Cackin it

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nathanthepostman, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm just on an impromptu adventure.. across America.

I'm telling you that so I don't chicken out, and to make sure of that I'm racing down from the north, to the south, Florida, as fast as I can because every time I stop I have doubts and by the time I make it to Florida it'll be too late to turn around and go back.

This is the bike I'm riding...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7594067&l=c984e5201d&id=509264687

I've forgot how to paste the image in. I'll figure out in the next day or so. But I just found the thing in Detroit of all places, outside the municipal police station. She's a bit of a truck; no back break, uses more oil than gas, but she'll get me there, I know it. In fact she's already taken me to Toronto and back, over the border, that was fun. Like the guards of Kazakhstan.

now we're just riding, south, someplace below Detroit, at a McDonalds, but hopefully in Florida by the weekend.

Look out for the stranger on the strange bike.

I think his name is Cack. I think his rider must just have run away with the Indians or something.

this is what i'm singing through the night...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tafqnb5fsK8

Ride safe.
    Nate
  2. peterdejongh

peterdejongh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK Nathan !
    I'm ready for another adventure of that crazy Englishman :D ... go ahead with Cack !
  3. thomas.clark

thomas.clark Uneasy Rider

Oddometer:
    words fail... excitement overload... gleeful jittering overcomes me...

:clap

Coming to Florida?! With Cack?! Don't play around with my heart!

Seriously, my friend, you have a place to crash and a hot meal and beer waiting for you in Orlando. PM sent.
  4. ShiftHead

ShiftHead the f is silent.

Oddometer:
    DOOOOOOOOOOOODE! CACK is the hairy angry cousin to my tame PC. We have SOOO gotta meet so I can buy at least 1 fricking beer man!

I am in the Charlotte NC area. MAKE SURE if you are this way, and you want to sleep sans moola, lemme know. I gotta a spot all setup for ya brotha.

5. DWR302

DWR302 Justan Nudderboomer

Oddometer:
    Nathan, if you need a place to stay in sw Florida, Ft. Myers, just PM me. BBQ and cold beer too. David & Nancy.
  6. BillyBlaze22

BillyBlaze22 SLO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just wonder how jelous Dot is. I spose if yer gonna cheat on her Cack is the 2nd hotest chick at the bar.

Holla if it looks like our pathes will cross bro
  7. Solarmoose

Solarmoose electric Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmm, is cack an upgrade to Dot? a lateral move? or a downward movement? questions questions questions emanating from many cack familiar minds today.
  8. Snr Moment

Snr Moment Unafarkler

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  9. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:
    :lurk

(You might want to check to see if the charging system functions.......)
  10. OneBall

OneBall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What have you done, you've swapped Dot for some fat, ugly, bird! Did you have one too many last night by any chance?:freaky
  11. rtwdoug

rtwdoug prominent underachiever Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Nate!
    See you soon!
    Ride safe, call if you get lost, yadda yadda yadda

Doug
  12. Greenflyfarmer

Greenflyfarmer I'm better now.

Oddometer:
    ADV is strong in central Virginia if you pass through. Never know if you'll need a chainsaw for slight modifcations on that bike. That or a cold beer and a room for the night. Let us know.

:lurk
  13. ShiftHead

ShiftHead the f is silent.

Oddometer:
    Fat chicks need love too...
  14. TLTom

TLTom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Ahhh, Bloody ,buggery bollocks!!! Nathan and Cack in Toronto,and the local fan club missed you both????:eek1
  15. Chinaski

Chinaski Righteous Dude

Oddometer:
    Now THIS is a conspiracy! Nathanthepostman and Vermin have obviously been cooking up mischief. JFK may rise from the grave...
  16. IceCreamSoldier

IceCreamSoldier suffering somewhere

Oddometer:
    I s'pose CA is on your flight path. I don't want to see Cack, I want to hear her. ah, since you are the Postman, may I suggest a Pony Express route ????

Good for you......... thanks Vermin. Someday I will shake your paw.:clap

Oh yeah, I predict " cack" will be posted in Merriam Webster Dictionary in less than 5 years.

Cack- n. that which has transcended it's manufacturer's original purpose via hammers and rocks yielding simpler and more efficient output. v. to reduce technological milestones by sawing, hammering, burning or crashing components so that the net result is a more accurate, reliable , and replaceable cog.
  17. nathanthepostman

Oddometer:
    I'm a bit bummed to admit this, but the ride's off, before it really even begun.

I just didn't have the belly for it. I hoped by starting up a ride report it would send me on my way, but nah, it just didn't feel right being lost on a bike again... the uncertainty, the questions over where to sleep and what to do if the bike turned around. I just wasn't feeling the vibe. I turned back a few times, before carrying on again. But finally, when the rain fell and the wind blew with a chill I thought instead of a roaring English log fire and turned around, returned the Cack to its rightful owner and am now in NY trying to get a plane home.

I wasn't in the States just to ride a bike, so the trip wasn't necessarily in vain, in a way I got what I came for. Maybe that's why I lacked enthusiasm to ride; I had no reason to this time around.So apologies for starting a thread and then backing down, because I'm disappointed in this as well. Maybe it best the thread is nuked, or perhaps better, leave it as evidence that when you're in the mood you can ride across the world, but when you're not, you can't even make it past Cincinnati.

Sorry, especially to those who offered me and Cack a bed.

18. rtwdoug

rtwdoug prominent underachiever Supporter

Oddometer:
    well damn, I TOLD you Deliverance was just fiction (mostly) & not to be skeered of comin south!

Bummer, I was lookin forward to meeting you.

Doug
  19. nathanthepostman

Oddometer:
    Likewise Doug,

I guess the thing was I never really regrouped from the book writing thing. I just put the pen down and then shot off again. And it was too soon. So I think my plan is to go home, get Dot fixed up for the launch in Oz next Feb, then see about getting her here after. Hopefully then I'll be able to do a proper job of it. And make her squeal like a piggie.
  20. SplitDitch

SplitDitch Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nothing to be sorry about. Often it's just not the right time. We'll catch you on your next adventure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.