Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Funky Monkey Trunk

Oddometer:
    Yes. Really like the E12. Bought an E13 and E12 for a trip to do the IDBDR this summer (not looking good that it'll happen after all). The E12 was stable on the highway and excellent on two-track and gravel. Lasted longer than an MT21 on the rear.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/so-disappointed-was-hoping-to-try-the-mitas-e12.1207513/
    cal08 likes this.
  2. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got the old Pelican 1520's mounted up today, this will be the 3rd bike for them SAM_2676.JPG SAM_2677.JPG SAM_2678.JPG
  3. Bakfarht

Bakfarht Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey fellow Calgarian riders.. wondering if anyone has bought Octane riding gear at Blackfoot, if so what's your review. Looks like decent gear but not much info on line. Thanks
  4. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Blackfoot is open. Was there the other day picking out helmets with daughter. Verbal screening at the entrance. They are asking you don't touch stuff needlessly. But otherwise, open for business and full of bikes and gear.
    Cal and ScooterNoMore like this.
  6. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
  7. Bakfarht

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link. I've tried it on in store, just wondered if anyone has used it. The sales guy just had the usual say-what-the-customer-wants-to-hear b.s.
  8. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was it decent quality when trying it on? Do they have a good stock of sizes out on the floor? It is well priced
  9. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha I am now building flower boxes to attach to my fence. Here is a side view CB500X 2018 bought it on Jan. 4th and then went down to ride Mexico on the Strom which is still in storage in Arizona, I had hoped to go get it the end of April for another ride on the Dempster with my friend from Spain, thats why I bought the 500 so he could ride the Strom. Still need to get a skid plate for the 500 Going to call GW on Monday and see if they can bring in SW Motech other wise just order one from Fortnine....but I always give GW the first chance and they always are the same price as Fortnine or some times lower SAM_2683.JPG
  10. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Valve check the easy way... SAM_2570.JPG have Motocity Suzuki do it in Durango Mexico, full price of labor and the new air filter was $60.00 US.
    ScooterNoMore and Bakfarht like this.
  11. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Nice color. I look forward to seeing it in person eventually.
    Cal likes this.
  12. Bakfarht

Oddometer:
    Ya they look really good, seems like quality materials and workmanship. I assume if Blackfoot sells them they're pretty decent, they usually have quality stuff. I tried on the Radiator jacket, has a lot of nice adventure features like waterproofing, lots of vents, removable panels, kangaroo pocket, good liners, lots of adjustability. It's $400. They don't have Radiator pants, but Venture pants which match and also look pretty good, they're $240. I've got an older Yamaha Dakar suit that's still good but lacks a lot of these features. There's a number of other jackets in that price range or less so I'm not super tempted, but if the quality is on par I might be.
    Cal likes this.
  13. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The missing parts arrived and now the handlebars and brakes can be attended to, along with finalizing the rest of the swingarm assembly torque wise. I have to admit, that SpeedClean product is really nice; it's really a piece of art and is made by an inmate here (@cse). The big plus is I doubt I will ever deal with a broken lever again; stock was a bad joke on the tough-bastard front. If anyone is shopping for a replacement, you will like this. It's a bit spendy, but that's only because our dollar sucks relative to the US, with the payment transaction companies and Canada post service wanting their pound of flesh. If this was a pure US purchase, it's the same price point as stock and the quality is second to none. A would recommend and would buy again product.

One of the teachings at the Birch courses was bringing the pedal closer under foot. It really is a big change over the range of control you get over your bike by doing that small thing. For me, the near-style pedals are now standard on my bikes. This is a cheap mod I encourage anyone to try.

The bars are off the TE, as I replaced the 125 bars with something flatter and less sweep to match daughters size and stance. One of my goals was to standardize my stance between bikes, and having the same bar set up and position to the 2T 300 goes to that. And now it has some new handgrips to replace the beat up ones of the past.

Lots of fiddling with alignment, set up, brake bleeding. Still lots to do.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    powderzone, Lycan1 and Cal like this.
  14. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very nice brake pedal!
    Bakfarht and cal08 like this.
  15. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cal08
    what do you write on the garage door and is it removable
  16. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There was a point in my life that I had so much going on I couldn't remember anymore. Between renovations, my own builds, bike maint, things my family wanted me to do, it was endless and I would just spin around. I took my garage door and one of those white board markers and just wrote everything down as it came to me. Slowly it got a level of organization. At one point the entire door was covered. Each item gets a box, a single slash when I start and an X when it's 100 % done done. Thank Jesus it's almost clear and it's just down to the stuff I actually want to do as opposed to stuff other people want me do for them. What your reading is my build details for the 690. But there are other notes on the other side you can't see. - permits for the deck build, wire the garage, etc. The garage door is nice, cuz you can write something down and I know it will stay there til I clean it off. So a build list, for example, can be developed a summer in advance. I've learned from the past to leave my bikes alone once the season starts. Winter is mod and maintenance time. A brush and some standard cleaner returns it to pristine white. When I go to the other side, I want it 100% clean.
    Bakfarht, Lycan1 and Cal like this.
  17. ScooterNoMore

ScooterNoMore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was just at Superstore for a few necessities. Took a tour through the home goods.....then down the tiny hardware isle.......and........WIN!! It’s the small things these days!! @ $1.99 I’m sure there not heat or fuel resistant but for tying up cables and other misc bits!!
    Adjustments.jpg
  18. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Toolmaster . Are those the kind that break as soon as they are installed? lol:rofl
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  19. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    You have Obviously not tasted the Orange koolaid, otherwise you'd understand.

I was given a huge bag of beautiful Orange zip ties. As brittle as the inside of a Skor bar but so pretty. :lol3
    Cal and ScooterNoMore like this.
  20. Bakfarht

Oddometer:
    Saw a few other DS riders out SW of town today around 5 pm. What a great day to finally get a decent ride in! Spent a couple hours in the Granary/Coalmine/Plummers road area.
    ScooterNoMore and Cal like this.