Burgman 200 purchase

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by johnyrrr, Oct 2, 2019.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    That's a bummer. I can hit 85+ on my wife's BV350 (330cc) all day long and I'm at Colorado lower power elevation too.
  2. RobG.

RobG. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats on your baby Burgman....I want one to add to my stable. :beer :ricky
    Rusty J likes this.
  3. Rusty J

Rusty J Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new bike! Mine's the daily commuter of my fleet ('16 bought new, ~16K miles)*. Weighs and handles like a small scooter, has the weather protection and storage of a maxi-scoot. Reliable 65MPH actual (69 indicated) cruise with a bit of reserve power, but pushing it much harder than that for extended periods will cost you in drive-belt life. It'll do almost 75 (GPS) if necessary but you will smell burned belt afterward.

The stock tires aren't great on wet pavement, but the ABS compensates for that so replacing them for that reason isn't critical. Michelin City Grips are a significant upgrade for wet-pavement traction.

Not a big fan of bike-mounted speakers -- they need to be intolerably loud to be heard over wind noise and through your helmet and earplugs. Might almost work on the B200 with the optional tall windscreen, but even then probably not.
    In-helmet speakers are a much better solution.

*Especially in cold/wet weather, because fairing and ABS. When it's warm I take the Svartpilen 401 because thump.
    RobG. and MYUMPH like this.