Calgary - 27 2005 GSs Sold so far !!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Stand Up, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Stand Up

Stand Up Ride non-painted roads

Oddometer:
    Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary sold 27 GSs so far this year. Thank's to Blackfoot (Doug and Ian) for the wine and cheese last Friday, the new BMW models are spectacular. I was talking up this forum with a bunch of people...anyone here yet??? I'm ready for the Rockies...the goal is simple - Calgary to Vancouver on as little pavement as possible and never cover the same ground twice.

Cheers
  2. billy_037

billy_037 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Okotoks here. If you are planning that trip to Vancouver, let me hear. Sounds really good.
  3. dastick

dastick dastick

Oddometer:
    Whats the route you have in mind?
  4. dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds I'm alive.

Oddometer:
    When?
    I have to learn to fly fish first.

Dirty
  5. Namron

Namron Old Fart

Oddometer:
    Put me on the list as well for this trip to Vancover
  6. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hello, :D

I went to visit Blackfoot last Saturday. You didn't buy the Red 1200 did you? I see one with a SOLD sign. Enjoyed my visit with family in Red-deer but next year for spring break can you guys do something about all that snow. :rofl I went from +16 and sunny here in northern BC to -20 C. No fun and no bikeing weather yet.

Welcome and have fun :thumb

Rick,

"The Skid-Plate Guy"
  7. Stand Up

Oddometer:
    Why is a GS like a pig? When they get in the mud, they like rollin around. Good thing I had crash bars and left my BMW cases at home. I would have responded sooner, but I ain't that bright. I've been trying to create a map using Garim topo, Backroads maps, BC forestry maps, and plot it out in a fancy picture. It will be a while.

The trip..... "if I new where I was going - it wouldn't be an adventure". Basically:
    Calgary - Turner Valley - Elkford - Canal Flats - Kimberly - Kooteny Lake - Needles - Big White Ski Hill - Kelowna. My Mom and sis live in Kelowna. From Kelowna to Vancouver - I just love that north road down to Whistler (pavement), or a relative of mine drives a hopped up Toyota race truck that he drives from Van to Kel all the time on logging roads (I'll ask). I have all the maps, just haven't figured it out. I'll post that route - hopefully this century.

In Dec.04 I bought the red GS with the scratch on the swing arm (it was hacked while uncrating). Got free crash bars and side cases.

Regards,

Stand Up
  8. dr650bc

dr650bc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey guys, feel free to contact us when you plan to come out west. we would be glad to show you around some excellent GSable terrain.

.........or if youre around in early sept join loadedpalooza3 - guaranteed to be a great event
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72458

Ray
  9. north49

north49 keep the rubber side down

Oddometer:
    I read your thread and just to let you know I am awaiting a new one to be in for May 1 now too, make that 28. I currently have a 2001 R1150GS Blue and white one, gonna sell it and upgrade. I just got back from a ride through copper canyon, mexico and decided this was the bike to have for it from now on.

10. norther

norther Mind=Yes Body=No

Oddometer:
    I am not one of the GS owners but would definitely be interested in learning more about the ride and the route you have planned.

I have heard it is possible to ride very little pavement here to Vancouver. I just need to find the route.
  11. Surlyguy

Surlyguy Guest

Hi 1200 owners. I'm planning on going for a ride on Sunday if any of you are interested. If any one is looking for a little off road (well bad road is more like it) drop me a line. Probably head in towards the Ghost area.

Blair
  12. Stand Up

Oddometer:
    My 1000 km service is April 22. Had to wait 3 weeks, but I'm ready to go. Anyone going anywhere this weekend? I've found a great "learn to ride in 4 inches of soft silty sand" area (near Chestimere) with a few hills and a great bar near by. That's what I'm doing this weekend. I'm heading to Kelowna Apr 29 if the weather is OK. Will do #1 to Three Valley Gap then turn south past Mable Lake to Kelowna. Cell # 850-6905