Brisbane & surround rides

Discussion in 'Australia' started by akaDennis, Jan 29, 2019.

1. akaDennis

akaDennis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Been away from and neglecting the bike(s) for quite some time and they have sat in the garage unloved, it's time to get back on them. I am interested in meeting up with others who are planning day or overnight trips around the south east of Qld.

Dennis
    DR650
    Weldr and Nanin like this.
  2. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    put me down for a day ride on the northside of brisbane,ie glasshouse etc,so who's up for it
  3. mcguyver

mcguyver Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im keen. Off to NZ on saturday for 2 weeks but after that im in.
  4. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    Yeah I got to get out more, I have only just bought another suitable bike and still sorting out some teething problems, but keen for anything South or West... Or South West.

Wouldn't mind doing an overnighter in the NSW Northern Rivers area, I hear Kilprotay Rd is a ripper.:lol3
    Weldr likes this.
  5. akaDennis

akaDennis Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I only have single days on weekends available until Easter if someone wants to do an out & back ride. 27/28 Apr is my first available full weekend to do an overnight trip.
    KJB and mcguyver like this.
  6. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Looks like I should have Saturday off, 2/3/19, so will try to get away north of Brissy. Leaving from Ferny Grove and going over Mt Mee. May go to Kenilworth and Imbil by road and then Mt Buggery and KM and over to Western Branch Rd and down Eastern Branch Rd and Linville and back via Kilcoy. On a 500 twin road bike with knobbies, so ride suited to same.
    Nanin likes this.
  7. xlimestonecowboyx

xlimestonecowboyx n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey man, I'm a new adv rider, happy to meet up when I'm free. Planning on a 2-3 day ride somewhere over the Easter/Anzac holidays. My skill level and speed are pretty low, but keen to go whereever! Riding a Royal Enfield Himalayan.
    Suncoaster, Cruz and Nanin like this.
  8. KJB

KJB B-TEAM

Oddometer:
    Hey Dennis,
    I'm north side of Brisbane on a DRZ400e. Just moved back to the area and left all my riding mates in Sydney. Keen to get a ride going
  9. strapontin

strapontin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Planning 3-ish day outing leaving Friday 26th April, back Sunday evening or Monday morning. Thinking heading south, open to suggestions on routes and travel mates.
    Nanin likes this.
  10. xlimestonecowboyx

xlimestonecowboyx n00b

Oddometer:
    I don't know any routes, but I'm keen. I'm a new, slow rider. If you can handle that, let's think of where we can go.
    Cheers
  11. strapontin

strapontin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent!
  12. Briggsy_1

Briggsy_1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Somewhat late notice but I'm going for a ride tmrw (26/4) leaving from Dayboro 8ish. Route will be roughly Mt Mee, Neurum Ck, tar to Linville, Eastern Branch Rd, Elgin Vale, Kandanga and then wherever. Feel free to join me. Suitable for big bikes with a semi-capable rider.

I won't be racing but I won't be dawdling either...more middling, or muddling..but no meddling. 200+ fuel range and knobbies or minimum 50/50 tyres.
  13. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    How was the ride and the trails?
  14. Briggsy_1

Oddometer:
    It was bloody greasy in places. Went over A-break no dramas but the forest stretch between the end of eastern branch rd and Elgin Vale was very slippery. Good fun though.

I started on my own and then picked up a mate on a 950 at Kilcoy. Just the 2 of us. They are clearing a lot of new tracks up in the forest which got me a bit confused and lost at one stage. Ended up on some freshly graded sludge that made for fun times :)
  15. Briggsy_1

Oddometer:
    20190426_164213.jpg
  16. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Excellent. That middle track from Eastern Branch crossover to Western Branch, that comes out near Porter Rd gets really slippery when wet. It wasn't grown over at all, haven't been through there in a year or so? Any water on the crossings?
  17. Briggsy_1

Oddometer:
    Not much overgrowth at all really. Bit of lantana around as expected. Crossings had a lot less water than I expected tbh.
    Cruz likes this.
  18. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    hi guys
    i know for a fact that you can get from conondale to kilcoy via i think grigor road( all fire roads) but its been such a long time i cant remember the way and ive only got it on my old zumo 550 and thats broken so i am stuffed,so when the rain stops anyone fancy a little adv ride to find the way,ive done this ride on a ktm990 etc so its an easy ride
    so meet up conondale/maleny area ride to kilcoy have lunch and back
    mcguyver likes this.
  19. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Mick, this is what the western end of Grigors Rd looked like in April, graded all the way through for cars now. Haven't been through since rain etc to know what it is like now though.
    _20190626_154022.JPG
  20. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    Hi cruz
    Thanks for the reply.i am just trying to find other areas to ride in. bored with glasshouse etc now. Thinking i might have to get a bigger bike inorder to get to them as the drz isn't the best on road