I was sitting visiting with a couple of old friends I had not seen for quite a while in my old home town just before Christmas 2016. Their phone rang, and their adult son wanted to talk to me. Knowing I restore and build customs out of old motorcycles, he informed me he was looking at several old bikes in a garage sale. He asked if I'd like to come look at them. I said the only appropriate thing that I could and arrived with his Dad at the garage sale in just a few minute. There were two VERY ugly old bikes sitting there and a third mostly complete Honda. I was not interested in the Honda, but the two ugly ones were a BSA and a Bultaco. I looked em over, and decided to buy them. I made an offer, $300. It was accepted. I took a roached out BSA and an unknown Bultaco to my friends son's garage and left them there for a few days until I could return with my pickup. Once I had retrieved them, and endured the wrath of my wife for buying yet "Another Motorcycle(s)," I ran the numbers on the Bulatco. Although it in no way resembles what it once was because someone tried to motocross it at some point, it is a TSS. I can see the places they removed the brackets to get rid of the rear set footpegs, removed the seat brackets, added Motocross style footpegs, and then completely changed the front end over to a Hodaka motocross bike front end. However, the numbers do not lie. I have the engine, I have the frame (needing some repairs), I have the exhaust, I have the fender, I have the rear shocks, and I have the rear fender. It's a place to start anyway. At least I have the correct numbers. Now the BSA, it caught my attention first, and held it immediately. It was so roached out that I decided to make it what I envisioned a 1959 BSA Scrambler could have been. It just won the "Old English" award at The1moto Show in Portland this past weekend. I guess it is time to start on the Bultaco.