Bultaco Trail Bike Repurposed

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by adsinger, Oct 21, 2020.

1. adsinger

adsinger Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer:
    Having restored lots of Bultacos over the years, I have quite a few bits and bobs. I also had a 175cc Campera trail bike, one of Bultaco's less desirable models. So I decided to build a cafe racer.

The frame is from the Campera, swingarm and hub are Sherpa S (1.5" longer and much stronger). Front brake is a combo of Matador and Metralla 62 parts. Bars are Metrall Mk.2. There are also pieces from Alpina and Astro, the motor is a modified 250cc Pursang out of an AHRMA roadracer. There's a few other miscellaneous parts (Ducati, Gilera, etc.).

The frame's been modified a bit for strength, rearset pegs added. There's Girling shocks and modified forks as well. The finished product came in at 198 lbs. with no fuel.

All in all, a fun project with none of the restrictions that come with restorations.

P1020942.jpg

Especial 5-2-2020.jpg

especial.jpg
    Euromad, Rich B, knudln and 11 others like this.
  2. aptbldr

aptbldr easy rider

Oddometer:
    Nice work.
    Please, say more.
    Video (to hear it)?
    How is it to ride?
  3. adsinger

adsinger Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer:
    It runs quite well, I'm holding down the speed as it's a fresh motor. Cruises well at 60, geared as long as possible, near 100. Riding position worked out nicely as the Metralla clip-ons are not low. It does vibrate as expected with a solid mounted 2-stroke. I have two videos, the first startup and a walk around but don't know how to post them. The initial startup video and a bit more info are on my website http://motoeuro.org/BulCafe.htm
    aptbldr and snarlyjohn like this.