Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    I must have been lucky since while I was dicking around in the garage I checked mine, 242 and 262 Permatex brand.

I rolled out the Monster cables, hooked up the Paradimn speakers ( thank you Cal 08) to the Vintage Technics receiver and proceeded to damage my hearing. I don't always listen to 80's music, but when I do, so do the neighbors....

IMG_20200328_154119058.jpg
    The speakers sound great but showed their age as they spit off the rotting rubber around the woofers bit by bit. No biggie, they have covers and sound great!

Once the walls were shakin' I took the bike out of dry dock, rehooked the tether and covered it back up. Just add fuel and more than a day ( in a row ) of warm weather and we'll see....

IMG_20200328_155643478.jpg

Tried out the latest apocalypse wear that may be good for Walmart or a bank heist ( if tinted visor). Shades of Futurama ??

IMG_20200328_151010885_HDR.jpg
    Okay, perhaps the boredom is having a detrimental effect?!

Stay healthy and try to laugh once in awhile.

2. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha Lycan
    So I see you came to your senses and traded the KTM for something more reliable a KLR
    Lycan1 likes this.
  3. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Sshhhh. That's camoflauge although during the Apocalypse it may make it a target.... Oh oh I may have to rethink that. I may be feverish.

Cal likes this.
  4. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Lycan1, I'm glad they've found a good home and the subs will disintegrate with use rather than disuse. Out of curiosity, what was the first song you played. I typically turn to zeppelin, ambient, or Bach, mood dependant.

The 690 is staring to look like a bike now, with the triples attached and forks installed. I ended up installing the triples twice, as I didn't notice the mark for the offset center until a bit into it. Removed, a small twist, retorque and back in with another coat of the good stuff. The bearings and races were in good condition with no marks and pitting. Everything lined up really nice. The stock fork caps have no pre-load or ability to vent, so the caps were swapped out with 450 EXC caps. This is where I appreciate the professional experience of a shop. It would take me a while to find the right part, if I'd thought of it at all. The forks are sprung to my weight, and valved for high speed washboard roads. I'm anxious to see how they feel. Try as I might for the higher horsepower version of the anodized gas cap, the orange one, I settled on the lower horsepower black version. The bike is already mapped with EVO 1, and I don't want to pull my arms off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

One of the hold down bolts for the handlebar mounts was bent: it appears it wasn't aligned nice last time around, so a replacement to be ordered for Monday and a natural stopping point for today.
    ScooterNoMore, Cal and Lycan1 like this.
  5. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Joan Jett's version of Dirty Deeds.

Then Plastic Jesus by Billy Idol,

Bald by the Darkness,

American Woman by Lenny Kravitz .

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Go Robot

ScooterNoMore, Cal and cal08 like this.
  6. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Idol hands.

IMG_20200329_112655931.jpg
    Still not bad for a 14 year old car driven every winter.
    Shame I'll be taking out to work tomorrow but I guess I should count myself lucky to be working still. The interior will stay clean regardless.

IMG_20200328_131158857.jpg

I could get out to the Street with the bike if I wanted to with just about 5 feet of ice to cross. I just don't see the sense in it until a bit more warmth is in the ground and less patches of ice. I sure don't want a visit to a healthcare facility for something completely preventable. Hell, the grocery store is bad enough right now.
    D'ster and ScooterNoMore like this.
  7. VF1000Fe

VF1000Fe Rubbermaid Renegade

Oddometer:
    I did a pair of 15"s a few months ago;
    [​IMG]
    Got Done-In by the Drum Solo *In-A-Gadda-Vidda / Live*

Messy & Delicate work (always Shim the Voice Coil);
    [​IMG]

Have now done all 3x 15" Woofs;
    [​IMG]

I like to turn it up (Yamaha 7x 120W) so I can listen to it while Mowing the Lawn,,..
    ScooterNoMore, Cal, cal08 and 2 others like this.
  8. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pardon! pardon! You will have to speak up. Can't hear you ...........
    Lycan1 likes this.
  9. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was getting to the point where I needed to re-group and organize the parts, put away the tools. So an extra thermos of coffee and the garage fireplace burning the deck construction debris for some heat, well, you guys know the drill. The install pile is getting smaller each day, which is pleasant to see. I will say I am getting much better installing the tires, as time passes. I'm forcing myself to just use the two little trail irons, as that will be in my tool box if I flat in the field. These ones are really nice I am finding. An MEC purchase, 6 bucks each if I recall. Really thin lip, so it inserts in the tight sections and a small rounded bent head so it never grabs the tube, only the tire. They are my fave iron to date. So, cleaned up the parts and tools, and changed the front meat. Not a bad day.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    ScooterNoMore, Cal and Lycan1 like this.
  10. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Well I finally...broke on through to the other side!

Calgary "Spring" 2020, I salute you!

IMG_20200329_161227863.jpg
  11. SPEEDSMITH

SPEEDSMITH Sh!t Disturber

Oddometer:
    After 2 large tubs of salted gravel, we were free!!
    I can't remember seeing more bikes in 1 day, even in the Summer. ADV 01.jpg ADV 03.jpg
  12. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Problem solved.

What could go wrong?
    Lav1200 and ScooterNoMore like this.
  13. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    the write up on the E12 looks good! And the video shows them with 3100 km of wear also looks good. Give em a try!
    cal08 likes this.
  15. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    cal08 likes this.
  16. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Cal and cal08 like this.
  17. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    3 for 3 on the local forum. Placing order and will advise in due course.
  18. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Plus 1 on the E09 I rode 600o km in Morocco on a pair and loved them!
  19. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    What I like is the improved tread depth. The block pattern is very similar to some of their other offerings. They just need a 150 in my wheel size and I'll order right away.

I have a patched E 07 that will go back on once I burn off the rest of the TKC that I saved as a spare when I initially swapped them over.
    cal08 likes this.
  20. Pjammer

Pjammer Been here awhile

Oddometer: