1. eNewsletter Sign Up

British Motorcycle Gear/ Belstaff

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dantegod, Apr 18, 2008.

1. resqdoc

resqdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wore an Adventure jacket for a full season this year. I am very happy with the product as well as customer service. I am going to order matching pants. Excellent value.
  2. Dantegod

Dantegod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the slow response..THese are not forwarding to our company e-mail. You just order your regular Inseam length.. They are adjusted for riding position.

Paul
    www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
  3. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    The Belstaff line for 2015 arrived late this year so we did not have it on display for the IMS shows. The leather this year is a bit heavier and manufactured out of Italy again which is great.... The color Burnt Ceuro looks amazing.. Check them out on the web site.

Paul
  4. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    Tourist Trophy Jacket in Burnt Ceuro.

Attached Files:

5. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    Leather has a great waxed finish.

Attached Files:

6. Dantegod

Oddometer:
  7. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    We are getting quite a few write ups on our products lately. Check out the October 15th issue of Road Runner Magazine for a review of the Adventure II Jacket and Pants.

I Have seen quite a few inmates commenting on our lack of retailers and that the Brand is only known by a small percentage of the motorcycle community. This may be a mistake on my part but our decision to market this way was not without a lot of thought.

Back in 2004 we were getting ready to take over the distribution of Belstaff in North America when the company was sold to an Italian firm. At that point in time we had convinced Belstaff to go with a new marketing plan in the USA. As a small family business BMG ( My wife, Myself and at the time 3 small boys) wanted to sell the product directly into the consumer market and lower the retail price by 40% which would make it very competitive... in this very price sensitive market. At that time Belstaff had not done much in the USA for quite a few years and was happy to move ahead with this idea since there was no investment on their part. Talked my wife into spending every dime we had and placing a huge initial order with Belstaff to seal the deal... Then the Belstaff company was sold a few weeks after this meeting and we had to make some tough decisions.

We ended up continuing with our original plan with the help of some great people working with us in the UK at the time. A shout out to these fine people from Stoke-on-Trent that helped us in a time of turmoil.

Hence the launch of the new brand "British Motorcycle Gear". We were also able to continue doing business with the new Belstaff owner's, which by the way has an amazing line of products in the "Pure Motorcycle" division that you should check out ...that we still carry.. and bring to all the IMS shows... Anyway we have continued with this marketing plan with our own branded line.....Here is our basic marketing plan.. We try and get magazine write ups on our product line-- do all the International Motorcycle Shows in the USA ( we have done this for 22 years now) and do other shows like the BMW MOA Rallies so that consumers can touch and try out the product for themselves. We have eliminated all the middle men so that a very well made product can sell for a little less than half of what it would sell for under the old distribution model... done.

This model is about as polar opposite as you can get from the current marketing models we see in the USA... One is make it cheap... fund the distribution .. have it in every dealership and corner the market... The new one we see is spend enough money to build a brand with great quality, although no real track record, and sell it for over $1000 ..hence it must be amazing.. Wish that worked for Rukka I love their gear, they have a great track record though.. and I for one think it is worth every dime... Anyway we were hoping that our marketing plan would work over time, since real motorcyclists love what they do and word of mouth is the best advertising.. We are hoping to grow as a company one day but are sticking to our Original Plan and marketing directley to the consumers which allows us to drop our prices and provide a quality product at a reasonable price. Without a huge advertising budget or any paid product placement we are hoping that one day our motorcycle community will help grow our brand the old fashion way through producing a good product at a fair price.. Hope to see all you crazy Inmates at the IMS shows again this year. Please share this post if you can... we need all the help we can.. this forest has some giant trees and it seem no one knows we are here..

Paul Brooks
    CEO
  8. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    All I know is that I have a closet full of Aerostich, Rukka and Rev'It! gear (gear whore mode ON) but when the winter is at its coldest and sloppiest, my Belstaff Discovery jacket/exoskeleton gets the nod every time. I got it from BMG early on so it was made in England and has got the Belstaff logos. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from BMG again.
  9. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Doug.. All the Jackets are still made in the same factory as your jacket just the Brand has changed..

Paul
    davyjones and Doug Just Doug like this.
  10. Seventy One

Seventy One Tick Magnet

Oddometer:
    As much as I love my Darien, I hate putting on the electric liner for every short, end-of-season trip, so I am strongly considering a Discovery jacket.

How do these fit? Do they run true to size? Are they more 'European' cut? I feel I may be on the border between the 40-42 and the 43-44 sizes. These jacket looks warm enough that sizing it a bit larger for additional layering maybe unnecessary.

I have a 42" chest and wear a 42 Darien but I have packed on a few pounds since quitting smoking, and am now at 205lbs.

Thanks in advance.
  11. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    you would take a L in a Discovery jacket. I'm a 44" chest. The L is snug on me and the XL is a bit loose on me. Before the house burned down I had one of each. I wore the L when it wasn't very cold, sometimes with the liner and just a shirt. The XL I wore is seriously cold weather (that mean anything from about -10 to about 20 degrees). To give me some extra room for another layer or two of insulation.
  12. Seventy One

Seventy One Tick Magnet

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Order has been placed. I even went for the pants and gloves too. Dang, I'm becoming a gear whore.
  13. Just Max

Just Max I put the F in luck

Oddometer:
    Will BMG be at IMS NY next weekend?
  14. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    Nope.. First time missing it in 23 Years.. These are really bad dates for a show.. Hope they move it back to January again next year..
  15. Just Max

Just Max I put the F in luck

Oddometer:
    ok, I have a question about venting.

Discovery / Challenger / Adventure

Which one has the most vents? Any have pit vents?
  16. riverflow

riverflow Half Built

Oddometer:
    I have the discovery and adventure, the discovery and presumably the challenge have pit vents. The adventure has zip off sleeves so I guess those could be used as a vent. The adventure is the coolest of the ones you listed. The discovery is the best all around jacket I've ever worn though. It's still pretty cool with proper venting.
  17. Dantegod

Oddometer:
    They all have arm vents but the Adventurer is made for the heat. The discovery is made for cold and wet with venting under arms this would be the warmest but quite heavy in the heat. The challenger is also great in cold and wet but has a lot more venting then Discovery..

Hope this helps.. Give us a call if you have more questions..

Paul
    1-800-432-9004
    1-858-336-9197