Buying from Motion de?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Candubrain, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am considering buying a Schuberth E1 helmet

When googling for Cdn dealers, this website came up
    https://www.motoin.de/search.php?keywords=Schuberth E1

With their sale on, the helmets are almost 1/2 the price we pay at Cdn online stores.

I expect there to be duty on top of HST to pay, but does anyone know how much extra I would be paying? Shipping is free to Canada.

I wore Schuberths in the past, so getting the correct size is not an issue if I order on line.

thanks
    brian
  2. Zapkat

Zapkat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Be careful. There has been some discussion over on the MOA site about Schuberth helmets being offered at great prices. They turned out to be fakes. You might want to contact Schuberth directly through their website and verify that this is an authorized seller.

Copied from the MOA forum:
    (And only one example, probably)
    -------------------

This site is fake:

http://schuberthhelmetsusa.com/

This site advertised deep discounts on Schuberth Helmets. A member on the R1200GS.info forum reported it as "Too good to be true."

It is, here's a response from the real Schuberth:

Hello Ian,
    Thank you for your inquiry. Schuberthhelmetusa.com is not a site affiliated with SCHUBERTH at all as we have found out from others that they may be a scam taking people’s money. We are currently working on getting them taken down. Unfortunately, this is not the first time a fake site has sprouted up. www.schuberth.com will be our main website. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Brian Lee
    Technical Support Manager
    Candubrain and Steve G. like this.
  3. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Hey Brian, its a roll of the dice as to how much the post office dings you. I had to pay full pull on a pair of Sidi Adventure boots from www.fc-moto.de , some report having good luck, others like me not so much. What initially was a hell of a deal turned out to just be a deal, so Im still ok with that. I think there was a thread in this forum on buying from FC-Moto with some examples.

May just depend on what they put on the receipt for value or name of item and what the duty on that is. I believe "footware" has larger duties, maybe helmets are better:dunno Only one way to find out:D
    Candubrain likes this.
  4. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The appearance is looking somewhat legit, physical address for item pick-up (from website) is
    Rotter Bruch 26a
    DE - 52068 Aachen
    After duties, taxes, and every charge they can dream up does this still offer enough value to afford the attendant risk?
  5. Electrical

Electrical Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the US helmets are categorized as "safety" equipment and exempt from custom's duties. Not so in Canada?

Regarding fakes, I've never had issues with Motoin.
    Candubrain likes this.
  6. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing to add into the supply of Schuberth, other than I
    Love the quality of their product, trying them on and studying their finer points,,,,, I absolutely do not have a ‘Schuberth head’. None of their stuff fits me, and I’m sad for it.