Brazil thread

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Linhares, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Nandoclp

Nandoclp “V-Strom 650 XT Rider"

Oddometer:
    Yes!
    In a radius of 150 km from São Paulo we have dirt roads and many asphalted roads with fun curves in the mountains of the Paraiba valley ...
  2. nicholastanguma

nicholastanguma nicholastanguma

Oddometer:

Thanks for your help! :thumb
  3. Bongokarl

Bongokarl n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey,

I'm moving to Sao Paulo in July. Are there some websites/social media groups making it easy to find good rides?
  4. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    Bongokarl likes this.
  5. Bongokarl

Bongokarl n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate
  6. SCExpat

SCExpat Ex-expat

Oddometer:
    You can also meet Rodrigo who should comment here soon. I did some great rides with him also. But he is not in Sao Paulo. Have a look at Google Earth and find the big mountains and the roads to them. Frequently dirt but incredible scenery. That is how I found my favorite rides there.
  7. rodrigo1985

rodrigo1985 Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike! Yes we are open for guests here! Will be nice! Just send PM we setup everything!
  8. Nandoclp

Oddometer:
    http://viagemdemoto.com
  9. nicholastanguma

nicholastanguma nicholastanguma

Oddometer:

Looking at Google satellite images the Paraiba valley looks much closer to Rio de Janeiro than to Sao Paulo. How close to Rio de Janeiro are the fun dirt roads of the Paraiba valley? In fact, are there any other fun dirt or paved roads close to Rio?
  10. Nandoclp

Oddometer:
    400-300Km
  11. BvilleBud

BvilleBud Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guys - I will be going to Argentina some time in the not too far distant future; plan on renting a bike. I want to ride up to Cataratas del Iguazú. It looks like there are some very interesting roads that meander from Argentina to Brazil and back near the falls, are there any concerns on taking a rental bike between the countries? Thanks for your thoughts!
  12. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    Hi mate! I just drove around Foz and Argentina thru the borders, anyway its very fun area to ride. My only concern is find a way that will skip the border control and this create some trouble (like anywhere)
    If you need something im 400km from Foz..east.
    Cheers!
    BvilleBud likes this.
  13. BvilleBud

BvilleBud Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gracias Rodrigo!!! Mi amor es de Argintina. I can't wait to see that beautiful country and hopefully a little of Brazil also. I was in Bolivia last year and I have fallen in love with South America.
    rodrigo1985 likes this.
  14. Nandoclp

Oddometer:
    I´m from São José dos Campos SP.
    BvilleBud likes this.
  15. rodrigo1985

Oddometer:
    Nice! If you come by Sao Paulo we can share some miles until Iguassu Falls. You and all others adv´s are welcome here!
    Thanks! Safe Travels!
    BvilleBud likes this.
  16. TheBigH

TheBigH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a buddy heading down to ride Cerapio / Piocera next January. Does anyone know if there is a discussion thread on this on ADVrider? I didn't find anything. Anyone else ridding this? Link to ride: http://www.piocera.com.br/
  17. youngforever

youngforever Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. youngforever

youngforever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This thread is increible. No joke I have been reading this thread almost everyday, just like when I was little kid, I had the Canadian and Brasilian side by side dreaming that some day I would say I have been and there.

I'm struck by your enthusiasm to help adventurers. Listening your passion you pay more than the double than us for your m/c and you overcome that with a passion unknown to me.

As for myself, I'm French Canadian, I said good bye to my home country when I retired. I got rid of everything that was not motorcycle related, and we have been on the road 4 years. 2 years in Colombia and two years in Mexico.

Looks like Brazil will be the next destination but I will need a new bike. Can I buy a m/c on a tourist visa? And Would I be able to keep it if I decide to apply for a retiree visa?

I looked on mercado livre and the next others. Look for a new light middle weight, No DR650, no KLR.

What do you think of the Honda cb500x? Any owners.
  19. Singulano

Singulano Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't know about how to buy a new bike been tourist... about the bikes, in this moment there is not even a single "light middle weight" on the market. Yamahas 660 was finished last year. DR 650 was in 2000. KLR never came to us. By now just have CB500X but no suspension there, G310GS but no one cares, Versys 300 the same, RE Himalayan 400 or jump to GS 750/850 that costs twice the others.
  20. youngforever

youngforever Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for replying singulano. I was thinking buy new because it's usually easier for an expat, this was my experience in Mexico and Colombia.

From what you tell me I might be much better taking it easy to import temporarly a m/c as a tourist to give me some time to learn Portugeese, get brazilian Driver's license with the retirement visa.

That way I could enter Brazil from Peru to ride the mystic BR319 (trans-amazonas), and so many other roads that my Brazilians friends in Montreal don't beleive they exist.

From what you tell me I will have to choose between the 500x or the Yamaha 660.

They are not a bad choice. Both have EFI. Both will require a lowering link. I like the lighter weight of the Yamaha, and the cast alloy wheels of the 500x. I can bring in a good rear suspension if I choose the 500x.
    Singulano likes this.