Bruce Peninsula adventure.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Rideaabike, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Rideaabike

Rideaabike n00b

Oddometer:
    So I'm not really sure if this is the right place, or even worthy of a ride report. (Im new here, cut me some slack)

I'll be taking my Klx250 on a ~1500km trip up into the Bruce Peninsula. Originally planned to do the trip in 10 days in the spring, but life had other plans. Last week I quit my job, so who knows how long I'll be gone now.
    Heading up the east side of the Peninsula, across the ferry to Manitoulin island, down some old rail trail towards Sudbury and then...well I didnt get that far into planning. I have an aunt in haliburton so I'll probably swing by there for a few days.
    Oh yes, one more thing. I've never been camping before. Honestly I've never done anything close to this before. But I'll probably survive so why not give it a shot.
    td63, joe1265, Critic and 2 others like this.
  2. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    Rideaabike likes this.
  3. joe1265

joe1265 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'd like to know how it all goes. I'd like to do a similar trip and add in the Agawa Canyon/Montreal River area.

Post up pics.
    Rideaabike likes this.
  4. Rideaabike

Rideaabike n00b

Oddometer:
    Been struggling to get all the gear together and how to pack it. I started with a wolfman enduro tank bag, this has worked flawlessly from the start and will be holding all my camera gear. I also got the endruistan blizzard M saddle bags, thinking maybe I should have gone large but they suit they bike nicely.
    Couldn't for the life of me get the fender hook to work well, switched to the regular strap and put it around the little tabs on the subframe. First test ride went well but on the second ride they must have caught a tree and came loose. Burned one of the straps almost clean through and melted part of a buckle. Just sewed the strap back together and it's good to go. Also the rear plastic was getting pushed into the muffler and melting a bit.
    Rigged up a little heat shield and ran the straps a better way and no problems now.
    Had to pick up the endruistan tornado duffel bag, also size M. Fits my tent poles and my tripod plus now I actually have a place for clothes and freed up a ton of room in my backpack.
    Just a couple pictures of the heat shield, bike before the duffel bag and bike now fully loaded ready to leave.

Attached Files:

B10Dave likes this.
  5. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have fun. I like the setup you came up with.
  6. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good luck and have a blast! Almost bought a KLX this spring but went for a CRF instead, so I'm interested to see how you small-bike gear works out for you.
  7. Rideaabike

Rideaabike n00b

Oddometer:
    Well things haven't gone exactly to plan seeing as I'm already back home, but let me tell you I've got some good stories for y'all. Just trying to sort out the mountains of videos and pictures I have. Let me just leave you with this, 25 sideroad, over an hour of struggling and swearing, and one bent kickstand later I got out of this clay pit. And this was only the before noon on day 2.

Attached Files:

B10Dave likes this.