Buying tires in Canada.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drif10, May 26, 2020.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Didn't think I should clutter up the F9 thread, here's my experience:

Fortnine is okay, not bad prices, their stock claims have been reliable, but the last couple of months they have been slow to ship.

Bayside Performance. They're Lower Mainland, been good to deal with, even though I'm shipping to Ontario. You left coasters might make out here.

Pete's Superbike has been quick, and great prices. Some of their prices don't list, you gotta click that link and they'll email you the price, but it's reliable and fast. They didn't list a size I needed for one tire at all, I was really sure it was available, emailed them direct on that, they fixed it quick. So they got the sale.

DSP does tires, but I haven't been having much luck with them overall on stuff, kinda soured me on them. Others have had great experiences. :dunno

Got any other good suggestions? :ear
  2. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Much lesser selection at Royal Distributing but I've bought multiple sets of Kendas there before for my DRZ.

MX1 Canada is the (only?) go to for Mitas

Everything else of mine has come from Pete's Superbike.
    pvwheeler likes this.
  3. filterx

filterx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I don't buy from my local shops its usually Fortnine and ya my last or took quite awhile to ship but once it did, Canada Post got it here pretty quick.

Maybe Gnarly Parts but I've bought tires from them before.

We can buy tires from places in the USA like RMATV but our exchange rate sucks so even if the shipping is free most likely more expensive than local or Fortnine.
  4. Emway

Emway Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought my tires from GP Bikes for a good 15 years. No complaints really. The last 2 sets however, I've bought from Pete's Superbike.
    If someone has better pricing, I've yet to find it. As you mention, a small inconvenience emailing them to get their actual price, but they respond quickly. I'll probably get my next set from them too.
  5. Taylorericjohn

Taylorericjohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have had good luck in the past with buying from Twisted throttle (formerly A vicious cycle). I haven't bought from them in awhile though so not sure how their prices stack up now.
  6. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Twisted Canada is just a warehousing and shipping company that handles their product, from what I've seen. Went by their address a while back, that's what I saw. I think TT USA bought out Viscious, then transitioned to the.
    Maggot12 and Night_Wolf like this.
  7. Taylorericjohn

Taylorericjohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gotcha may well be. I haven't been in since it switched over from A Vicious.
  8. Sandy346

Sandy346 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last years skins were from Fortnine. No complaints. Previous set Pete’s superbikes. Again no complaints. I did get a quote from local guys but they could not come close in price. Unfortunately! With tires I get them shipped direct to my work or my firehall just so I know someone is there to receive. I have used Bayside and GP for other parts again “all good”. Just do your research on the tires you want and read legit reviews from riders that have had tires for several hundred miles on them.
  9. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually Blackfoot out of Calgary had the best prices for my last set of tires, plus they price matched on the SW Motec parts that I wanted. Free shipping too.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  10. Slow Toast

Slow Toast pfft

Oddometer:
    613 Motorsports has become my go-to. If Pete's or Fnine has a price, I call, and they generally beat it. Their website is not good, (c'mon guys!!!:baldy) but on the phone, or in person they're beyond great.
    juames likes this.
  11. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    Been using Fort Nine for a few years for tires and recently hit them up for some specialty oils. Seems they take a little longer to ship during the summer months when they're (presumably?) busier, but it hasn't caused any major inconvenience.

Happy to continue using them and their helpful, informative and easily navigable website.
    kruzuki, Night_Wolf and EmmEff like this.
  12. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    I was out Calgary way for work in Feb - had time to kill before my flight home so I stopped by at Blackfoot.
    Wow, super nice bunch of people - said I was just there to kill some time before my flight and they hooked me up with a tour of the place, including some vintage machines that belong to the owner. Met the online crew and spoke with several of the managers. I forget how much friendlier is the rest of Canada, they had no idea how much of a celebrity I am back home and they still made me feel welcome.
    The coffee was pretty good too.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  13. BetterLateThanNever

BetterLateThanNever It turns out you can't delete your account...

Oddometer:
    My only issue with FortNine has been the age of the tires. If that's not something you're concerned with, then they're pretty consistently hard to beat.
    Longrider9 likes this.
  14. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    Been buying tires from them pretty consistently for four or five years for a decent fleet of varried motorcycles and it's never been an issue.

What exactly was your experience and how was it addressed?
  15. JoWhee

JoWhee Deviant but not dangerous.

Oddometer:
    I’ve dealt with 613 twice now. Both times I’ve been very disappointed. Fool me once, fool me twice, I’m a slow learner.
  16. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Ordered from Pete's Tuesday, received tires today, Friday.

If there's one thing I've really liked with Pete's, it's that they've been reliable. They've got what they say they do, and they get it out the door.
    yamalama, EmmEff and Cal like this.
  17. Littlepeter

Littlepeter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pete's has been the best in my experience.
  18. BetterLateThanNever

BetterLateThanNever It turns out you can't delete your account...

Oddometer:
    The tires - Avon Distanzias - were three years old when I received them. TBH, I didn't bother complaining... age is not a 'defect' in any sense that would entitle me to a refund. I mounted them up and took my chances. They came off the bike 18 months later due to sidewall cracking.

As I said earlier, not everybody worries about tire age, and not every old tire is a problem depending on how it was stored and lord knows what else. But I'm picky about it, and should have returned them on the spot. Still, I thought it was worth mentioning as a potential risk of ordering online.
  19. gt750

gt750 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IN Edmonton, Alberta Cycle is very competitive, usually coming in lower than F9. If they have a set of tires that's a year or two old, then you can get an even better deal. For other times, F9 is also good.
  20. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use Blackfoot because they will match internet pricing. However, they sometimes have trouble with availability (Mitas E07's) so I had to go to F9 (had the tire in stock). Have used F9 and Petes lots and have been happy but will buy locally if I can.
    Cal likes this.