Bradshaw Bomb Run, Round Two, Feb 2-3 '08

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by gearheart, Nov 12, 2007.

1. gearheart

gearheart Bombrun Lackey

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody, I wanted to give you a chance to mark your calenders for the Bomb Run, Round Two on the first weekend in Feb.

If there is enough interest, I might be able to swindle Pop's into firing up the deep pit BBQ again.

Last year we had a pretty good time. including bent rims, out of gas riders, sleeping bikes, desert rats, concrete bombs, flat tires, stick meat, desert springs, pogo sticks, big bikes, muddy water crossings, dirt bikes, salt flats, trials bikes, hay bales, pedal bikes, and maybe some sand. Can somebody post a link to last years ride?

So, what do you think, anybody want to come to the desert to help look for Inte's GPS? Sorry buddy, that was a cheap shot, I apologize. How 'bout some ridin and some eaten?
  2. imgonnasnap

imgonnasnap Motard wrecker

Oddometer:
    For those who have not read the entire thread, I have gathered most of the information into one post:

Gearheart and his dad should be there thursday or early friday, I will probably be there late friday will be at their property friday at some point. This is where the base camp and BBQ will be.

FAQ's:

Q:What about parking at gearhearts place?
    A: There is a lot of space to park your vehicles, but depending on how many trucks and trailer setups there are, we may have overflow parking available if the desert rat neighbors (lucky butt ranch) are there this weekend. If not, it is fairly safe to park along side the road adjacent to grearhearts place. this road is hardly used with low traffic, and fairly safe, especially since there will be so many of us there.

when you pull up to the property, please see BOB, Richard (pops) or Mike (gearheart) about parking. It is first come first serve, so if you get there late, you may be parking on the street.

Q: green sticker okay?
    A: plate recommended, PM Zen if you want to ride a green sticker bike

Q: nOObs invited?
    A: sure, we can split into groups by bike and comfort level

Q: can I show up early/leave late from gearheart's camp spot?
    A: ok to arrive Friday, leave Monday but please PM Gearheart or imgonnasnap your plans (there will be no water on Monday morning).

Q: where do we relieve ourselves?
    A: gearheart's camp spot has a toilet and running water.

Q: is drunken buffoonery permitted?
    A: no, drunken bufoons will be blindfolded and dropped off in the bombing range
    (please see the other camp rules below LINK)

Q: should I bring the big DS or the plated dirt bike?
    A: if you want to ride fast and explore the side options bring the dirt bike, otherwise the big DS will be fine. either way you'll want a gas tank with at least a 100 mile range.

Q: Where do i fill up??
    A: A small gas station near where we will eat lunch mid-ride. its aproximately 160 miles round trip, so unless you are sure you can make it, or have spare fuel, I would highly advise you fill up here.

Wheelies gas station

Q: We're eating lunch too??
    A: We will be eating at a fine dining establishment near wheelies gas station, called Lagoon Lodge, so bring your best riding attire :evil

Q: Whats the deal with the BBQ??
    A: For $15 bucks american, you can join us for Mesquite BBQed Tri-Tip, Home-made Baked Beans, some sides (prolly p-salad, rolls, chips, cookies or maybe other stuff, it depends...) You provide your beverage. If you want to bring something to contribute, that's fine too. If you don't like the menu or don't like the $15, you are still welcome to join us around the fire with the cusine of your own bringing.

This cost is strickly to cover the cost of the food, this is a non-profit event, we are doing it for the enjoyment of riding fun bikes on great trails, with good, old and new friends! so please don't forget to pay :deal

You can bring anything you want to contribute for the bbq, drinks, chips, or other sides are welcome... its byos (bring your own sides) so it's deffinitly welcome!

Q: Do I need silverware?
    A:Trey650 has greciously offered to supply the plates and silverware.

Q:How the heck do I get there???
    A:GPS (garmin) Coords are:
    W 33* 27.011'
    W115* 42. 875

It's paved up until about two miles or so from camp, after that it is a graded dirt road, which large motorhomes access often. There will be signs marking the way so nobody gets lost. If you have any questions about how to get there you can call me at (five six two) three three five-nineteen nineteen

Coming from LA, take the 10 east towards pheonix.
    Keep RIGHT to take CA-86 SPUR S toward BRAWLEY / EL CENTRO.
    Take the 66TH AVE EAST exit on the LEFT. (there is a huge highly used Arco gas station, this is the last good place to fuel up)
    Turn LEFT onto 66TH AVE / CA-195.
    Turn RIGHT onto CA-111.
    Turn LEFT onto Mineral Hot Springs road, you'll cross railroad trails and head towards the mountains
    Turn LEFT at System road (graded dirt road). this road parallels the Coacha Canal.
    You will pass Siphon #22 and you are basicly there.
    Turn LEFT at Vaughn Road

When you turn left onto Vauhn Road, you will pass our neighbors place on the left, then you will turn left onto Cooper Rd. for about 20 yards.

