Brazil thread

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Linhares, Sep 10, 2010.

1. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Hate to say but I believe it is true. His wife (ex-wife?) posted it to FB.

Attached Files:

2. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    RIP, Raf.

[​IMG]
    SCExpat likes this.
  3. MotoMigrant

MotoMigrant Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA or Celje, Slovenia
    Hola! My wife and I are riding our two DR 650's up from Uruguay in a day or 2. Heading to Rio for carnival (yes, I know crazy). We have already done all of Patagonia and after Rio will go west towards Bolivia. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay in Rio or places to avoid?
    Any suggestions on what else to see in southern Brazil is also appreciated. Planning on riding up and checking out some of the canyons, Florianopolis, staying with someone in Curitiba, then up into the mountains to ride some good roads, will avoid São Paulo and stay on the coast for some beach and islands. Then Rio for a few days.

Gracias! Moto Migrants
    https://www.facebook.com/Moto-Migrants-962338687148867/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    rodrigo1985 likes this.
  4. rodrigo1985

rodrigo1985 Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer:
    Hi Mate! If you want a place to stay please came to Guarapuava around 400km east from Foz do Iguassu towards Curitiba. Lets share some beers , thanks!! Also can help in some future planning around Brazil (we are locals). Plus im 240km from Curitiba.

Rodrigo.
    MotoMigrant likes this.
  5. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Hi!
    I realize this thread is pretty quiet, but I want to ask a few questions.

Where are people posting about their trips in Brazil? I've heard something about Facebook being used, but I don't know the name of the group.

I am thinking about making a trip to Brazil in Late October, I've never been there on vacation before so really no idea what to do, where to go, what to see..... Any advice? This will only be for one week and it does not need to be all about riding motorcycles.

Any suggestions on where to rent a car / motorcycle?

Thanks! :beer
  6. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:

Contact Evandro (Fox) https://www.facebook.com/evandro.dalben?fref=hovercard&hc_location=chat
    He is out of Sao Paulo and does tours and I think he still rents bikes. He can tell you the places to go and see. Rio do Rastro and Curvo Branco in Santa Catarina are incredible. Also Foz do Iguacu - huge waterfall at Brazil and Argentina. The beaches along Interprias... south of Balnario Camboru are just incredible. Have a great trip.
  7. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for the info! I really appreciate it!
    :beer
  8. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    If you are going to Iguassu Falls we are 400Km east from there...can provide some info, BBq and beers and place to stay if need, english spoken here, Cheers!!
    95Monster likes this.
  9. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
  10. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much Rodrigo! I'm getting excited for the trip!
  11. Singulano

Singulano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys! I'm new here, but known some on this thread like the author Linhares. Living now in Viçosa, 1:30hs close to Ouro Preto one of the most visited historical cities in Brazil and 3hs from Belo Horizonte. If someone is passing nearby just let me know. Has some space, beers and any help for motorcyle travellers.
    knight, rodrigo1985 and SCExpat like this.
  12. Singulano

Singulano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Riding a Sertão actually [​IMG]
  13. nicholastanguma

nicholastanguma nicholastanguma

Oddometer:
    Ouro Preto! Gorgeous! I'm really curious: what's the adventure riding situation around OP itself? I know Minas Gerais is Brazil's most mountainous state, and Ouro Preto is quite far from Belo Horizonte, with a population of only about 70,000, so I'm assuming that the mountains immediately surrounding OP are blessed with a great combination of pavement, dirt, mud, and gravel roads. Am I right?
  14. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    I have been there in 2016 and it is plenty of dirt roads to ride! We got one section of Estrada Real, views was amazing!
    Anyone coming south will be welcome here!
    Cheers![​IMG]

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk
    knight and Singulano like this.
  15. Singulano

Singulano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, for sure! OP is one of the most interesting cities in Brazil for anyone. Good restaurants, museums, parks and for us its a big place surrounded by mountains, rocks, good pavement roads for those who likes cornering and excellent dirty roads passing by beautiful places, waterfalls and much more... Estrada Real passes there and is like the "Trans Euro Trail" for us.
  16. Singulano

Singulano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some samples from places around OP...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ApexJeff, SCExpat and rodrigo1985 like this.
  17. nicholastanguma

Oddometer:
    That looks absolutely fabulous; thank you both so much for the photos, gentlemen! :thumb
  18. Forjas

Forjas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Holy...just accidentally bumped into this thread. Been around on AdvRider for 3 years and just now realized there was a Brazil thread.

Just sending a Hello to all. I’m Brazilian but living in the US, if any of you guys are around NY area give me a shout. Hopefully I will be down back in Brazil soon for some riding.
    pceire32 and Singulano like this.
  19. nicholastanguma

Oddometer:
    According to Google's satellite images there are many vast undeveloped green spaces close around Sao Paulo, and I can clearly see what appear to be many little roads all over them, both dirt and paved. Some of these green spaces are labeled as nature reserves and the like, so may be off limits to motorized vehicles. However, there are still huge swaths of green without any labels at all, making me wonder if they have fun moto roads in them, especially in the green swaths that are less than 40 miles from Sao Paulo. Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of fun paved and/or dirt motorcycle riding opportunities in these vast green spaces close around SP?
  20. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    I have made some years ago some dirt roads around Sao Paulo, near Barueri, not sure if is same area you are talking about but was a blast! Yes you can find a lot of good dirt roads. Not much to say about Sao Paulo, but here in Parana is plenty!
    Cheers!!