BURSIG VS SV RACING'S PADDOCK STANDS FOR 2016 GS-LC?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by zigyphoto, Feb 5, 2020.

1. zigyphoto

zigyphoto PAY ATTENTION Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please post any experience you have that might help me decide between these two apparently-great tools.

I have an OEM-Lowered GS-LC, but don't know if the frame mounting holes are same location?

BURSIG

-- FYI, I just got off the phone with Bursig and Patrick was clear helpful and informative, including checking height difference between regular and lowered models.

SV RACING (doesn't show one for GS, but the model-specific plate is the only thing that changes between models).

-- FYI, I just got off the phone with SV Racing and was underwhelmed with their attitude and ability to provide clear info.

With a price difference of ca. $350, I'd like to know if saving the money is worth it -- in YOUR EXPERIENCE.

THANKS, ZK
  2. crackerguy

crackerguy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use the Bursig on my KTM SMT and like it. Its great being to get the bike up in the air and wheel it around. Makes fork/headrace work lots easier too.

I had an issue with the tip on the stand that goes into the frame (on the SMT at least you have to be careful about making sure its completely inserted before you lift the bike or it will bend and break over time) and they provided great service replacing it for free.

No experience with the SV Racing one.
  3. zigyphoto

zigyphoto PAY ATTENTION Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks!

z