Buyer beware- ADVMonster lighting

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by crash a-ron, Jun 11, 2019.

1. dietDrThunder

dietDrThunder Why so serious, son?

Oddometer:
    This is consistent with the "customer service" that I experienced with ADVMonster. Don't be bothered by people who will vehemently assert that it is not possible that the only person at fault here is you. You will get private messages from people who agree with you re: their crap service, and you will hear various accounts of mods deleting threads that are negative in nature regarding ADVMonster. I have no idea why this is, but it is.

I am pretty confident that the extreme pro-ADVMonster bias shown by members and mods alike on this forum is the sole reason that the 'company' such as it is continues to exist.

Sorry about your luck.
  2. dietDrThunder

dietDrThunder Why so serious, son?

Oddometer:
    You are not alone. There is a mysterious and unwarranted pro-ADVMonster bias here, for reasons that continue to elude scores of unhappy customers.
    Dan Diego, 2 SPOT, Stasher1 and 3 others like this.
  3. crash a-ron

crash a-ron mmm...burnt steel Supporter

Oddometer:
    **Update**

After 5 weeks of zero communication from this vendor, I filled a case with PayPal. Only then did ADVmonster reply, and then only to PayPal. He blamed me for the problems and declared no refund, so after another week I escalated the problem to PayPal direct.

Just a few hours later PayPal found in my favor and refunded my full purchase price immediately, as it was justified.

Pity that ADVmonster has such terrible customer service that I had to file a complaint.

Buyer beware indeed.
  4. Motomantra

Motomantra Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    Thank you.
    crash a-ron likes this.
  5. bcbullet

bcbullet From eh to zed

Oddometer:
    "Super Supporter" banner. The vendor has one. Follow the dollars as yet another website monetizes the shit out of what used to be a group of enthusiasts sharing content. Now the content is no longer shared, it is sold. As long as our contributions continue to be monetized, let the dishonest vendors and such fund the site. You will see no supporter banner under my name.
  6. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had to do battle with Sanjoh over a defective light and he blamed it on me. I told him no dice it came this way. He did send a replacement but made me feel like I was screwing him in the process. I vowed to never buy and to steer my fellow riders away from him. Pity! Doesn’t need to be this way.
  7. ghostrider990

ghostrider990 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interesting thread.
    This (and other reviews) lead me to buy Denalis last week.
    You always seem to get what you pay for.

I am active on another motorcycle community, and i too have seen this "drinking of the koolaid" by the forum administrators protecting known vendors, at cost to the members.
    Should we be surprised?? Money is king. We need look no further than our elected leaders and how they conduct best practices on a daily basis to see how this scheme works.

Buyer beware. I'm voting with my wallet.

gr
    Dan Diego and crash a-ron like this.
  8. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Turning this thread into a bitch fest about suspected forum admin favoritism towards this particular vendor, which I very much doubt is the case, is a good way to get it booted for being off topic. Keep it about the vendor's ethics and customer service if the intent is to make others aware.
    OzRider64, Tall Man and 2 SPOT like this.
  9. jdrocks

jdrocks Gravel Runner

Oddometer:
    i haven't bought any light sets from ADVmonster recently, but i did several years ago without any problems with service. i broke one of his lights on a moto flop, sent it back for a rebuild, he returned it in like new condition pretty much for the cost of shipping. i also exchanged a light that didn't seem to work quite right, no problem there either. as i recall, he included a set of plastic lens protectors gratis in the return package.

if i had problems with this vendor, i'd say so...but i haven't.
  10. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I did not move the posts, but suspect that they were in his thread, as such, he can report them and they would have been booted. This is a stand alone thread, that is not in vendors. There is not any terms of service violations that would send it to head explody, so even if it were reported, the report would be rejected. If this were posted in Vendors it might be moved out, same if it were posted in his vendor thread.

Also, members that contribute are not treated any differently than a non-contributing member.
    Dan Diego and crash a-ron like this.
  11. Graniteone

Oddometer:
    For the record, I think Advrider participants should be able to report vendors with poor performance in their Vendor threads as it will help keep them honest. We should at the very least have a section connected to the Fleamarket where we can report poor sellers / buyer beware. Most of the better hobby sites I frequent offer this.

Here is an example. https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/bad-sellers-buyer-beware.352/

S~
  12. barnyard

Oddometer:
    This is the place, right here. If not here, JM or Shiny Things or Inmates. The key to making it usable for other inmates is making it easily retrievable via a search. The OP here, did that. The vendor name is in the thread and the inmate is tagged in the thread and anyone reading it can plainly see that there has been no response. To me, that speaks volumes.

We have problems with very few and most respond very well to peer pressure brought on by a good JM dogpile. Inmates that continue to suck in the FM get the boot.
  13. Graniteone

Oddometer:
    Just allow it to exist in the vendor threads then. Can’t be easier to search than that. I still vote for a bad seller , buyer beware sticky as well. It has proven to work in lots of quality forums of a similar nature.
    bcbullet and Whodatschrome like this.
  14. barnyard

Oddometer:
    You are welcome to start one in Inmates or in this sub.
  15. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now that Paypal has finished their investigation we would be happy to comment.

OP was aware of our store policies before ordering, yet he did not report a problem until past the refund cutoff date. Recognizing that he did not choose the best H4 led for his BMW Xch G650X, we offered a refund so when the H4R3 came back in stock, he could purchase that. We would have offered an exchange if product was in stock.

We dropped the ball on getting back to the customer once we received the return and have apologized for the delay. The cause of which have been addressed.

OP currently has a store credit for the product he purchased, then returned, thanks to Paypal's investigation.
  16. Bigbugberg

Bigbugberg De oppresso liber Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those of you trying to get your money back I feel for you. For those that were interested in purchasing the lights, you're not missing anything. They may be bright but the rest of the light sucks.
    crash a-ron likes this.
  17. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    It wasn't the best choice because it didn't fit his bike even though it was advertised that it fit his bike? If the OP is being factual in that the description said it fit his bike when in reality does not, that hardly seems like an error on his part.
    2talltom, crash a-ron and VanXR like this.
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Purveyor of Light Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Never advertised as fitting his bike. Why did it take 3 weeks to let us know about the issue, then demand a refund.

Customer still has store credit.
    OzRider64 likes this.
  19. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I asked for a refund, I would be pretty pissed if you gave me store credit instead, especially if I decided I didn't want to do business with you. You are essentially just keeping his money.
  20. Graniteone

Oddometer:
    Just my .02. Not everyone plugs their new kit / part on to their bike right when they get it. I think within 30 days should be sufficient.
    Madman4049, Boatman, 2talltom and 2 others like this.