1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought a Trials Bicycle!

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Greebe, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last week I decided to order a Jitsie Varial Hybrid 24" trials bicycle from the UK. I have been wanting one for a while and decided to take the plunge. This bike was not cheap, $1400, but man it is a lot of fun and is really great exercise which is one of the main reasons I bought it.

Anyone else also ride bicycle trials?

0730091516.jpg
    MATTY, North ride, Nobade and 4 others like this.
  2. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Too much work. But it's really cool.
    Greebe and Norman Foley like this.
  3. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes it is a lot of work. I am really surprised at how much work physically it is. For me though that is good because it is a fun way to get in better shape for moto trials.
    MATTY and Huzband like this.
  4. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    I have a 26” Echo trials bicycle and enjoy riding it as exercise and balance training for my moto. I haven’t been doing much with it this summer but decided to upgrade this next year to a newer bike, hopefully will have it around the March timeframe.
    MATTY, Greebe, Huzband and 2 others like this.
  5. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    I have a 26" Adamant A1, took a long time to find one on CL. I bought it in very late 2018, hoping to practice in my backyard. Well, it never stopped snowing long enough for my backyard to melt and every time I managed to clear my patio, it snowed again. I haven't done anything other than awkwardly try to balance in my basement with it. By the time my backyard wasn't a snowy/muddy mess, it was already riding season 1 hour south of Denver. Now, it's too darn hot to fart around on it outside. There's no winning.

I'm tempted to take it to a meet and hang a 'for sale' sign off of it.
  6. Kiharaikido

Kiharaikido Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully before then...

jonnyc21 likes this.
  7. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'm waiting for the e trials bicycle...
    Greebe, PMK, Huzband and 2 others like this.
  8. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh I have had a Monty or two, most have been 4 at one time laying around. Lot's of work for sure. Late '86 I got pretty good (for me on the rear tire) One am before work, riding the curb on the rear, I really screwed up my neck. Took almost two years to heal. Hardly touch them anymore. Really like the MTB, but never enough time in the week. Last week 63 hours at work and 24 hours drive time. I jumped for joy when they sent me home with no work for 36 hours yesterday at noon.
    Greebe, Kiharaikido, Huzband and 2 others like this.
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually have an original Monty T219 hydraulic and a newer 219 cable and Garrett has this.

Attached Files:

Greebe and jonnyc21 like this.
  11. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trials bikes have too light of rear end weight ratio for my style of riding.

Attached Files:

sceep, Greebe, jonnyc21 and 4 others like this.
  12. Kiharaikido

Kiharaikido Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We often travel to places I couldn't ride a trials moto even if it were electric so I am shooting to buy a trials bicycle, jonnyc's Echo actually, as soon as I can sell one of my many other toys.
    Greebe likes this.
  13. PMK

PMK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Inspired Fourplay.

9E46DD1A-1335-4BC9-B835-CEAA0421AAA7.jpeg
  14. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    I have one and play around on mine quite a bit.
    I suck at it and have accepted that I will always suck at it! :sigh

I also play around on my MTB trying "trialsy" moves and have no idea if it helps my moto trials riding or not, but it sure is fun. :dunno
  15. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I didn't realize there were so many of you guys riding trials bicycles. Thats cool. I debated between a pure trials bike and a street trials bike like the Fourplay Pro. I ended up getting the Jitsie as it is slated as a hybrid between the two but it leans more towards pure trials.

The street trials bike like @PMK has, is something I was very interested in because the riding I see the Brits do looks like a blast. However I have no street as I live far out in the country on 40 acres with only grass, dirt, logs, rocks, and other more natural terrain to ride on.

The owner of the bike shop said that the Jitie should fit my needs well, because it should handle the off road terrain better then a street trails bike, but also allow some of the more fun looking street trials moves. So far I am liking it. If I want I can pull the seat off and put in a special flush mounted plug and it looks more pure trials. LOL!
    Kiharaikido likes this.
  16. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is part of the reason I bought this. We travel out of state a lot, and it is not practical for me to bring the Scorpa along, but I can pull the wheels off this trials bike, put it in a bike bag, and take it along to ride where ever I want. Plus it is easier for me to ride with my three kids under age 8 with a trials bicycle then the motorcycle.
    Kiharaikido likes this.
  17. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Video of my bike.

djones745 and jonnyc21 like this.
  18. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have only had the bike for a few days, but I have managed to come to a stop and balance, pull the front into a wheelie, and then hop on the rear wheel for 7 times. For me that is pretty cool, because I have never hopped on the rear wheel of anything on purpose before. :D
    Kiharaikido, jonnyc21 and Huzband like this.
  19. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Meh. Trials bikes are boring. :wink:
  20. Greebe

Greebe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I watched that video the other day. Pretty stinking sweet.

I really like this video of Danny. It has a cool back story about the city he is riding in which was under water for years.

Sno Dawg, jonnyc21 and Huzband like this.