A guy out in a rural area had his for sale, and allowed me to take a test ride. I was shooting for 150, but was only able to manage 140 due to traffic on the state highway I was on. Traffic was sparse, or I would not have done it. But when you see an oncoming car in the distance and you're riding "go to jail" speeds, it's best to slow down in case it's a cop. The only reason I didn't buy it, I was looking for something more comfortable for two up riding, and after riding it I didn't think my (then) girlfriend would like it. Hell of a bike, though. I have admired them since the C14's came out in 2008? My biggest complaint about them is they don't have cruise control. Now that I've had it on my Road King, I wouldn't want to be without it on a road bike. Congrats on your purchase!
  6. BobRob

Oddometer:
    Teaser.. 20210619_140748.jpg
  7. Just Cliff

Just Cliff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent choice! Going by the picture you're already familiar with the Concours reliability.
  8. TKNJ99

TKNJ99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice! I test rode a used Connie before ultimately buying (former bike) ZX14R.. had i not been swayed towards the 14R which later proved to be uncomfortable for me (hands falling asleep despite risers) i would probably have bought and still own a Connie. That power was addictive though.. a true point and shoot bike
  9. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I miss mine at times.
    If I ever move to a paved road (or if the county ever paves mine), I will get another one.

BTW they are not good in the sand, mud or wet clay. :D
    racer1735 likes this.