[​IMG]

Q: STEEEEEKERS?!?!
    A: Stickers have been made up for this year, we only made 50 as we didn't want a ton left over. Since there are a ton of people coming out of the woodwork last minute, please only one per person, if no others want one, then the rest are up for grabs. Price for stickers are $3.50, this price is strickly to cover the cost to have them printed. Below is a picture of what the sticker will look like.

[​IMG]

Campground etiquette...

<HR style="COLOR: #575757" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->This is not a party so much as a ride. Please be prepared to behave as you would in your own house, here's a few of the house rules:

*no littering, including cigarette butts.
    *alcohol in moderation, please.
    *parking only in the driveway and no cutting across the property (no riding on the lawn, essentially).
    *kind, curtious behavior. please no asshattery (it isnt glamis).
    *firewood welcome for the firepit!

Q: is the riding going to be as crazy as the pictures jonz posted?
    A: only on the Friday ride (DETAILS)

Q:What about the friday ride?
    A:
    Q: What about the sunday ride?
    A:
    Revised group list. It’s assumed if you attend, you will have BBQ unless you post otherwise.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Attendees!

1) Gearheart
    2) MrsGearheart
    3) Pops & Ma
    2) Imgonnasnap
    3) Riceless950
    4) RiverRat
    5) Bourkeco and guest
    6) SVS
    7) Noeshoes
    8) Kkug
    9) Trey650
    10) Rickf (OldfatguyMan)
    11) Mikeyb
    12) Zenslug
    13) Mrmike
    14) Jonz
    15) Eric T
    16) Doghouse Riley
    17) Ramjet
    18) Triumphant
    20) BetaTrialsGuy
    21) Joel
    22) Ramjet

23) KTMSER
    24) DustJunkie
    25) Bruce and kids
    26) GunshipDriver
    27) ChadG (friday for sure, saturday will be played be ear)
    28) Levvy
    29) Map Maker
    30)FastEddy760
    31) Scorpion (sat ride)
    32) Sito (sat ride)
    33) Bob
    34) Danny G
    35) Edog

Maybes!<o:p></o:p>
    1) Scott Tell? (probably not L )
    2) Jack and kids? (RSVP?)
    3) Strega

OUT!<o:p></o:p>
    1) Eatpasta<o:p></o:p>
    2) M0to
    3) Ryanno716
    4) Beedub?
  3. imgonnasnap

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    :ricky I wanna go, but last year some of the group were sayin' it was easier for me on the trials bike cause it's so light.
    [​IMG]

So this year I'll ride something that weighs almost exactly three times as much.

[​IMG]

And jonz, if you want to make the freeway loop a little easier, you can borrow my trials bike. :evil
  5. gearheart

gearheart Bombrun Lackey

Oddometer:
    Welcome Riceless, welcome to the Revolution...

Plenty of good trails and dirt roads for big bikes.

See you there.

Mike
  6. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stickmeat and bombs oh my.... I am IN.

I missed last years ride which looked like a real shindizzler.
  7. BeeDub

BeeDub Havagoowan

Oddometer:
    This going to be open to all comers? I've been thinking about riding the Bradshaw, but still waiting for my buddies to get Dual-Sports...I'd like to see it all the way to the river if you guys ever get that planned out, I saw ZenSlug's post about doing that in the linked ride report.
  8. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    Im going to go steal a dirtbike so I can go on this one.... maybe I can get that done by Feb.

:pynd
  9. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    BBQ :tb
  10. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If nothing biger or better gets in the way I am IN
  11. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    This is an epic ride and the BBQ is not to be missed. Not only that but you get to meet a bunch of crazy desert rats that are worth the trip alone. I will be there.

It will be another Zen moment:

[​IMG]
  12. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    In!!
  13. imgonnasnap

Oddometer:
    I'm a bit worried you use that phrase while Zen Slug has his pants down.. :huh
  14. rickf

rickf oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer:
    Ultra bad timing on my part!
  15. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    Now that was freaking funny!!!
  16. mikeyb

mikeyb Just some guy

Oddometer:
    The last bomb run was great.
    Sign me up for another one.
  17. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    Hey GearHeart, I hope you are planning a "friday freeway loop" too!
    [​IMG]

Watchin' Flyingo ripitup last year on his 950S prompted me to get a Mighty 950. Thanks Dave.:wings
  18. Zen Slug

Zen Slug Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in on the 950:ricky

Anybody willing to loan me a trials bike for the freeway loop, or should I bring the 450 along for that?:ear
  19. MrMike

MrMike No self control

Oddometer:
    Thanks to imgonnasnap for cluing me in on this. For some reason I thought it was in NorCal. I'm just responding because I don't have an '08 calender yet so I will probably forget about it.
  20. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    You can bet I'll be there. :nod Better ask FlyinGo!!! for some aerobic conditioning tips. :knary I'll make sure we won't skip any of those slow, twisty, sand washes just so we both know you didn't cheat!!