Bradshaw Bombrun 2010, Feb 5,6,7

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by gearheart, Dec 17, 2009.

1. gearheart

gearheart Bombrun Lackey

Oddometer:
    Anybody interested in an easy dirt ride in the low desert?

February 5,6,7. Get your Hall Passes ready already or start working on your excuses!

Saturday Bombrun followed by the World Famous Bonzai Buckeroo Deep Pit BBQ at the Rock'n K Ranch

Post up!

Mike
  2. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    :clap :wave Just last night I was looking at last year Ride Report. Hope it rains again.

[​IMG]
  3. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    So we've had the awesome ride itself with a magnitude of dust, helicopter airlifts, bikes running up trees, flash floods with roads turning into rivers, rock garden crashes. What's up for this year? Locust swarm? Indian attack? OK, I'm in, maybe!:lol3
    Hi Richard! Hey, Bob!
  4. imgonnasnap

imgonnasnap Motard wrecker

Oddometer:
    For those who have not read the entire thread, I have gathered most of the information into one post:

Gearheart and his dad should be at the ranch thursday or early friday, This is where the base camp and BBQ will be.

FAQ's:

Q:What about parking at gearhearts place?
    A: There is a lot of space to park your vehicles, but depending on how many trucks and trailer setups there are, we may have overflow parking available if the desert rat neighbors (lucky butt ranch) are there this weekend. If not, it is fairly safe to park along side the road adjacent to grearhearts place. this road is hardly used with low traffic, and fairly safe, especially since there will be so many of us there.

when you pull up to the property, please see BOB, Richard (pops/Spareparts) or Mike (gearheart) about parking. It is first come first serve, so if you get there late, you may be parking on the street.

**Parking space IS limited, so please try to carpool if possible to save vehicle space. Once the main area fills up we have overflow parking. once that is full you'll have to park on the road next to the Ranch. It is fairly remote and relatively safe, so there is no worry about hit and runs.

Q: What if I am a pansey who doesnt like to camp in the dirt?
    A:FOR THOSE WHO DONT WANT TO CAMP, the campgrounds were bought out by KOA and have been remodeled, plenty of nice cabins and motorhome spots to stay in. you are welcomed to stay here and meet us in the morning for rides, food and general debauchery. This is the link to the website for reservations. KOA Glamis North

Q:How the heck do I get there???

IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN HERE BEFORE TRY TO ARRIVE DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS TO MORE EASILY FIND THE PLACE, or at least start calling fellow inmates while still on the pavement (cell reception is spotty at best)

A:GPS (garmin) Coords are:
    W 33* 27.011'
    W115* 42. 875

It's paved up until about two miles or so from camp, after that it is a graded dirt road, which large motorhomes access often. There will be signs marking the way so nobody gets lost. If you have any questions about how to get there you can call me at (five six two) three three five-nineteen nineteen 562-335-1919

Coming from LA, take the 10 east towards pheonix.
    Keep RIGHT to take CA-86 SPUR S toward BRAWLEY / EL CENTRO.
    Take the 66TH AVE EAST exit on the LEFT. (there is a huge highly used Arco gas station, this is the last good place to fuel up)
    Turn LEFT onto 66TH AVE / CA-195.
    Turn RIGHT onto CA-111.
    Turn LEFT onto Mineral Hot Springs road, you'll cross railroad trails and head towards the mountains
    Turn LEFT at System road (graded dirt road). this road parallels the Coacha Canal.
    You will pass Siphon #22 and you are basicly there.
    Turn LEFT at Vaughn Road

When you turn left onto Vauhn Road, you will pass our neighbors place on the left, then you will turn left onto Cooper Rd. for about 20 yards.

[​IMG]

Q: Where is the best Place to fuel up??
    A: Depending on the direction you are coming from there are gas stations 20 miles from the Ranch:

If you are coming from LA via the 86 & 111, There is an Arco gas station:
    90480 66th Avenue
    Mecca, CA 92254-6228
    (760) 396-5243
    http://www.mapquest.com/mq/3-Ro2r

If you are coming from San Diego or Yuma, AZ via the 78 & 111, there is a Soco Gas station in Niland, CA
    8004 US-111., Niland, CA 92257
    (760) 359-2422
    http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-GtPXmok90T6ushEl

Q: green sticker okay?
    A: plate recommended, if you want to ride a green sticker bike its at your own risk.

