bwhip's phototastic two-wheeled adventures thread

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by bwhip62, Mar 18, 2015.

1. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Life is not a race

Oddometer:
    Curious then Brian...SLC or PDX for this purchase and why? Is one of those dealers better than the other? We have a dealer here in Spokane but not very well liked/trusted.
  2. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Hyper was a used one I found locally (surprisingly!) on Craigslist, with just 1700 miles on it. I bought both of my Multistradas (one in 2010, one in 2016) from MotoCorsa in Portland, mostly because I have a great relationship with their (now former) General Manager, Arun, who made me a great deal on both. I did buy my Tuono from Harrison Motorsports in SLC, who is also the Ducati dealer (and no longer an Aprilia dealer). The experience there was very good, I just haven't dealt with them as much. When I shopped for the Multi back in '16, I gave several different dealerships a shot at the sale, but MotoCorsa came through with the best overall package for me. The seller of the Hyper bought it at Harrison in SLC also, and said they weren't happy with them (though I didn't get details as to why). I haven't had the opportunity to deal with the Spokane shop.
  3. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    Got it...thnx!
  4. glasshousebc

glasshousebc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Some absolutely brilliant photos in this RR... read it over the last 2 days... superb photos.

Cheers matey.
    Fast1 likes this.
  5. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, thanks so much! :beer
    glasshousebc likes this.
  6. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Managed to take a little ride over to the Oregon coast over the weekend. Had originally hoped to do four days of riding, but had to shorten it to three due to a work issue. A good work issue - after many weeks of very intense effort and negotiations, we landed a huge project with a favorite client. However, it starts in just a couple of weeks, so I had to get back to get the ball rolling on it!

Anyway, still managed to get about 850 miles of fantastic riding in, on many of my favorite roads (and a few new gems). Because I knew I'd be riding mostly roads I'd already ridden (or driven last year in the M2), I left the big camera at home and just brought along the little pocket cam and iPhone. Of course, I still had to stop at several places along the way to shoot some photos. It's just too spectacular not to. Not quite as scenic along the coast as it can be - it was in the high 40's and foggy on Saturday morning when I was there, but just a few miles inland there were bright blue skies and highs in the 80's all weekend.

As always, the riding over there was just fantastic. I simply can't believe the abundance of amazing riding/driving roads there. What a gift.

Nice sunset when I arrived at the hotel in Bandon, OR on Friday night.

[​IMG]

Cold and foggy Saturday AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Damn traffic

[​IMG]

Even when it's gray, it's always fun to ride along the Pacific

[​IMG]

Bridge across the river at Gold Beach

[​IMG]

Riding up the river, a really fun road

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hundreds of miles of fun curves

[​IMG]

Tyee Road is a great one I always enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Siuslaw River Road is my favorite road in Oregon. And that's saying a lot, as I have so many. But this one. Unreal.

[​IMG]

Most of it is through tunnels of dense forest, but in this section it opens up to the sky a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oregon roads make me very happy. This was Sunday morning on the way home.

[​IMG]

As always, the Multistrada was the perfect mount for the job. Comfortable, fast, and fun. I can't get enough of the sound of that big twin bellowing out its throaty note when accelerating out of a turn, or up a big hill. And the burbles and pops on decel when braking are icing on the cake. Awesome bike.

Very grateful for another amazing ride in such a magnificent place!
  7. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    Bwhip... Living the dream once again. :clap
    bwhip62 likes this.
  8. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love your pics and share your passion for Ducati's. My 2016 821 Stripe is up for sale as arthritis is making the hunched over riding position too uncomfortable. I'll replace it with a Multistrada 950 and hope to get the touring benefits of the 1200 but "racier" engine of the Hyper 939 as they share the same engine. I say racier because it has less power/torque which means I get to use more power more easily and "have" to work the bike harder to go fast.

Thanks for the inspiration. I'll make several of these routes this summer.

NC
    bwhip62 likes this.