1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Bozeman Uprising

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Putts, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mrmushman

mrmushman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mondo-Hondo,

I'm always up for shorter day rides around here. I have too many family and work commitments to leave town. steve
    bozmotodual16 likes this.
  2. bozmotodual16

bozmotodual16 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    That would be me too
  3. TheBigH

TheBigH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    jonz likes this.
  4. Mondo-Hondo

Mondo-Hondo Delusional, but very excited

Oddometer:
    Yep. Great group, rode it two years ago I think it was. That year a bunch of it went through Wyoming too, which is an area I'd love to explore more. My work (self employed) pretty much means if I'm in town I'm working all the time but I have some freedom to take longer breaks here and there so I like to use that for putting together long dirt routes. But for obvious reasons they usually end up being solo as most can't do that. But Friday night - Sunday night adventures work too.
  5. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I rented the Cabin Creek cabin last summer but no one came. :( Maybe we can do it again this summer. Great single track in the area.
    [​IMG]
    pratered likes this.
  6. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    That sounds fun to me. Keep me posted.

Also, I'm heading down to Death Valley at the end of March for the noobs rally (we always donate product). If anyone else is heading down I'd be up for a caravan.
  7. Olde Phart

Olde Phart Olde Phart

Oddometer:
    Wanted to join in last year but life upsets conspired against me ... I've now settled down in the fine town of Lincoln and would definitely want to come down and get in on this!! I ride a CRF450L as my DP bike, the Africa Twin is a tad too heavy for that.

Good Big Sky single-track to ya!
    jonz likes this.
  8. mrmushman

mrmushman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Monda-Honda,

Nice web page and products there. Good to see someone in the area getting it done.
  9. Mondo-Hondo

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I also have go-fast campers out in belgrade. It's been a very busy couple of years :) Need some more moto time.
  10. Jive

Jive Hoosiermama

Oddometer:
    Hey Mondo-Hondo,

I'd be interested in getting over there and doing a ride. I'm in Butte. I'm headed to Moab next month with a couple buddies for a bike trip. Baja is on my radar but wanted more sand experience so UT first.

I'll be over skiing Bridger Feb 17 if anyone wants to grab a beer and talk bikes
  11. Olde Phart

Olde Phart Olde Phart

Oddometer:
    Had to come back here to BU, prompted/reminded by another post by @mrmushman over in the Missoula Maladjusted thread ... in addition to getting down there for some good riding this coming season, Bozone area inmates are cordially invited to come up to Lincoln for the Lookout! Look Out!! ride I'm going to put together as soon as the high elevations are sufficiently accessible to make the towers. It'll feature Mt Morrell out of Seeley Lake and Granite Butte and Stonewall Mountain fire lookout towers out of Lincoln. The first two are big bike friendly with Stonewall more suitable for machines of <400 lb (ATV two-track route). With the right group and taking the "easier" route, I'd give it a go on the Africa Twin just to be able to say I did it. :ricky

Spacious/Luxurious accommodations are available at my place, great food/beer in town, come up Friday night, big bike ride Saturday, small bike ride 1/2 Sunday with enough time to get back home for the day job come Monday.

Stay tuned ...

Good ride plannin' to ya!
    Mondo-Hondo, mrmushman and pratered like this.
  12. cwegga

cwegga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm interested. I'm not sure if anyone uses it other than me anymore, but you should put the invite in the Helena handbasket thread too.
  13. Olde Phart

Olde Phart Olde Phart

Oddometer:
    Dang, by Montana standards we're neighbors (less than 100 mi. apart :lol3) ... yeah, I took a look at the thread but it seemed so defunct that I questioned if it had any readership. I'll give it a go.

Good advertising to ya!
  14. Brimmstone

Brimmstone Gear Head

Oddometer:
    How cool! I just found this thread, I wish I had known about last year. Keep me informed on any rides, I'm game! Cabin Creek Cabin looks like a great time.
    jonz and mrmushman like this.
  15. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    Anybody in the market for a 2005 KLR look me up...

Or an 09 Harley Crossbones...
  16. mrmushman

mrmushman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Had a nice ride on friday. Weather was great. Spent all day saturday screwing around with my valves (600 mile check). I was trying to adjust valves on the exhaust stroke due to a lack of info in the service manual. Finally figured it out with a little help and straightened things out this afternoon. Bike is running great again.

Anyone else get out for a ride during the epic warmth?
  17. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT