Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. xscoobysnack

xscoobysnack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's almost gone though. This could be the weekend to get out there for a number of us.
    ScooterNoMore, AJRJ and Cal like this.
  2. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Field report: Radium and area. The lower elevations are clear with some ice and snow in small random sections, these areas being full time shade. The ice and snow are driveable, however, and at elevations close to valley bottom, good traction is to be had. Above westside rd are still clearing. Quads are out. Lots of folks target shooting in the common areas, so do a re-con loop before you hit the single track. Otherwise, good riding at lower elevations. Lots of snow to go still in the upper; a few snowmobiles on the backs of trucks still.

Base stage, all clear. Littleone in her new lid for birthday. It looks big, but that is because helmets are getting much better now and are manufactured to accomodate multiple and multi-directional impacts during a biff.

I hear it sucks in cowtown this weekend. To celebrate my good fortune, I'm having some whiskey and lemon watching the evening sun and clouds. Cheers all.

Edit: for the 300 2T folks, i have an early bday gift to myself: a new custom RKTEK cylinder head that i installed last week. Holy faaaack. All it wants to do is pull now. Its like i went up 100cc. I intend on doing a better detail comment in a bit once i hit some familar hills but first impression is solid.!!

20200418_155106.jpg 20200418_135418.jpg 20200418_154705.jpg
  3. xscoobysnack

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if Mclean to Millarville is open?
  4. xscoobysnack

Oddometer:
    Nevermind, looks like it's closed until May. Any recommendations to get in some gravel this early in the year?
  5. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    So many out there but south of Turner is usually my first. Heading out around noon from Silverado by the Kildares Ale House.
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  6. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Sometimes when a buddy does something silly you wait, watch and take pictures before offering assistance.

IMG_20200419_143706519.jpg
  7. Cowtowner

Cowtowner Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got out for a short ride today on Sibbald Road - was going to head down Hwy 40 to the winter gate but the highway was closed at Barrier Lake. Asked the kid in the fire vest why. "Virus", he says. Ah well, Sibbald was ok. Hope y'all had a good weekend.

image0 - Copy (2).jpeg image1 - Copy (2).jpeg
  8. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    I
    I see they painted over the "art work" from last year. How deep was the puddle?
  9. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went for my first ride of the season today too. Funny thing, I was tempted to do this same thing but I had no buddies along to rescue me from my silliness.
    cal08 likes this.
  10. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Shortly after that picture he powered out on his own.
  11. Cowtowner

Oddometer:
    Maybe just six inches deep at most. Lots of water running everywhere out there, little streams eroding that little road out there at times as well.
    Lycan1 likes this.
  12. AJRJ

AJRJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was a nice day, although most of it was spent on a chicken coop. Hurt my hand yesterday so declined the big ride out in the ghost. Still went out to test the waters though this afternoon...

AB827F30-A914-42BB-8A9F-8F5AFCBE143D.jpeg
    Cowtowner and cal08 like this.
  13. Pjammer

Pjammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to see you all getting out.

In that vein, I've been given the go ahead on an afternoon off of parenting, either tomorrow, or Tues.
    I've got the bike all buttoned up, and am looking to go out for a rip. If anyone wants to join/lead a ride, let me know.
    I'm in the NW, but will go anywhere
    cal08 likes this.
  14. spuh

spuh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just checked with Murphy; if he'd been on his own, he'd have needed a tow out.
    Lycan1 likes this.
  15. ColumbusTheExplorer

ColumbusTheExplorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The south end of Mclean Creek at the seasonal gate. Still lots of snow there. The elevation is 1350m so a few 100 meters higher than the city. The road is ok, with the occasional slippery, wet muddy section.

I failed to take a picture of the sign surrounded in snow that read "Fire Ban"...

IMG_20200419_192250_835476812.jpg
  16. Cowtowner

Oddometer:
    Hi, does anyone have locations of black dirt road allowances east of Alberta that they could share? And canal allowances? John
  17. Cowtowner

Oddometer:
    What tanks are on that bike? Are they the newer style safaris or the british ones?
  18. AJRJ

AJRJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those would be the Rally Raid Products tanks.
  19. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That’s a sharp quiver Columbus. It looks really good.
  20. Cowtowner

Oddometer:
    Those are very cool. I'm sort of in the market for one of these bikes used to replace my dirt bike and trying to figure out what tank I'd do.