British Columbia Duffy Lake Circle help please

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dogslow, Apr 23, 2005.

1. dogslow

dogslow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After some enforced job redundancy I am back working and saved a few shillings,I am going to Vancouver to see the family and going to be doing the Duffy Lake Circle.Does anyone know how many miles it is. How long does it take to do at a very steady pace,places to look out for,overnight accomodation best places to stay best viewpoints for photography.I know this is in the wrong forum but the help will be appreciated.I will be staying in a hotel in Whistler and going clockwise from there
    thanks for your help
    Steve
  2. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Overlander

Oddometer:
    By going the Duffy Lake circle are you going over the Hurley and returning on the D/Lake rd?
  3. dogslow

dogslow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was just going to set off north and head towards Lilooet and then south east sort of direction from there but any hints or tips would be apreciated.Just looked at the mapvWhistler up to Lilooet and then to Cache creek then south to Lyton then Hope or Lilooet and then south to Hope.I just want to take a steady cruise stopping taking pictures no rush. Thnx
  4. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the Duffey Lake road is paved and the length is approx 70 miles (100km) from pemberton to Lillooet. The road climbs from 600' at Lillooet Lake to Joffre Pass(4300') in about 13 kms - very steep and curvy. You smell the brakes of the vehicles coming down the hill. Don't forget to stop at Joffre lakes Park at the top of the pass - a 10 minute walk takes you to a mountain lake with 9000' peaks towering over. More time allows hiking to 2 more lakes higher up.
    here is the link to the park http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/joffre.htm
    The best thing about the duffy lake road is the lack of development - no houses or buildings and many interesting logging & mining roads to explore. However, accomodations are not available until Lillooet (or pemberton of course)
    Duffey Lake is also spectacular - here is the link to the park
    http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/duffeylk.htm

feel free to contact me when you're planning the ride - we can gather a few advriders to accompany you.

for a taste of the region check out our lodedpalooza trips
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53308&highlight=loadedpalooza
  5. dogslow

dogslow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the Jofre Lake idea looks good,those links give me more ideas aswell,thanx for the offer of a guided tour,In England this is what I ride
    [​IMG]
    .But no bike in BC unfortunetly.But we have hired one of Henry's best an Explorer from Budget in Burrard St.So if you are on the circle May 29 30 and maybe another day after that and you see four brits having a great time its us
  6. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    just remember we drive on the other side :evil you can rent reasonably a bike in van bc, lots of sporty riders do the van-lilooet-van loop in a day but not much time for sight seeing, check out victoria, they claim england has copied their style :1drink