1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Very generous of you Andy. Hopefully there is someone that can take advantage and get lots of use that remain in the gear.

Me, I'm just sitting around letting my right eye heal and getting the left ready for surgery on Tuesday. The first one has been a revelation so once the second is done it should be amazing.
    In the mean time I've been taking pictures and reviewing my new lid.

_MG_1302.jpg
    I'm itching to break it in, but have to wait for both eyes to be healed before I squeeze my face inside again.

_MG_1276.jpg
    Personalized already.

_MG_1310.jpg
    Bit of an optical allusion as by the numbers both are almost identical in size. There is more helmet at the bottom on the Nexx and a less pointy nose but pointier Peak. A double curved visor on the Nexx (flat on the Shoei) is more substantial and seals better. Pinlock came in the box with the helmet.

_MG_1297.jpg
    Looks good in Street mode although its unlikely I will use it like that. I had to try though.

I have a new Quick Strap to go on the new helmet that will attach to optional plates that go on in place of the 6 sided ones behind the visor hinge.
    xscoobysnack, cal08, D'ster and 4 others like this.
  2. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    SAM_2569.JPG SAM_2568.JPG SAM_2567.JPG SAM_2566.JPG The bike is in having the valves checked a Motocity Durango. I had fork seals done here last year and loved their service. This is a job I do myself at home but the labor rate here is excellent. The photos are the free road from Mazatlan to Durango known as the Devils Spine Spectacular road with zero traffic.
  3. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    well Lycan asked for a few phots so heres a few from today. It was a road I have never done before . Durango to San Blas via 23 Started at 7am with temps of 9 and had a high of 36 when I entered Nayarit. Lunch was in Jesus Maria , Pollo Asada salad, rice and a coke for 75 pesos! The views in these Mtns are to die for. By the way I had a valve check at Motocity Suzuki and they replaced the air filter which they had in stock all for 1206 pesos....you do the math! No gas except barrel gas for the last 375 km on this route, did not need any I used 12.5 liter for 375 km! that tells you how twisty this route is. SAM_2583.JPG SAM_2585.JPG SAM_2584.JPG
    knight, Lav1200, Lycan1 and 4 others like this.
  4. Fatallybitten

Fatallybitten Slow and getting slower Supporter

Oddometer:
    I posted a set of lightly used Giant Loop Great Basin saddle bags in the flea market.

I had also posted it on Kijiji and sold it today.
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  5. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Italika 200cc adventure bike owned by a women working at the gas station, she was very proud of it.This bike is a 250 CSC in the states SAM_2599.JPG
    gpfan and Lycan1 like this.
  6. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Morelia Michoacan Nice old colonial city with a modern vibe Second photo is of my $12.00 hotel room City is at 5000 ft so climate is 28 day time and 10 at night. This is my turning point , now going back north. SAM_2640.JPG SAM_2632.JPG SAM_2644.JPG
  7. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Meanwhile in the weird first world:

People fight over the toilet paper at every store selling it for no explainable reason and the price of fuel drops.

Maybe the toilet paper hoarders haven't been paying attention that this new virus is a Respiratory NOT intestinal thing. Making masks with toilet paper or worried the factories will shut down?!?!.

The fuel price makes slightly more sense if everyone is staying home and not using it.

People are lining up before stores open to race to the apocalypse gold isle and fill their carts high with the rolls of little white butt wipes.... What a strange world we live in!
    grashopper and ScooterNoMore like this.
  8. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The plus side is that it wakes folks up to the activities of the string pullers of our culture and society.

Been giving the 690 some wrenching love and attention the last bit. Just waiting on some parts prior to the assembly.
    Lycan1 and ScooterNoMore like this.
  9. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure the Costco or Walmart shoppers would wake up for anything. Don't think just BUY.

I had an amusing mental image of a Walmart greeter in a blue hazmat suit with yellow "Welcome to Walmart" on the front. In the background two armed guards guard the enormous stack of toilet paper. I see a SouthPark episode in the making.

As far as wrenching, looks like we have at least another weekend and a bit to get it done before Mother Nature grants us parole.
    cal08 likes this.
  10. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lots of toilet paper available here in Mexico just no toilet seats in a few of my low budget hotel choices!
  11. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Good for building core strength. The lack of seats. ADV style.
    Cal likes this.
  12. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hoping to fly in to Calgary Wed. morning. IN the mean time today I rode Arizona highway 191 over 3 hours above 8000ft only passed 6 cars on route!! Temps were 12 to 14

SAM_2666.JPG SAM_2665.JPG SAM_2665.JPG SAM_2664.JPG SAM_2661.JPG
    ScooterNoMore, Lycan1, cal08 and 3 others like this.
  13. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  14. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Remember those cheap dry bags that were at Winners? Well, I scored some. I mentioned them to my wife and she kept her eyes open when she was in the store. I ended up with a black 60l bag that I do not need. I got it for $39. Looks like it would be great for those who camp. If anyone wants it, it is up for grabs. Give me a pm or txt and we can meet up. 403-519-5947
    cal08 likes this.
  15. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    You mean your BRAND new 501?! Ouch.
  16. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep. 7hours on the clock and the bike has been out of commission for a month. Waiting on transmission warranty replacement. Nothing catastrophic - just no 6th gear when I tried to use it. Looks like the shift drum was machined incorrectly. Fortunately no collateral damage.
    I’m pretty bummed that my social-distancing can’t include sledbiking. Maybe next week.
    ScooterNoMore and Lycan1 like this.
  17. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Ok, time for a little musical interlude.

A little laughter amidst all the horror of the daily news is healthy.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
    D'ster, ScooterNoMore, AJRJ and 2 others like this.
  18. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200321_121736285.jpg
    Well it's a start......
    manybike and ScooterNoMore like this.
  19. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha Lycan you do this every spring! I see you got your neighbors trained to put away their bins.
    Lycan1 likes this.
  20. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Yes I do. Pre season conditioning.

IMG_20200321_140758106.jpg
    Closer now. Chipping away at my sanity.....

Soon.

But I put away the lazy bastards bins. Some dogs can't be trained, sadly.

If only they would meet me in the middle.

Lav1200 and Cal like this.