bwhip's phototastic two-wheeled adventures thread

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by bwhip62, Mar 18, 2015.

1. philthyphil

philthyphil Nomad

Oddometer:
    Zubb, that place is called the Lochsa Lodge. Great area with fantastic food. Glad you came out ok.
    Zubb likes this.
  2. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reminder, on the name.
    Two college guys came by in a ratty forerunner. They were counting wolves for the state game Dept. I threw my side cases and self in the bed and they drove me back there
    @bwhip62 stories always light me up. So many good memories and roads in Idaho. .
    Fast1, bwhip62 and klaviator like this.
  3. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure that I have an addiction. To fast, beautiful, Italian works of art.

A few weeks back, I was having strong, irrational impulses to buy a gorgeous V4 superbike. I needed someone to talk me out of it. I knew it was totally impractical and unnecessary. Lots of other needs, now and in the future. So, I reached out to some reasonable people I know to steer me in the prudent direction. First was my buddy Etienne, who said "I definitely think you should buy it." No help there. Next, the very level-headed Zoltan, who said "I definitely think you should buy it." Arrrggghhh. Enablers everywhere. Nice guys, for sure. But total moto-addicted enablers. Okay, I'll do the unthinkable. I told Mrs. Whip what I was thinking. "I definitely think you should buy it." :baldy Probably feeling guilty from adding a couple of new puppies to our tiny house.

So, being outvoted by these rational, reasonable people - what could I do?Found a great deal on this masterpiece. 2018 Panigale V4 S Speciale. If it wasn't a Ducati, I'd swear that my buddy Tim must have owned it previously. Never seen a bike with 3500 miles on it this meticulously cared for. I can't take my eyes off of it.

200 HP at the wheel. Sounds very, very angry. In a good way. Lovely, impossible mixture of raw and refined.

Incredibly stoked and grateful, to say the least.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Totally ridiculous. Totally unnecessary. Totally impractical.

And I'm completely in love, and completely flabbergasted that this spectacular work of insanely fast Italian art is in my garage.
    BigDogRaven, mikegc, Steve H. and 9 others like this.
  4. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh no. Now you've done it!
  5. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

congrats...theres nothing quite like the sound of a V4 moto engine...I have 3 Honda V4s in my garage...they are addicting
    bwhip62 and MUDHWY like this.
  6. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Waiting for that day

Oddometer:
    What he said...V4 madness is easy to catch, hard to cure. Except with more V4's of course.

Congrats...Bellissimo!
    mikegc, bwhip62 and sion like this.
  7. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    Brian...would love to see the whole stable represented in one photo if you have such an image or can pose one. That is quite a magnificent collection you have!
    klaviator, Thumperama and bwhip62 like this.
  8. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much! It certainly feels like a dream. I tell my friends that I'm overcompensating for when I was a kid and all my friends had motocross bikes (we lived in the desert in SoCal), and they'd never let me get one.

I did shoot a couple of quick "Italian Family Photos" last week. The only family member missing is our exchange student - the Aprilia RSV4 track bike, which is at my friend's home in Quebec.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know that there are people with even more nice bikes, or Ferraris, or whatever - but to me this is just an unbelievable dream. Very grateful, to say the least.
  9. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    I hate you.:lol2
    bwhip62 likes this.
  10. staticPort

staticPort Meditrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are living a very beautiful dream, indeed! And because you have chosen to share a bit of it here through your beautiful photography we can dream as well. Thank you, Sir!
    klaviator, bwhip62 and MUDHWY like this.
  11. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ahh, thank you so much!
  12. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Added an edit above to my most recent adventure - specifically the issue of needing to adjust my loose chain:

* [Edit: Okay, so I’m officially an idiot. A few days after the trip I discovered that, although there isn’t much in the minimalist underseat toolkit on a Multistrada - two of the three tools it does have, include a 10mm Allen wrench and a chain adjuster tool. What a dope. :baldy ]
    klaviator, MUDHWY and manx16 like this.
  13. staticPort

staticPort Meditrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not an idiot, but perhaps getting a taste of the pleasures of being "chronologically gifted" :photog
    klaviator, MUDHWY and bwhip62 like this.
  14. Duanob

Duanob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man, have you ever been tested for AMD?

"Attention Motorcycle Deficit"
    bwhip62 likes this.
  15. twowings

twowings Rethinking Reality...

Oddometer:
    I hate you more!

Bella machina!!!
    bwhip62 likes this.
  16. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    MBD

Multiple Bike Disorder
    bwhip62 and twowings like this.
  17. b4thenite

b4thenite Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love Duc. No Japanese design can't come even close.
    bwhip62 likes this.
  18. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, that's my story as well. My friends had those lawnmower engine powered mini bikes when I was a kid but my parents wouldn't let me get one. I didn't get my first bike until I was 22 and I have been overcompensating ever since.

Congrats on the new addition to your collection. It must be tough deciding which bike to ride!
    gulfcoaster and bwhip62 like this.
  19. bwhip62

bwhip62 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had planned to take a long ride over in Oregon on Saturday of the three-day weekend, but my big home tree trimming project turned out to be massive. So, instead it was three separate short-ish rides on three of the four sexy Italians (Tuono, Hyper and Pani). About an hour each. Pinching myself over how fortunate I am to have these and be able to ride them on some lovely roads nearby. Each one is completely perfect for me in its own way. Didn't take pics on the Hyper ride, too busy being a hooligan I guess. Snapped a few on the other two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tuono is still my all time favorite bike to ride. Hyper is the most fun bike for lower speed madness. Panigale thrills me like nothing I've ever ridden. So grateful.
    BigDogRaven, Zubb, mikegc and 7 others like this.
  20. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    You're fortunate to have a job which affords you the opportunity to buy such fantastic bikes and a wife who doesn't inhibit such pleasures.
    bwhip62 and MUDHWY like this.