1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Bridgestone Adventurecross AX41 arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by RhinoVStrom, Jan 16, 2019.

1. RhinoVStrom

RhinoVStrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. dddd

dddd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great, we want pictures of thread wear at every 1000 miles!
    jantomas likes this.
  3. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    What kind of money are we talking?
    Zave likes this.
  4. phuzzygnu

phuzzygnu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does tread voids tho..
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  5. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    in.
  6. Amphib

Amphib A mind is like a parachute....

Oddometer:
    ^^^^^definitely. Can't wait for some reviews. Hoping this is my next tire
  7. CanineCombatives

CanineCombatives the sound of inevitability

Oddometer:
    Overlook these at your own peril, they are amazing.
    Amphib likes this.
  8. phuzzygnu

phuzzygnu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am surprised they are a bias ply and not a radial.
    Woodyxr, NorthIdaho800gsa and Dahveed like this.
  9. davidji

davidji bike curious

Oddometer:
  10. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    Same here .
    J-Dash likes this.
  11. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    In the states, found Chaparral Racing (chapmoto.com) is carrying these tires. I'm considering a rear, a 150/70-17 for is $148, which is less than I thought they'd be.
    I'd love to see some YouTube videos coming out about these, but it's so early right now.
  12. J-Dash

J-Dash Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They look great and can't wait for your feedback.
  13. Adrian V

Adrian V Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good see they are going to be available in sizes to suit smaller bikes as well.
  14. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to decide on this Battleax ax41 or a Tractionator Adventure. The difference is $50 but I'm interested in mileage, just wondering which of these tires will offer more mileage, maybe 1000 or 2000 more, if 3000 more miles then $50 is nothing.
  15. CanineCombatives

CanineCombatives the sound of inevitability

Oddometer:
    If the other A41's are any indication, I wouldnt look for these to win any mileage comparisons.
  16. Shoppingcart111

Shoppingcart111 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be demoing these for PC this season, tread looks good, just wondering how chunky they'll ride with the spacing between the blocks. Hopefully they stick wet/dry as good as my TKC 80's
    NCADV Rider likes this.
  17. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    Just referencing rear tires, but would they last longer than the Shinko 805, I'm getting around 3600-3800 miles? Here lies the new tire mystery. :D

If they could last around 5000 miles, then the $50 difference is worth it to me. Otherwise, the Tractionator, which can get up to 6000 miles from some Tiger riders, seems like the way to go. I mean you're basically doubling the price and doubling the mileage when you compare the Shinko and the Motoz. So, if the Battleax is in between on mileage and price, then it could be a contender.

I'd also be interested in how they roll on the street with that block pattern. The Shinkos feel like a street tire to me, which is kind of deceptive when you look at that pattern. There is always contact with the road, so there is no bumping.
    jphaxx, unlucky71 and Amphib like this.
  18. RhinoVStrom

RhinoVStrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    View attachment 1523221
    The first 'steps' of the Bridgestone AX41 tires. On road and off -road. You have to get used to this tired. So first km easy going because of the weather en new tires. Feld now vibrations in de handlebars at all. On Off-road you experience the big different between the K60 and TKC70. The Ax41 has more grip on dirt. Its find is on way. The first 100km are surprised mee. So far, so good.
    IMG-20190129-WA0001.jpg IMG-20190129-WA0006.jpg View attachment 1523212 IMG-20190129-WA0010.jpg
    Bridgestone-Battlax-Adventurecross-AX41-2.jpg
    More test to follow.
    Info;http://www.dropbox.com/s/3c0zspwajgcuoaa/AX41- 1Pager PR-V2.pdf?dl=0
    88Marine, Barekat, Oeths and 3 others like this.
  19. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you write "received" does that mean they have been given to you by Bridgestone for free or you have actually bought them yourself at full market price? The reason I'm asking is that this is the third overexcited thread started by you on these particular tyres and they "looked awesome" to you even before they were released so I am wondering.

For me the USER forums such as ADV were the last ditch for receiving honest, unbiased and un-sponsored information from fellow riders and I feel really bad about this changing at a fast pace. We already have "official reviewers" that are always hyped about the greatest new product X that luckily for us has just become available and it is the greatest thing that has ever happened to motorcycling until it is the next sponsor's turn. Take one of the most trusted German motorcycle magazines, for exemple - Motorrad. They have been reviewing the exact same bunch of sport touring tyres (Rt01, RS3, CRA3, PR4 etc.) for the last few years and each one of the largest manufacturers has got his 1st place at one point or another.
    jantomas, DeepBarney and ohgood like this.
  20. RhinoVStrom

RhinoVStrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Peter, I understand you're worries about the honesty of my tests of the tyres. About that "looked awesome" I already saw this tyres long before they were officially released. I'm not only testing tyres for Bridgestone. Have tested Heidenau K60, Michelin Wild, TKC70 and soon the new Heidenau. Some times I get the tyres for free but I also just buy them. And if the tyres are not good, for whatever reason, it will be coming in the test results, regardless of if I bought it or is given to me. The manufacturers know this and are willing to take the risk. I'm testing accessories ( helmets, cases, cloves, riding gear, skid plates, fog lights ect.) for more big companies and always write honest, unbiased and independent about it. Tests are not always positive. So Some times I receive a 'friendly' request from a company to delete my comment. But I'm not doing that. I know what you mean wen you mention the motorcycle magazines. Some times I wonder how 'honest' these test results are, when you see, 2 pages later, a big Ad from the same company.

With honest greetings,

Rhino