But what would the Russians buy?

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Richard-NL, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Richard-NL

Richard-NL Sidecar Fan

Oddometer:
    But what would the Russians buy?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    This?

[​IMG]
    <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Twowheeldrive R1200GS ADV. New stuff. Owner Ivan from Moskau.
    DuoDrive Haldex, with which you electronically can choose in 4 steps how much power goes to the sidecar wheel. 0-100% 1)Allday riding on street and easy dirt. 2) Wet grass, slick fire lanes, snow. 3) Mud, mud, mud. 4) Dunes or sand 100% locked. Gear reduction 1:5,05. Changing gears, while you’re riding. 12 gears front, reverse gear also 12 gear. Getrag stuff. White Power Schocks. All wheels the same 195/80-15 car tires. Single arm LL. Hight adjustment. Lowest speed 4 KmH. Top speed 155 KmH. This thing wil run straight up a wall.
    Possible for any bike.
    Etc, etc, etc…..
    (Don’t like the chair, but that can be changed easily).
    Richard-NL :bmwrider

(Would have put it in the "bicycles and tricycles, let's see them thread, put that seemed just not appropriate. Mods please move it over there, if it belongs there.)
  2. Sidecarjohn

Sidecarjohn SidecarJohn Supporter

Oddometer:
    This very special interpretation of a sidecar outfit is something else. However, what is something like this likely to cost ?
    It's all a question of whether, or not, to stop eating, paying bills, etc. Decisions, decisions............
  3. DirtDabber

DirtDabber cultural illiterate

Oddometer:
    Wow.
  4. outfit

outfit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look's a bl""dy nightmare to me. Far too complicated/specialized for roadside maintenance. Wonder if the like's'll be around in 30 yrs. Hey,ho:wink:
  5. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

"IF" I were wealthy enough to afford such a rig, I would buy it NOW, however my finances limit me to the Russian built rig.
  6. TebKLR

TebKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really neat, but not a WWID kind of thing (I'm thinkin'). They'd prolly opt for 1WD or maybe a shaft driven 2WD for the simplicity of the thing....afterall, that's why I bought a Ural. And I have no family connections back to Russia. :evil
  7. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:
    So this thing will do 155 KPh ( 96 MPH) in reverse ? I'd like to see the guy with balls big enough to try it!!

Its a marvel in engineering, The workmanship is top-notch as well. I would guess the price is way out of my range but its nice to look at.
  8. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got a price list a couple of years ago, lost it when my old computer died. From what I remember a rig like the one pictured would be $50k +, counting the price of a new GS. Way out of my league, but actually reasonable for the craftsmanship involved.
  9. UTE

UTE Gateway to Nevada

Oddometer:
    Wow - what a beautiful bike. I'd love to try it out.

Bill
  10. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    Thats ALOT of stuff to break or not work in the middle of nowhere !!!.
  11. lesman

lesman Live easy, Brake Hard

Oddometer:
    That is one cool setup. So complicated only a German Engineer could appreciate it. This guy has incredible fab skills.

Les
  12. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats why the Soviets stayed with the Ural/Dnepr for 50 years even though more "capable" rigs were available to them.
    A 19 year old conscript, or farmer can do service, maintenance or a complete rebuild in the field with basic hand tools. Sacrificing ability for sustainability.
  13. SamM

SamM Jeep Overlander

Oddometer:
    I contacted Mobec a number of years ago, asking about a 2WD conversion for my KTM 950. They claimed that they did conversions on this motorcycle. I figured I buy the parts as I could afford them and build my bike as the funds came about. What I found out was that each bike is really a custom one off that requires the bike to be shipped to their facility for the conversion. They also could not quote me a price for the conversion. It was a, "ship it to us and we'll let you know" sort of thing! Yeah, right! That's going to happen!

Nice machine. Way too complicated for the cash outlay that is involved. It's a $50,000+ conversion. I could see doing it, if you were going to sell everything a travel fulltime with it. What kind of spares would you need though? :lol3

SamM
  14. Stuffyyff

Stuffyyff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That rig is way beyond cool.