Burgman(s) vs Honda Silver Wing

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Mohawk Badger, Apr 16, 2007.

1. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    Another Scooter Convert :freaky

Our not-so-evil plan seems to be working!:clap
  2. Tros

Tros '03 Honda ST1300

Oddometer:
    With built-in storage all over, and good wind protection, they make sense. Add in stop and go traffic, and it makes things even more comfortable. Scooters have a lot going for them. My dad gave me a weird look when I told him if I ever get to the point I can afford another motorcycle, and I can't afford a Goldwing, I'll gladly get a Burgman 650. He hasn't been around any of these Maxi-Scooters... As soon as he does, I know he'll be a fan. :evil
  3. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    Tros,

Give him a ride one your new B 650 and he may want to take it from you.
  4. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I traveled 522 miles on my Silverwing from Near Dayton, Ohio to Cary North Carolina. I began Late after 12:30 Pm and it took me till 11:00 PM I made three gas stops and one meal stop, one rest Area stop to put on my Rain gear. I cruised with the normal Traffic flow 65-70 mph at 5200 RPM. I was fully loaded with Travel bag tools, Rain gear. I was hard mounted with my GPS.This was a trip to test the man not the bike, I wasted to see if I could handle a 500 mile day on the Silverwing. I have thoughts of a great western swing on the Silverwing. The Silverwing ran as designed perfectly and without Problem. It seems I carry to to assist others as my Honda Just never needs a wrench. I have had the standard maintenance at the shop. Two incident of concern where truck ratchet hardware being in my lane when Passing a semi I nearly hit it . It was in the middle of the left lane on the freeway. second was while coming down a long hill a semi began to pull over into the left lane when I was passing I was 1/2 way up the trailer length. I braked and pulled back. he saw me after being 2 feet into my lane and swerved back into his lane. I held back to see what He would do. Then I passed him. The Silverwing is a very good cruiser at freeway speeds. when you need more you have plenty and it is very responsive. I was worried about my ability to sit the the saddle that long. The last two Hours where spent in the dark on busy freeway traffic between Wnston Salem and Durham. I stopped for a full throttle drink because i was a bit tire and needed gas. I was able to make trip fine with several stops. I may doulble it on the way home as I have interest in going to the Dragon. The Silverwing is an Outstanding machine. The quest to fine the better machine between the Burgmann and Silverwing is subjective and unnecessary they have both Proven their worth.:norton
  5. no

no dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ZZR_Ron tours two-up with his wife on his Burgman 400. No problems.
  6. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    One of the guys that came to the Tahoe Rally this month did a 12-hour ride from San Diego to Lake Tahoe. He rides a Vespa GTV 250. Attached is a link to his YouTube of his trip.

<object height="360" width="580">

</object><object height="360" width="580">
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0qA6F36jTY&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="580"></object>
  7. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Superb stuff!!
  8. windburn

windburn Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Silverwing at 11,400 miles

[​IMG]
  9. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks great. I honestly think if i could find a good used model, then i would trade the Vespa for one. Heresy. i know, but the long legged nature of the SWing would win me over.
  10. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the look of the new GT. Not sure if it's on sale in yurp yet...
  11. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, the GT won't be coming to the U.K. Not enough of a market apparently. Whether this means the Silverwing will be quietly dropped i don't know. So that'll leave just the Big Burg and the TMax..