CADVR RALLY 9 8/12-8/21 16' "Danger Wheelie Over the Crack of Doom"

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Bonebag, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Bonebag

Bonebag ADDvrider

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin..Hot,Cold and everything in Between
    Yeah..you got a live with it...no use buying a texas vehicle..it's going to rust like crazy within a year or so if you run it in the winter. I only know a handful of people that have enough cash to keep a set of cars in the garage from October to April.
  2. C Squared

C Squared Now with TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I keep mine in a heated garage when I'm not driving them in the salt.
    OU812 and chopperito like this.
  3. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dealt with the salt in Idamaho in the mid-60s, then in Connectimacut in the mid-70s. Can't imagine ever subjecting myself to that (and in the case of CT, the gawdawful tax structure!) again! Wasn't in either place long enough to have a car rust out from under me, didn't keep 'em long enough.

Aside: CT license plates: LK6246 & MZ2423 - this was during the 1st Gas Crisis! and when I went to register the '69 Barracuda (junkyard 360, 3-on-the-floor {installing stick-shift pedals in an automatic car is not fun}, same junkyard, case of Bud and a dozen dognuts on Saturday morning and "go get what you want" ) the lady at DMV asked if I had another vehicle, I said yes, she asked what the plate number was and gave me an odd number since we were in the "alternate day" scheme to buy gas - COOL!!

Even more aside, lifting that 360 block with the crank in it up and over the sill and into the trunk of my 280SE to take it to the machine shop is why my back's effed up. Could have called my neighbooger for help, but NO! I was young and strong . . . . . and stupid! Where are my Tramadol and Soma? And another Brandy Throwback!
  4. begeberg

begeberg Let it burn....

Oddometer:
    image.png image.png
    Yes indeed, just there in July, 100 year anniversary. The entire Japanese population was there!
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    You're cute when you drink.
    vwboomer likes this.
  6. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
    Crossed the Rockies in December of 2004 in a 4 wheel drive truck, what an trip for a flat lander, up through the ski villages in blinding snow storms, 4 wheel drive the whole way, complete white knuckle for hours on end, that was my first dirt bike trip to Johnson Valley California, done it a couple of times since, via an airplane, I learned my lesson.

Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Washington are the only states I have not driven through in the continental U.S., that's what we really want to do next summer, Crazy Horse, Custer, Devil's Tower, Rushmore and few others are also on my bucket list for that trip, September should be perfect.
    MikeyT likes this.
  7. garfey

Oddometer:
    I know . . . too bad I was on Anti-B's when there and couldn't show y'all how it's done. :photog

(Actually, as I've gotten older I find it more fun to sip a little and watch the amateurs, maybe even take a pic or two. Getting up with the sun's not a problem, either,)
    pigjockey likes this.
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Actually, this is sober Garfey. If you woulda hung around you would know this.
    Blue Mule and vwboomer like this.
  9. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    IMHO, just drive past Crazy horse. Mt. Rushmore is almost the same. They really hype it up, but once there it's like "oh, lower case wow, let's go get ice cream!" Coulda talked all about it Saturday night, but like Driffy, you were nowhere to be found!

Wind and Jewel cave, Minuteman missile site and a few other national parks were far more interesting.

I would suggest getting one of these https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Your-National-Parks-Collectors/dp/1590911768 and one of these https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm I was amazed how much it cost to get into the parks just to piddle a round for half a day. The missus got the Access pass due to her service connected disability...........after we got back:bluduh.
    Moose Dog likes this.
  10. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    :scratch and people on that forum were saying it's a good deal. Guess we're a bit different up here :deal

Rust = less weight = better mileage.
  11. MikeyT

MikeyT Krusty Olde Pharte

Oddometer:
    If you have time, the Wind River Canyon in WY, and Palouse Falls and the North Cascades Highway in WA are worth the effort. Flathead Lake in MT as well.
    Blue Mule and Moose Dog like this.
  12. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Much love was had. ;) FOT2C82.jpg
  13. Bonebag

Bonebag ADDvrider

Oddometer:
    Walked by the liquor cabinet today around noon...and had to stop myself from grabbing a snort of woodford from the bottle...hard getting back to real life after being up there :D
    OU812 likes this.
  14. garfey

Oddometer:
    PM . . . ahhh ... errrm ... "Conversation" coming atcha. :deal
  15. Icecold Dan

Icecold Dan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I made it home last night, a few days ahead of schedule. Despite the rain, I still had a great time in the North Woods with you fine folks. For years I've heard what a great rally CADVR is and it didn't disappoint. A huge thank you to Geoff and Brittany, as well as the rest of the support crew for all your work putting on an outstanding event.

It was great to see so many familiar faces, and also put faces to names. The campground was first rate, and the town of Boulder Junction was very welcoming.

Thanks again!
  16. Bonebag

Bonebag ADDvrider

Oddometer:
    Hockey Jerseys
    Snafu on that one..and sorry about the delay for the few folks who ordered them. Finally got a supplier that can do what I want without gouging us too hard and getting the product that I wanted. So order is going in on Monday but I figured I'd let you guys have another shot at it if you want on. These are reebok pro jerseys with Twill numbers and names sewn on..not printed on. Printed on is ok but it's not authentic..it is cheaper but if your going this far might as well have the real deal. Here's approx what they will look like..they are avail S,M L,XL and XXL. The suggested sizing is if you like them loose fitting to order your regular shirt size. They will take about 2 weeks to get done. Brit will ship them out. They will have your name on the back and the number 9 sewn on the back and the sleeves with a logo like this on the front. They are 115.00 (pretty much cost plus or minus a buck depending on how much they nail us for logo set up) Again..the numbers and names will be sewn on. email me at cook@cookphotograph.com or text me at 9202165077 for more info or if you want one. I can put whatever name you want on the back...even if it's not yours hockey lowres.jpg Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 11.01.10 AM.png
  17. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

Will you tie my strings for me?
    OU812 and Bonebag like this.
  18. Bonebag

Bonebag ADDvrider

Oddometer:
    Oohs...stop it
    OU812 likes this.
  19. martint7271

martint7271 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's lace em up.
    OU812 likes this.
  20. no

no dreaming adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bad luck for me, but just set the dates. It'll never work for everyone.
    OU812 likes this.