Burgman 200 purchase

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by johnyrrr, Oct 2, 2019.

1. johnyrrr

johnyrrr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I brought home a 2014 last night with 150 miles, hit an indicated 80mph on the freeway last night, Im sure the speedo is off. Mixed driving and it indicated 70 mpg, its quick enough off the line, has a ginormous trunk and stops on a dime. I just sold a Big Ruckus for this, this thing is so much better than a Ruckus. Seems like not many has one of these, anyone care to chime in. I do need to fix the seat hump, other than that I want to break her in and put some miles on it.
    CaptnJim, klaviator and The Virginian like this.
  2. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Virginian rode one from Texas to Key West to deliver it to Conchscooter. You can read about it on another thread here, as well as Conch's ride from KW to Niagara Falls and back home. I'm sure they 'll both chime in.
    Rusty J and klaviator like this.
  3. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    The short trip I took on a B200 was magnificent! It will cruise in the mid 70s, at sane speeds gets 90 mpg, huge storage, great leg room, and has ABS. I personally think they're the best kept secret regarding scooters. Hopefully @conchscooter will chime in as he has had one for years and long distant travels on them.

Eric
    conchscooter, klaviator and MYUMPH like this.
  4. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The baby Burgman is my favorite! I've tried several times in the last few months to buy one, but the deal has fallen through each time but I hope to get one soon.
  5. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I came pretty close to trying to buy one , had a 650 before and liked it a lot. It's a bit like a Goldwing light. The problem with both the 650 and the 400 is re sale value , they just don't seem to hold value. I talked with my local dealer, he said he can get me anything I want. Just have to pay up front as he doesn't want to get stuck with it if I changed my mind. He tried to sell them over the years , but they just sat in the show room.
    I read some where recently that Suzuki was getting out of the scooter market in the states , cannot confirm that though. ( I think I read it here on ADV )

I bought the Vespa GTS 300 , it's got a certain class about it that none of the others have.
    Rusty J, The Virginian and klaviator like this.
  6. johnyrrr

Oddometer:
    I hope to see 90 mpg. I just did a little maintenance on it tonight, even though it only has 180 miles the oil is 5 years old so I changed it and farted around with it but cant ride now as its raining and 52 out. There was one for $1500 near me with 8500 miles and another for $2400 and 5k miles but has an amp and speakers installed....
    I added my windshield extender, cant wait to ride the darn thing now, if this rain will quit.
    Rusty J, Wentwest, MYUMPH and 3 others like this.
  7. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats! The B200 seems like a great scooter.
    The Virginian likes this.
  8. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Congratulations on the B200 - nice scoot! Oh, and some photos would be good. :nod
    Jimo368, The Virginian and yak50 like this.
  9. yak50

yak50 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    congrats, the baby burg made my top three, but as fate or luck would have it an 2018 xmax followed me home....its all good
    ismatts and The Virginian like this.
  10. 87112

87112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hitting mid 70s on the B200 is quite impressive for 200cc. Mids 70s on my 279cc Forza is pretty much almost max on mine.
  11. MYUMPH

Oddometer:
    2018 was the last year here for the 650, 2019 for the 400. Only the B200 for 2020 in the USA.
  12. johnyrrr

Oddometer:
    I wonder what they will replace the Burgman line up with, Burgmans have been very popular around here forewver. I had a 400 and it was one of my favorites, they hold their values very well around these parts, hence the reason I got into the B200.
  13. johnyrrr

Oddometer:
    here is on the way home when I picked it up, my wife was making fun of me, she prefers the Harley of course. burgman.jpg
  14. MYUMPH

Oddometer:
    I don't know if there will be a replacement, perhaps just skipping a couple year models and then they will bring them back.
  15. MYUMPH

Oddometer:
    Looks brand new! For many, the B200 is too porky, or not the "classic scooter/Vespa look", or whatever. But for me, its tons of storage and compartments, wind protection, comfortable seat, suspension, and highway capable speed, along with excellent fuel economy, it's a winner!
  16. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    I think the B200 hits a real sweet spot: enough power to take it on the highway, without the bulk of a heavier maxi-scoot. Plenty of under-seat storage and a seat height less than 29". The cut-outs in the floor-board make the feet-down position comfortable and secure.
    Rusty J, MYUMPH and klaviator like this.
  17. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't say I have much to add. The trip I made to Niagara Falls took 32 hours from the Keys where I live, and I spent several days riding back to go to work the next weekend. I ended up doing 3400 miles in six days with lots of farting around meeting up with Steve Eric and Bill along the way. Basically I did a Cannonball in less than a week. The whole sordid story is right here:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/1500-miles-on-a-baby-burgman.1333577/
    The Burgman 200 keeps up with freeway traffic is totally dependable is comfortable in the rain and burns no oil and hardly any gas and costs nothing to buy used. It astonishes me.
    Rusty J, The Virginian, Moat and 4 others like this.
  18. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    It looks brand new and your smile speaks volumes!

Eric
    Rusty J, klaviator and conchscooter like this.
  19. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    There's something sort of magic that happens when your butt finally finds the scooter that works for you. People debate which scooter is the best, but the truth is that there are quite a few that are perfect for someone, but none of us know which one is THE ONE until that moment. Even our resident critic found that out when he fell in love with a Vespa, after years of defending his choice of shifting gears on everything.

Like @The Virginian said, the smile in the photo is the whole story.
    Rusty J, klaviator, Tromper and 4 others like this.
  20. johnyrrr

Oddometer:
    Thanks Conchscooter, I enjoyed your ride, that is a heck of a ride on one of these, esp with the stock screen and seat, you are a trooper. I have been riding it around a lot lately and to work and the thing is impressive for a 200, It will hold 80-83mph on the speedo in freeway traffic if you want to and still get excellent gas mileage. It just is unnerving seeing the tach at 9500RPM and just sitting there, but I guess if you did the Keys to Niagra like this the beast must be stout. I cant believe more people don't own these little burgmans, they are really designed quite well. Anyway I hope your healing as quick as possible.