Burns Canyon Road, CA inquiry

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Codewheeney, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm planning a ride in a few weeks to LA, and I'll be coming from Phx. I was thinking of scooting across from the Yucca Valley area towards Big Bear via some roads I see, namely Pipes Canyon Road and Burns Canyon Road. Anyone got any local knowledge of these roads? Doable on a fully loaded GS?

JC
  2. squaretire

squaretire dumbass on a gs

Oddometer:
    hey, codewheeney. i just moved to yucca valley from san diego. haven't done the back way to big bear yet, took the slab out there. The ride was absolutely stunning. be aware, the place gets pretty cold at night in the fall. if you want detailed information about any backroads in the area, stop by hutchinson motorsports in yucca and talk to ed bilby. he is the manager there and told me to check out a few things around here. the dealership number is 760 365 6311 and they are right on 62 in yucca. good luck man. pm me if you are in the area. if i got time and you are interested, i'll join you.
  3. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Contact the Big Bear Trail Riders on the D37 web site.