C & E MCC Annual Show Day 2018

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Redback, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:18 PM.

1. Redback

Redback Average aussie bloke

Oddometer:
    Sunday 16 September 2018 Cooper Street Reserve,Engadine
    9.00 am – 2.30 pm
    Entrance Fees: Exhibitors: $3 (includes sausage sizzle)
    Entries accepted 9am -11am Spectators: FREE
    Presentation of Trophies: 1.30pm

1. Who can participate and what is the entry fee?
      All motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to display their bikes. Exhibitors pay a $3.00 entry fee, which covers multiple bikes and includes a sausage sandwich. Hot beverages and soft drinks will be available at additional cost. Public entry to the bike show is FREE.
    2. How do I enter a bike?
      Entries are accepted on the day. There are no prebookings. However, it will help us if you use the email contact below to let us know if you are attending. The gates to the reserve will be open from 8.30 am, with entries accepted from 9 am to 11 am. Entry to the reserve is via Cooper St. There will be marshals on hand to direct you where to park your bike for display. Upon entering a bike and payment of the entry fee you will be given a numbered display sticker, a voting slip and a food ticket.
    3. I will be bringing my bike on a trailer. Can I park my car and trailer on the reserve grounds?
      Our permit from the local council only allows parking for a limited number of vehicles involved in setting up of the event. You will be able to enter the grounds for the purpose of unloading your bike, after which you will need to remove your vehicle from the grounds.
    4. What bikes are eligible to be entered?
      Any motorcycle, including outfits and competition machines from veteran to modern are eligible
    5. How are the bikes judged?
      Judging will be via the votes of the participants. Trophies will be awarded in various categories from veteran and vintage to modern, as well as competition. Winners will be announced at around 1.30pm.
    6. I have some bike parts to sell. Can I set up a small stall?.
      No. Our permit from the local council does not allow for a "swap meet" setup. However, as you will have a great opportunity to meet fellow motor cycle enthusiasts you may find someone looking for the parts that you have at home. Also, you might meet someone who has that elusive part that you're looking for.
    Andrew2 and toecutta like this.
  2. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a goer to me. I was getting it confused with the bike show down the road at Loftus Oval. Never been to that one either but have seen a lot of bikes there on occasion.
  3. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    Seems a proliferation of rally threads lately, maybe we need a calendar rather than individual threads?

Fwiw nrcmcc is currently hosting a rally at Evans head, there's a ride on Saturday to rocky creek dam arriving 1030 then over to wyrallah road public school for lunch and judging. Current entries about 70 bikes and still taking entries. Details etc their website.
    GodSilla likes this.
  4. Redback

Oddometer:
    The Lions Club are having their annual Fair at Gannons Park Lugarno this Sunday also, there are Classic Cars and Bikes there too, my work is part of the team organising it.
  5. Mouse

Mouse I'm only smelly

Oddometer:
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

The bikes weren't conveniently parked up to allowi a group photo.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Not every day perhaps you go to a rally and have to drool over two Vincents...

Lots of kwaka 9s and Honda 4s, one jap, not that many airheads, one Ducati I noticed.

Sorry, I cannot spend long in the sun so bad photos and not enough of them.
    Redback likes this.
  6. Redback

Oddometer:
    Great day, massive turn out of bikes much bigger than the previous event in 2016, caught up with a few friends I hadn't seen for yonks, even a couple of blokes from my work turned up, good to catch up with Andrew2 again we chatted for a couple of hours off and on.

There were a few prizes handed out, none for me I didn't put my vote card in, not really there for that I just like catching up and looking at the bikes.

I'll get some pics up soon as I can.