Q: nOObs invited?
    A: sure, we can split into groups by bike and comfort level

Q: can I show up early/leave late from gearheart's camp spot?
    A: ok to arrive Friday, leave Monday but please PM Gearheart or imgonnasnap your plans (there will be no water on Monday morning).

Q: where do we relieve ourselves?
    A: gearheart's camp spot has a toilet and running water. (feel free to donate toilet paper or soap)

Q: is drunken buffoonery permitted?
    A: no, drunken bufoons will be blindfolded and dropped off in the bombing range
    (please see the other camp rules below LINK)

Q: should I bring the big DS or the plated dirt bike?
    A: if you want to ride fast and explore the side options bring the dirt bike, otherwise the big DS will be fine. either way you'll want a gas tank with at least a 100 mile range.

Q: Where do i fill up??
    A: A small gas station near where we will eat lunch mid-ride. its aproximately 160 miles round trip, so unless you are sure you can make it, or have spare fuel, I would highly advise you fill up here.

Wheelies gas station

Q: We're eating lunch too??
    A: We will be eating at a fine dining establishment near wheelies gas station, called Lagoon Lodge, so bring your best riding attire :evil

Q: Whats the deal with the BBQ??
    A: For $15 bucks american, you can join us for Mesquite BBQed Tri-Tip, Home-made Baked Beans, some sides (prolly p-salad, rolls, chips, cookies or maybe other stuff, it depends...) You provide your beverage. If you want to bring something to contribute, that's fine too. If you don't like the menu or don't like the $15, you are still welcome to join us around the fire with the cusine of your own bringing.

This cost is strickly to cover the cost of the food, this is a non-profit event, we are doing it for the enjoyment of riding fun bikes on great trails, with good, old and new friends! so please don't forget to pay :deal

You can bring anything you want to contribute for the bbq, drinks, chips, or other sides are welcome... its byos (bring your own sides) so it's deffinitly welcome!

Q: Do I need silverware?
    A: SOME we will have some silverware for those who arent able to or forgot those... as long as you dont mind me licking it after im done using it.

Q: STEEEEEKERS?!?!
    A: We havent really decided what to do on this, if you want some post up.

[​IMG]

Campground etiquette...

<HR style="COLOR: #575757" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->This is not a party so much as a ride. Please be prepared to behave as you would in your own house, here's a few of the house rules:

*no littering, including cigarette butts.
    *alcohol in moderation, please.
    *parking only in the driveway and no cutting across the property (no riding on the lawn, essentially).
    *kind, curtious behavior. please no asshattery (it isnt glamis).
    *firewood welcome for the firepit!

Q: Is the saturday "Bomb Run" riding going to be as crazy as the pictures jonz posted?
    A: only on the Friday ride (DETAILS). The Bradshaw trail is actually fairly mild, it is mostly fire road, but 160 miles of it. These fire roads can be decieving, however. Once you get a good fast pace, a turn will come up and throw a tree in your way! So essentially it is a challange of endurance and compansionship.

Q:What about the friday ride?
    A: We have not actually planned to have a friday ride, but Riceless was willing to lead the freeway loop, so maybe we can do this.

Q: What about the sunday ride?
    A:There are several options for this, we can do what jonz posted below or a different route depending on the mood.

-We can do Jonz route:
    Repeat the repeaters

-Or we can do a red canyon/waterfall route as shown by Razr:
    Red Canyon/Waterfall route

-OR we can do a new route which i have been working on, either way you'll need adequate motorcycle and personal skills, as well as a 100 mile range.
  5. imgonnasnap

Oddometer:
    1/31/2010 Revised group list. It&#8217;s assumed if you attend, you will have BBQ unless you post otherwise.

This is for the saturday night BBQ after the bomb run!!!

