Brooks Panniers?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by TripleTriples, Mar 19, 2019.

1. TripleTriples

TripleTriples Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've seen a few posts from folks who've installed these but haven't been able to find any info about how they've held up long term.

Has anyone been running a set for a while? I'm curious to see if you're still happy and if they've stood up to a spill or two.
  2. Cageless

Cageless I Hope I'm Lost!

Oddometer:
    Been on since new (2015) great boxes, great price. No leaks, very slick latching system 20190320_153225.jpg 20190320_155357.jpg
    Terek likes this.
  3. TripleTriples

TripleTriples Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome, thanks. I was planning on a set of Tusk boxes, but they're way wider than I want.

I think at this point I'm down to Brooks or Happy Trails Tetons, but there's even less info about those out there.
  4. Webboy

Webboy n00b

Oddometer:
    Does a full face helmet fit in the Brooks’s left box?
  5. KTM 1190advR

KTM 1190advR Enema of the state Supporter

Oddometer:
    comradecasey likes this.
  6. SCFoster

SCFoster It is what it is Supporter

Oddometer:
    No it doesn't. Went with a Shad 58X expandable top case. It will expand to swallow up 2 full faced helmets or shrink down to a very small vertical form factor when not needed. Very happy with it.

There is some interference with the Brooks boxes' lids and the Shad top case but one can carefully open either Brooks case lid fully.

The picture shows the Shad top case with the Brooks racks. Did have an issue with one of the racks having rust due to a bad weld. It was replaced with zero hassle.

Just got back from 2700 mile trip and the boxes were great. Quick on an off the bike to keep them in the hotel room. Could have used liners but not a big deal to just take off the whole box on each side. Also aided with cleaning & oiling chain.

[​IMG]
    Webboy and TripleTriples like this.