Building a sidecar "camper".

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by doublemocha, Nov 11, 2015.

1. doublemocha

doublemocha Nulla

Oddometer:
    Thx, this is exactly what i needed to confirm.
  2. doublemocha

doublemocha Nulla

Oddometer:
    Valve adjustment and carb synconization done. There is a little surging i will observe this for a while and figure out what is causing it.
    I also replaced my final drive to 33/11. Taking it out for a test drive today. Thx

Attached Files:

draperg1, rg sw wa., DRONE and 2 others like this.
  3. Pokie

Pokie Just plain Pokie.

Oddometer:
    The valves should be set at .15mm and .30mm (or .006" and .008"), that doesn't appear to be what you are setting yours at. A minor amount of surging can often be addressed to spark plugs. Try a different brand.
    draperg1 and rg sw wa. like this.
  4. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    Ok well 1150's didn't really have a surging issue and the .15mm and .30mm should be .006 and .012 https://www.manualslib.com/manual/884258/Bmw-R-1150-Gs.html?page=104
    Surging is caused by overly lean conditions and 1150 doesn't really have much history of it , since you've changed the fuel system my first thought is fuel pressure changing low fuel pressure would cause a lean condition.
  5. doublemocha

doublemocha Nulla

Oddometer:
    That is what i set the valve .30mm exhaust .15mm at intake. I used NGK spark plugs.
  6. Pokie

Pokie Just plain Pokie.

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I was going by the color of your feeler gauges. They are expensive, but I have found the surge is gone with Brisk plugs. Mind you, this is on a R1200C.
  7. davebig

davebig Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer:
    :fpalm:fpalm the gsa is a dual spark it shouldn't have plug issues like the single spark r1100 and R1200c, it could stagger a little if it has the original stick coils in the center position most of them where made in India and eventually operated erratically . If it had a ignition issue that's it https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stick-Coil...820683&hash=item3b222e2a19:g:DM4AAOSwBMpb6NQx

When they fail one gets a intermittent miss/
  8. doublemocha

doublemocha Nulla

Oddometer:
    The two oil cooler is making the engine run cooler, it took about 45 minute riding on stop and go traffic to get to 5 bars, the bar goes between 4 and 5. I will observe the other issues for a while and address them later. Thx