Cagiva Gran Canyon Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Ktapply, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone purchased hand guards that are a bolt on fit? I’ve been told bark busters s1 guards fit. But no one has confirmedv
  2. Swack

Swack Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. Swack

Swack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had to trim the inside tip from touching the fairing but I have risers and CR high bend bars. Check out the Yahoo group or the Facebook group for other suggestions. I have seen many different guards used but not sure of the bars or any mods needed. I think the Bark busters are supposed to work well. Before trimming mine only barely touched at full lock. The reason I like them is they only attach at the bar end
  5. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the info. While I love and use the yahoo groups page it’s very difficult to navigate and sift information through. I have also heard that bark busters s1 guards are direct fit but don’t know if with risers or different handlebars. Just don’t want to buy something that doesn’t work.
  6. Swack

Swack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Think I saw your post on the FB page. If you do a search in that group for "Handguards" it should turn up some info. I think I remember from years past that the Barkbuster S1 (Storm, I believe) are a good fit and work well, also guards from BMW R1100GS work. The reply on FB's stated that 99% of the choices hit at full lock, although just barely in a lot of cases. I just cut the part that was hitting on mine and it works fine to keep the wind off and the occasional branch at bay. I don't ride mine off road much anymore for fear of damaging some unobtanium plastic (tanks). I have a $700 85 DR600 beater that I take on the rough stuff. Good luck
  7. Fearless

Fearless Brutally Honest Supporter

Oddometer:
    Like Swack says, BMW guards work. Wanna say I had a set off an 1150 on mine till I swapped to the 1 1/8 high CR bars, then they didn't fit anymore. And I too bought another bike (a Transalp) to protect 'Gina from an off road getoff.... Body Parts for her are just too hard to come by.
  8. Swack

Swack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Those TransAlps are pretty cool, I've always wanted one but they always seem to come up for sale at the wrong time. I'd still be afraid to take that in the rough too, too pretty.
  9. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info everyone. Yea I don’t do any crazy off roading it’s more for wind protection and use of hippo hands in colder weather. I have heard the r1100gs guards work but have not confirmed which years fit?

also if anyone can confirm the barkbuster s1 storm guards fit with oem bars I would love that so I can pull the trigger!!
  10. wilco1v

wilco1v n00b

Oddometer:
    suzuki dl650 and dl1000 handguard are close fit ,with a little mod on the bar end weights and some little things to do
    i have more picture.s to guid you

Attached Files:

Swack likes this.
  11. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am interested in some more pictures! Are you using stock oem handlebars and no bar raisers?
  12. cagiva549

cagiva549 whats a cagiva

Oddometer:
    No hand guards that mount inside to the bars will fit , some can be bolted on but they will severely limit your turning radius because they will hit the windshield long before the steering stops . Two of my bikes have BMW guards and one will defiantly be coming off because as much as I like hand guards I like my bike to turn in tight places more .
  13. Mtraikov

Mtraikov Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What about the Barkbusters S1 Storm guards with Motech Bar risers?
  14. Kyleboi

Kyleboi n00b

Oddometer:
    A local dealer has a gran canyon for sale at a really good price .of course there is a catch. They don't have the ignition key or in fact the whole ignition lock as one of their mechanics tried to match it and then lost it. Do the cagivas have RFID and if so where could the key be programmed? At a Ducati dealer? Thanks for the help.

Kyle
  15. alfred jorgensen

alfred jorgensen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not to the best of my knowledge, ignition lock is the same as the one used on many Moto Guzzi models.
  16. Kyleboi

Kyleboi n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I didn't get the bike as I am in the middle of a cross country move. The dealer still has it if anyone here is interested. They offered it to me for 500 bucks out the door, with all luggage included. The plastics looked decent too. The bike is in mountain home ID, near Boise.

Attached Files:

17. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer

Oddometer:

I'd like to thank Kyleboi for passing the info on this GC on to me . I made the deal over the phone , 500 out the door , hired a uShip driver to cart it to Kentucky and it's now in the garage.
    Extras include Hepco-Becker crashbars with L.E.D. lights mounted to them , saddlebag mounts , 3 Pelican cases , 2 document cases , 1 Rotopax mount , heated grips , a 12 volts source on the handle bars and unseen in the photo Staintune exhaust cans.
    The ignition switch is missing ,so I haven't tried to get it running , but , I'm a happy Cagiva owner now.
    sonnystile likes this.
  18. Kyleboi

Kyleboi n00b

Oddometer:
    Glad it worked out for you. Unfortunately I wasnt able to get it myself. But hey, if you ever want to sell let me know, I'm down in ft Rucker Al now!
    bk brkr baker likes this.
  19. paquo

paquo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dude that is amazing, congrats
  20. BobintheMtns

BobintheMtns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Deal of the Century.. another congrats to you...
    I bet it sounds glorious with the twin staintunes...!