Awesomely cool IN riders for satuday ride+food
    1)gearheart-Mike
    2)Mrs Gearheart-Kim
    3)imgonnasnap-Jeff
    4)Spare Parts (Richard)
    5)Mrs Spare parts-Ann
    6)Bob
    7)K9SAR499-Kelly
    8)offkamber
    9)rickf-Rick
    10)2old2race
    11)KTMSER (and friends? like he has any!)
    12)Zen Slug-Eran
    13)RiverRat
    14)jtsurfs-Joel
    15)eatpasta-AJ
    16)Eat Pasta's Wife
    17)riceless950-Brent
    18)Scott Tell
    19)Beta Trials Guy-Tom
    20)bc_ca
    21)Strega
    22)toddh-Todd
    23)jonz-Jeff
    24)doubleoh7-Scott
    25)WallyWhirled
    26)Gabriel + 2 friends.
    27)Bobby
    28)bourkeco
    29)bourkeco's super hot chick lady-Joanna
    30)bourkeco's super hot chick lady's BFF-Melissa
    31)bourkeco's buddy-Dave
    32)TerraNova
    33)Ridgway-Chris
    34)RiverRat
    35)rhinoeater-Bill
    36)BetaTrialsguy's son's friend, Jeff
    37)Badassbobthecattlerustler-Bob
    38)

Definitely, Maybe!
    1)DirkEXC. Friday ride, leaving saturday, no BBQ
    2)
    3)
    4)

Suckers!
    1)Ramjet
    2)Everyone else
    3)Ben99r1-Yes for sunday right, however
    4)punkenduro
    5)Tom's son Ted
    6)Tom's son Chris
    7)Tom Roach (Palm springs Harley Dealer)

If I missed anyone let me know, so I can post them on the lists!
  6. bc_ca

bc_ca KatooM....is Life

Oddometer:
    bradshaw trail is my jeep playground look forward to the ride.
  7. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!! HAD SUCH A BLAST LAST YEAR!!!

IM IN!!!!

had SUCH a blast last year!

[​IMG]

The "trail"

[​IMG]

more of the "trail"

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMIRSS4TxTY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

cant wait!! Who do I pay??

:ear
  8. Strega

Strega Black is a color

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping to make it if I'm recovered in time. Will be on a new bike this time :)
  9. punkenduro

punkenduro now in a cage...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    dead 650's next to a lake :huh...
    [​IMG]
    duals sports becoming dirt bikes :eek1...
    [​IMG]
    and getting the best spot/riding conditions in ocotillo monday, till it started raining again :cry.

i dont want to say in yet, but if unemployment gets approved, so does the ride. sorry still owe you 10 bucks, paypal hates me, still cant log in the fucker. still cant beleve i pass the bordercheck with no plate and NO ONE said anything.
  10. imgonnasnap

Oddometer:
    They usually just let us pass on by.. yet not to even deal with them in case of a hassel we just avoid them all together.
  11. imgonnasnap

Oddometer:
    Just bring your wallet with you..

<NIGERIAN>::Nigerian:: and your bank account numbers, SS#, drivers lisence, home address, vehicle pink slips and any other personal information ::Nigerian::</NIGERIAN>

:lol3
  12. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    is chis going to be there so I can get s'more riding lessons?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DZO5-oHguQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DZO5-oHguQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  13. toddh

toddh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will definately be there.

Great BBQ, good people, fun riding. But lock up the beer cooler around that Chris Ridgeway guy............:freaky

And RickF should be healed up by now ??:rofl
  14. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    for parts and probably all. I was just driving down near there yesterday and wondered if the Bomb Run was on. Awesome!!
  15. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I remember Razr and I made it on Sunday. You guys were telling about the flooding the day before. I did not believe it till I seen the pics. I was amazed that it cleared out so fast. But I think Ill be able to make it on Sunday again. Ben
  16. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bring your jet ski just in case!
  17. jtsurfs

jtsurfs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm only coming out if you promise me I get to climb that tree again. :clap
    I still have one good shoulder.:evil
  18. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    :nod
  19. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  20. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    I wanna take home one of those bombs this year!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]